• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 eceepb

eceepb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I am getting a new mask and am torn between the two. What are the Pros and Cons of both?
Hopper, Mechanical Marker, Electric marker: http://eceepb.imgur.com/all/
Feedback 2/0/0

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

i4 is great if you have a tiny head. E-Vents are "meh" due to the poor venting and crap foam.

I would suggest trying both on and would personally take a Vforce Grill or Empire E-Flex over either in a heartbeat. There's nothing wrong with the i4s they just don't fit my head very well.

#3 Pmartin9

Pmartin9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Events:
Pros: good coverage (even with a big head), nice ears, good breath ability, good hearing
Cons: not great foam, heavy(er), i4s have a better profile, i4s have a better fov
I4s:
Pros: great profile, comfortable, breathable, easy to talk, good soft ears, great lense change system, huge fov
Cons: if you have a large head they can leave the jaw and chin exposed, I you get shot in the ear it rings like a b****

#4 eceepb

eceepb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the advice i could care less for the vforce grillz, i hate the style. I just dont want to have a busted eardrum from crappy ear protection.
Feedback 2/0/0

#5 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

i4's, i have a big head and still love em!

#6 eceepb

eceepb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I thought the foam on the i4s were crap, because i seen the foam come of the i4s easily. Is the foam really that much better than other mask?
Feedback 2/0/0

#7 eceepb

eceepb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

off*
Feedback 2/0/0

#8 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

I am getting a new mask and am torn between the two. What are the Pros and Cons of both?

don't get an i4 without trying them on first. they are a small mask that should be tried on by pretty much everyone before they buy them.

i4 is great if you have a tiny head. E-Vents are "meh" due to the poor venting and crap foam.

I would suggest trying both on and would personally take a Vforce Grill or Empire E-Flex over either in a heartbeat. There's nothing wrong with the i4s they just don't fit my head very well.

the events and elex's use the same upper half, dont they? meaning they use the same "meh" foam?

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#9 eceepb

eceepb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

ill make sure to try on some i4s, thanks for all the advice and ill take a look at the grillz.
Feedback 2/0/0

#10 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

don't get an i4 without trying them on first. they are a small mask that should be tried on by pretty much everyone before they buy them.

the events and elex's use the same upper half, dont they? meaning they use the same "meh" foam?

no, they just share the soft ears, quick release, and lenses. and to be honest i like e-vents foam. its not too plush, i hate spectra foam

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Events:
Pros: good coverage (even with a big head), nice ears, good breath ability, good hearing
Cons: not great foam, heavy(er), i4s have a better profile, i4s have a better fov
I4s:
Pros: great profile, comfortable, breathable, easy to talk, good soft ears, great lense change system, huge fov
Cons: if you have a large head they can leave the jaw and chin exposed, I you get shot in the ear it rings like a b****

LOL

There are some differences. Same lenses and similar soft ears but the foam in the E-Flex is Empire's version of the spectra foam, it's slightly more firm. I'm not sure which foam the replacement foam kits are though.

#12 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

no, they just share the soft ears, quick release, and lenses. and to be honest i like e-vents foam. its not too plush, i hate spectra foam

gotcha, i wasn't questioning you to prove you wrong, i was legitimately curious.

Edited by Pakistani, 06 April 2013 - 07:41 PM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

gotcha, i wasn't questioning you to prove you wrong, i was legitimately curious.

No worries, I always expected the E-Flex to have the exact same foam as the original proflex/shield so I was just as surprised after trying some on.

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

It isnt the same proflex foam. Its very similar, just a bit more firm, and feels much more sturdy on your face.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

It isnt the same proflex foam. Its very similar, just a bit more firm, and feels much more sturdy on your face.

Yeah that's what I meant, not sure if what I wrote made sense though.

#16 Paintball junky

Paintball junky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

I would go with the dye i4s because they have great venting, anyone else like the proto though? I've used it for so long and its still my everyday mask.
Posted Image

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Proto is fine if you really like it, but it seems to have too large of a profile.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users