18 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

I am most likely going to buy an axe soon for tournaments next year. I want to know, does it majorly need any upgrades to be tournament ready or is there anything I should upgrade in general?

I know it doesn't need a new trigger or ASA but are there other parts that need upgrading? (I already know about the for grip extender and I am not planning to get one because my hands are fairly small)

Edited by Justin B., 05 April 2013 - 02:34 PM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

not really

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#3 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

No sir, the axe is ready to rock as is right out of the package. A lurker or boss bolt would help with efficiency, smooth shot, and quiet the gun down but it's mainly preference.

#4 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

It's an Axe. It needs an air tank and a hopper.

That's it.

Honestly? Once you get into the midrange markers or above, you really don't need "upgrades" of any sort.

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

If you WANT, you can get a Boss or Lurker bolt, STAY AWAY FROM TECHT, and that will make your marker smoother and more efficient.

#6 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

If you WANT, you can get a Boss or Lurker bolt, STAY AWAY FROM TECHT, and that will make your marker smoother and more efficient.

For the love of god though, don't shit in it... Posted Image

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

For the love of god though, don't shit in it... Posted Image

Speak for yourself. ;)

#8 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks everyone!

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#9 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

New barrel.
Get a nice 14in barrel and smaller bore. Depending on the size of paint in your area.

#10 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

New barrel.
Get a nice 14in barrel and smaller bore. Depending on the size of paint in your area.

Why? Barrel length is personal preference and there is nothing wrong with the stock bore. The axe stock barrel works just fine, and in order to get any clear advantage from messing with the bore you would need a full barrel kit with all sorts of barrel backs, which is hardly worth the cost when compared to how much of an efficiency gain is made.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

New barrel.

Why? Barrel length is personal preference and there is nothing wrong with the stock bore. The axe stock barrel works just fine, and in order to get any clear advantage from messing with the bore you would need a full barrel kit with all sorts of barrel backs, which is hardly worth the cost when compared to how much of an efficiency gain is made.

You...you have potential.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

New barrel.

You...you have potential.

Indeed he does. I like him much more now.

#13 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

New barrel.

It is personal preference. Maybe he does want a 14in barrel and a smaller bore.
Barrel kits are a waste of money.
You don't need a barrel kit if you already know what bore you are going to be using.

#14 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

New barrel.

It is personal preference. Maybe he does want a 14in barrel and a smaller bore.
Barrel kits are a waste of money.
You don't need a barrel kit if you already know what bore you are going to be using.

Then why suggest it if even you agree that it's personal preference?
I'm really confused as to why you would suggest a different barrel in the first place if you think the kit would be a waste of money.

The purpose of having a different bore in the first place is normally for the sake of underboring.

With the stock bore, you're already pretty well guaranteed to be over. If you wanted a different bore in order to under bore, you couldn't just go with one bore size.

Each batch of paint is different. Every manufacturer has different sized paint. The weather can also to a degree effect the size of your paint and what bore you would need to use in order to still be underboring. You cannot know for sure what size paint you will be shooting on any given day.

Taking all this into account, it really is just easier and cheaper to use the fully functional stock barrel.

Edit: formatting

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 06 April 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#15 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

If he wants a new barrel, he can get it.
I'm just suggesting what I would get.
I am used to using a 14in barrel. I'd say .684 is a good size bore for me no matter the conditions.

I never suggested buying a kit that is costing 100$+

Edited by TECHDP=), 06 April 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#16 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

It doesn't NEED upgrades. But me having an axe, a 14 inch barrel and a new bolt (boss or lurker) are all that i find useful.

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

It doesn't NEED upgrades. But me having an axe, a 14 inch barrel and a new bolt (boss or lurker) are all that i find useful.

Everything about upgrades that an Axe owner needs to know is right there. ^^^

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 06 April 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#18 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

This is good advice. If you decide you want a longer barrel, don't waste your money on an insert kit. Most people can get away with two, one-piece barrels in .678-.680 and in .684-.685 for much less than the cost of an insert kit. It's hard to find paint that won't underbore in either range (.680 to .685 or in .685 to .690), you can get the right control bore length, and you'll save yourself fifty to one hundred dollars.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

This is good advice. If you decide you want a longer barrel, don't waste your money on an insert kit. Most people can get away with two, one-piece barrels in .678-.680 and in .684-.685 for much less than the cost of an insert kit. It's hard to find paint that won't underbore in either range (.680 to .685 or in .685 to .690), you can get the right control bore length, and you'll save yourself fifty to one hundred dollars.

That's exactly what I do too. .678 and .684 Lurker Eigenbarrels and the stock .691 cover any paint out there.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users