• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ivera23

ivera23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Iam thinking of getting a speed feed for my rotor but just wondering is it worth getting or is it just a waste of money.

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

I dont find them to incredibly useful, but if you play tournaments I could see it being helpful.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

i dont like speedfeeds, i almost always lose 5 or 6 balls when i reload. i know its not much but i get super pissed when i lose paint, dump a pod getting it out of my belt, or just miss a reload and dump a pod. true story, my exalt speedfeed let me dump half a hopper of paint when i dropped my crossover in the woods. but i hear nothing but praise for hk epics. look into those i guess

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I have spilled WAY more paint from lids opening on me than I have from speed feeds. If you get an Exalt or Virtue SF you shouldn't have any problems losing paint and it will make podding up MUCH faster.

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Get a speedfeed.

I remember when I switched back to lids, I poured 2 pods on the ground before I realized that they were on the ground.

#6 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

I prefer the factory lid to a speed feed. Never had an issue with it.

#7 ivera23

ivera23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I have never had a problem with the factory lid a speed feed just seems more convenient

Edited by ivera23, 05 April 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#8 ivera23

ivera23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Ok i went down to my local store and bought an exalt speed feed. I put it on the rotor and iam impressed the balls go in smooth and quick. I even filled it and turned it upside down and shook it up and down and it held up non of the paint came out. Iam going jungle island tomorrow and ill test in a teal game.

#9 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I cannot live without a speed feed.

I love you.

#10 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Ok i went down to my local store and bought an exalt speed feed. I put it on the rotor and iam impressed the balls go in smooth and quick. I even filled it and turned it upside down and shook it up and down and it held up non of the paint came out. Iam going jungle island tomorrow and ill test in a teal game.

maybe its cuz you had a rotor. all i know is that exalt universal/halo feeds suck

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

maybe its cuz you had a rotor. all i know is that exalt universal/halo feeds suck

They're all the same.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

They're all the same.

would being used affect it? all the teeth are just fine, but does use cause them to suck?

#13 ivera23

ivera23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

They're all the same.

would being used affect it? all the teeth are just fine, but does use cause them to suck?

The guy told me that they all wear out but that exalt last the longest. I will be using it tomorrow at the paintball field so i will be able to really see what it can do.

#14 ivera23

ivera23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

So i used my speed feed for the first time all day and i havr mixed emotions. The very first game i used it in someone shot my hopper and it got paint all inside. I had to throw away about 150 paintballs. However i was reloading faster which did come in handy several times.

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

So i used my speed feed for the first time all day and i havr mixed emotions. The very first game i used it in someone shot my hopper and it got paint all inside. I had to throw away about 150 paintballs. However i was reloading faster which did come in handy several times.

It's really uncommon to be shot in the opening of your loader so it just sounds like you got unlucky earlier than most of us after buying a speedfeed.

#16 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

My main reason for not switching to a speed feed is that if it starts raining, I don't want to be forced to stop playing. I play rec woodsball and big games though... :unsure:

#17 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

My main reason for not switching to a speed feed is that if it starts raining, I don't want to be forced to stop playing. I play rec woodsball and big games though... :unsure:

If it rains hard, I'm done no matter what. I am not risking a fried board just to finish out a few more games

#18 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

If it rains hard, I'm done no matter what. I am not risking a fried board just to finish out a few more games

If it's just raining, I'll keep going, it's no big deal. My board is enclosed inside the shell, it should be good.

#19 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

I play with a speed feed rain or shine. I refuse to play without it. Boards are "sealed" anyways. They are made to handle some moisture.

#20 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

I play with a speed feed rain or shine. I refuse to play without it. Boards are "sealed" anyways. They are made to handle some moisture.

Interesting. Luckily for me my local field has an indoor course as well so I don't normally have to worry about the weather, but if I'm playing somewhere else I'll be a little more lenient if the weather takes a turn on me.

Is the whole sealed thing universal to most boards? I know that it was a bragging point for the extcy, but I haven't heard other markers promote that.

#21 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Interesting. Luckily for me my local field has an indoor course as well so I don't normally have to worry about the weather, but if I'm playing somewhere else I'll be a little more lenient if the weather takes a turn on me.

Is the whole sealed thing universal to most boards? I know that it was a bragging point for the extcy, but I haven't heard other markers promote that.

I have a TM-7, so it's a little different :P

#22 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm not worried about the board being fried. Markers are designed to resist the elements, and the boards are pretty well protected. Remember the old Smart Parts SP1 underwater testing video?

I play rain or shine, and I like having the standard lid to help keep the rain away from my paint.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users