6 replies to this topic

#1 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

so, here is the problem, maybe one of you will know better then me how to fix this without having to send my laptop back to HP....

my laptop isnt detecting its audio output hardware, this includes the headphone jack as well as the beats audio HD speakers, that are built into the laptop...

its an HP Pavillion M7 with windows 7...

my windows audio and all dependencies are work, and started according to my services log.... i have the driver installed, both form the HP website and the HP recovery assistant, yet, no driver shows up in my device manager, and my computer cant detect my audio output devices....

revocering the driver and my overall system doest work...

any advice? i would really prefer not to have to mail in my laptop to HP, due to school applications and such i kinda need my laptop... but i dont want her to be deaf and mute...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#2 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Try uninstalling the driver, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

And make doubly sure you're installing the right driver. HPs driver locator...leaves something to be desired IMO.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#3 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm in no way computer savvy, but if you have a Best Buy near you, take it in there and they will help right away. I took my PC in there and they charged me nothing to troubleshoot what was wrong with my computer. In and out time <7 mins.

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

try reinstalling the chipset drivers. My folks' HP desktop's audio went completely out, pretty similar to your problem, and reinstalling that fixed it. You can find them on the HP website in the support and drivers section. Punch in your computer's model info and operating system and get to the drivers. It should sound something like "original chipset driver".

#5 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm in no way computer savvy, but if you have a Best Buy near you, take it in there and they will help right away. I took my PC in there and they charged me nothing to troubleshoot what was wrong with my computer. In and out time <7 mins.

For what its worth, that's the exception and not the rule. My Best Buy (and I'm fairly certain company policy) states that a diag is a paid service. It wouldn't hurt to try, but don't expect much for free.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

It may be from an update. Check sound devices in control panel. Right click to see if they are turned on.

#7 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

all th right drivers are installed... windows audio is started and working... but, for some reason, my audio hardware isnt being detected... i dont think its a hardware issue, as the speakers worked fine one minute, then no sound the next... far as i can tell, my IDT HD Audio Driver is installed, but not being assigned to the task of running my audio... because my laptop doesnt recognize that it has speakers hardwired.... i am bringing it to a local computer guy to take a look at it and get an estimate as to the repair... its a bit above my head right now, and i dont want to mess things up

any time i open up the sound option in the control pannel i get a "no device is installed" message

Edited by OEFVeteran, 07 April 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users