24 replies to this topic

#1 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I haven't seen one of these, so I figured I'd post it. Post all of your stories with equipment issues, crappy customer service, or a company sending you dog crap in a box, even just calling a company out on their bull, do it here.
I am a raccoon.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Tiberius sending me 3 leaky back block adapters for my T8.1.

The 3rd one leaks but it is much less noticeable than the hiss that you can hear from across the room

Also first.

#3 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

SmartParts/Gog dos'nt deserve a second chance.You suck and I hate you
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Well, that was quick and to the point...

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well, that was quick and to the point...

When I saw what the thread was, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#6 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Dangerous power....I think enough people will engulf this thread with this company.

My personal story: I bought a G4, put my tank in it for the first time, shot a hopper to make sure it worked, degassed the marker, tank stuck in asa. I called DP 3 times getting no response, emailed them twice a day for 3 days, and finally got someone to answer my phone call after all that. Explained the situation, he told me, "Well, that sounds frustrating. Have you tried degassing it and unscrewing the tank from the asa?".....Posted Image I asked if I could speak with a tech. Was told the senior tech wasn't there and he was next in charge, greeeeaaaaatttt. After 8 mins of the most ignorant conversation I've ever had about paintball he tells me I'm just s.o.l.

Called Kee up and they had me send in my tank. They gave me a brand new tank (2 weeks old), one of the techs personal asa's he had laying around, and paid for my shipping both ways.
Even if they sent me dog s*** in a box I'd still take a Kee turd over DP products, at least if it didn't stink just right they'd send me a fresh pile to make things right.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Company called IPG. They sell tickets for what look like their own site, but are actually the shittest branch of sites in the universe. Put simply you get 100 paintballs, you pay more than you would if you had of just turned up, and the tickets can't all be used for yourself. So if you buy 20 tickets, once you realise you've been scammed you can't just make a day of it and get 2000 paintballs, you have to use a ticket as a booking and if the person the ticket is allocated to doesn't show up its forfeit.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Dangerous Power. Its like the slutty bitch whore of paintball:
Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice
Every misinformed person wants to get their hands on one
Ends up having a shit ton of problems.

Tippmann.
Why? Nah I wont start this again, don't wanna get banned for voicing things out.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 07 April 2013 - 03:27 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice

Tippmann.
Why? Nah I wont start this again, don't wanna get banned for voicing things out.

Ill take this one...

This is my opinion if you don't like it tough nuggets I don't care.

Tippmann. Never has a paintball company saddled and ridden one horse to death like Tippmann. Targeting the rental market is one thing but actually selling the markers they sell to new players is just downright wrong. At least attempt to keep up, dont rely on parents making a random purchase at a big box retailer to peddle your merchandise to unknowing masses. As a flagship company in paintball you would think progress would be something they would promote in their products but nope for the last who the hell knows how long they have sold the same products that don't hold a candle to lesser known brands at least as far as new players knowledge of the sport goes. Citing "reliability" as a key selling point is not longer going to fly when kids are wasting their money on a marker that will inevitably end up on a BST and depleting the small amount of money the kid had to spend on a marker in the first place.

This is an OPINION you don't have to like it and its not a personal attack unless your last name is Tippmann so please cool your jets... I am aware of all the things they do for the industry as a whole but that doesn't excuse the fact. I am also aware of the crossovers existance. That's why it's an opinion we can all have one not agree and get along perfectly fine...

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice

Except that the leaks are almost always a $5 fix, or user error.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#11 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice

Tippmann.

Ill take this one...

Tippmann. Never has a paintball company saddled and ridden one horse to death like Tippmann. Targeting the rental market is one thing but actually selling the markers they sell to new players is just downright wrong. At least attempt to keep up, dont rely on parents making a random purchase at a big box retailer to peddle your merchandise to unknowing masses. As a flagship company in paintball you would think progress would be something they would promote in their products but nope for the last who the hell knows how long they have sold the same products that don't hold a candle to lesser known brands at least as far as new players knowledge of the sport goes. Citing "reliability" as a key selling point is not longer going to fly when kids are wasting their money on a marker that will inevitably end up on a BST and depleting the small amount of money the kid had to spend on a marker in the first place.

This is an OPINION you don't have to like it and its not a personal attack unless your last name is Tippmann so please cool your jets... I am aware of all the things they do for the industry as a whole but that doesn't excuse the fact. I am also aware of the crossovers existance. That's why it's an opinion we can all have one not agree and get along perfectly fine...

<--- Starts to grind his teeth.

#12 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice

Tippmann.

Ill take this one...

<--- Starts to grind his teeth.

Hey I prefaced it. It's my opinion leave me be lol

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#13 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

There are 2 stores which are owned by the same company in my city. Both of them are 30 minutes away from me in different directions. They never seem to have things in stock in either store. In one instance I phoned them they told me that they had what I was looking for in one store but when I got there the guy told me that it was actually at the other store. Another time I bought an upgrade piece for my marker but it didnt work so I went back to return it and they told me I couldn't return it but instead get it repaired by them... To be honest I don't mind all their crap because there are 2 other stores in the city.

Posted Image

#14 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Left Coast Paintball has been bugging me recently. I neede an eye harness for my Victory, which they told me they had. I promptly paid for. A mere three weeks after payment had cleared through PayPal, I still had not received anything in the mail, or any sort of email or phone call, I sent them an email wondering if it had ever been shipped. I received a response saying they did not have any in stock, nor did BLAST.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#15 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

Left Coast Paintball has been bugging me recently. I neede an eye harness for my Victory, which they told me they had. I promptly paid for. A mere three weeks after payment had cleared through PayPal, I still had not received anything in the mail, or any sort of email or phone call, I sent them an email wondering if it had ever been shipped. I received a response saying they did not have any in stock, nor did BLAST.

I've had that before when there was something on (e.g. world cup), there might have been something going on when you ordered. I think they're great, when I ordered replacement parts they offered things for free and doubled the order for no extra charge.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#16 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

SmartParts/GOG. SmartParts did more damage to the sport then all other screw ups combined and they did it with unethical, bordering on criminal practices. They intentionally bankrupted a company to swoop in and take there technology and patents. Then tried to claim they were the inventors of this tech and sued all others that followed. And it's the same people that did this damage running GOG I don't believe they deserve to even be allowed in this industry. They may offer decent markers now but I refuse to fund the leaders of that company with any purchases do to there practices in the past.

Edited by TinyBear, 08 April 2013 - 03:20 AM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#17 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

RAP4 - Selling you 5 minutes worth of "realism" followed by a lifetime of regret.

Tippmann.

You won't get banned for having an opinion. You'll only get banned if you're a jackass about it.

Edited by Antonious, 08 April 2013 - 03:52 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#18 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I hate PE for just giving up on their older markers. I had the chance to buy an XSV SL66 but I backed out because it needed some work done.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#19 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I had the chance to buy an XSV SL66 but I backed out

We cannot be friends.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#20 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

We cannot be friends.

I'd call that a win-win.

I love you.

#21 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

We cannot be friends.

I'd call that a win-win.

No, only I get to win.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#22 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

We cannot be friends.

I'd call that a win-win.

No, only I get to win.

All me nobody else.

#23 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

We cannot be friends.

I'd call that a win-win.

No, only I get to win.

All me nobody else.

It's a total loss because it needed a new noid...

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#24 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice

By that logic I could sell a brand new computer with a power cord with frayed wires I mean hey its a cheap fix

#25 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Looks nice
Feels nice
Comes with nice things
Dressed up nice

By that logic I could sell a brand new computer with a power cord with frayed wires I mean hey its a cheap fix

If I liked everything else that the computer had, for the price, I'd still buy it.

Edited by Steephill, 11 April 2013 - 03:35 PM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users