22 replies to this topic

#1 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

This is a last effort to try and find the problem before I just cut and run. Hell, at this point, I'm so frustrated, I may do it anyway.

Azodin Kaos, Halo Too, 68/4500 ninja tank, field paint (Empire Custom Blend). Both stock barrel and a cheap 2 piece "Knock Out" barrel. Both are tremendously overbored; there is no resistance on the ball, and a ton of light around it. I think the barrel back is like a .690 or something. I took it to the field and was chronoing in the mid 200s. I don't remember exactly.

EVERY time I've tried to use this ting, I'm getting barrel breaks out the ass. This morning, I broke it out, put the tank and hopper on the Vibe (Firebolt, no QEV, eyes, or Blackheart), no problems. Move it over to the Kaos, within the first five shots, the barrel is coated. If I'm running $30 box Wal-Mart paint that you can slam from head height and still bounce, it shoots without the breaks.

Am I correct in thinking my problem is just stemming from the fact that the Kaos is not gentle on paint and my my field's paint is extremely brittle?

Edited by Dogg3, 06 April 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#2 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Its either your velocity is too high or its the paint. Shitty paint can still cause barrel breaks.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#3 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Your field paint is custom blend from empire? First off, I need to slap your field owner for having mixed paint. That could be evil, the most brittle paint in the game, mixed with hotbox. Second, try turning down your motor settings on your halo, it could be smashing the paint in the breech.
I am a raccoon.

#4 johnbran

johnbran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

As an owner of the Kaos and an etek 4, I'm going to say that either your paint is not quality pain(brittle, etc) OR you are firing too fast. Try to slow your firing speed and see how the performance improves.
Etek 4 LT

#5 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Your field paint is custom blend from empire? First off, I need to slap your field owner for having mixed paint. That could be evil, the most brittle paint in the game, mixed with hotbox. Second, try turning down your motor settings on your halo, it could be smashing the paint in the breech.

Nope. Halo's set on one. It was causing a problem with the Vibe, so I fixed that problem thinking it may fix both. Nope. EDIT:the vibe now shoots beautifully though.

Turning down the velocity has fixed barrel breaks, but now range is fairly shit. Unless I'm playing snake and trying to shoot at like midfield, I'm not going to get breaks on anything.

As an owner of the Kaos and an etek 4, I'm going to say that either your paint is not quality pain(brittle, etc) OR you are firing too fast. Try to slow your firing speed and see how the performance improves.

Thought of that. Nothing changes.

Edited by Dogg3, 06 April 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Nope. Halo's set on one. It was causing a problem with the Vibe, so I fixed that problem thinking it may fix both. Nope.

Turning down the velocity has fixed barrel breaks, but now range is fairly shit. Unless I'm playing snake and trying to shoot at like midfield, I'm not going to get breaks on anything.

Thought of that. Nothing changes.

Well, sounds to me you're S.O.L.
I am a raccoon.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

You clearly don't know what Custom Blend is. It's basically RPS Premium with field customized shell, fill, and even symbols on the shell.

#8 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well, sounds to me you're S.O.L.

<_< Figured about as much.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I should replace it with? Sub-$250, used is an option. Soft on paint is priority number one. If it doesn't come with an on/off asa, there should be enough left in budget for one. And I want eyes.

#9 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Lower your spring tension, it seems like the bolt is cracking the balls when it fires.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#10 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Might sound redundant but what kind of shape are your detents in it might be double feeding causing balls to chop and break and turn into a paint smoothie.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#11 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

If your halo is at one, could it be going too slow? I have mine at three for my enmey, and that's perfect

#12 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Try under-boring, i know that sounds backwards but if you overbore the balls bounce around in the barrel and can bust. If you underbore it can have the same effect that trying to crack and egg by squeezing it. if you want all of the technicalities of this idea watch this video, ,who knows maybe that could solve all your problems. worth a shot.

#13 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Use the Vibe????
it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

#14 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Might sound redundant but what kind of shape are your detents in it might be double feeding causing balls to chop and break and turn into a paint smoothie.

The detents aren't in like new condition, but they still seem to be in decent shape. I'll post a picture in a few? FWIW, there's only been one time where there was paint in the breech, and that was before turning down the Kaos. I don't think I'm getting a full "chop".

If your halo is at one, could it be going too slow? I have mine at three for my enmey, and that's perfect

Possibly. I'll try upping the speed. I THINK I had it on 3 or 4 when I had problems with the loader cracking paint, but I don't remember. I normally don't shoot very fast, and even with the Vibe in 11bps (?) full auto, I have no problems with feeding.

Use the Vibe????

While I'm the keeper of the Vibe, it isn't mine.

The other detent looks great. This one is the one of questionable integrity.

Posted Image

Edited by Dogg3, 07 April 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

You clearly don't know what Custom Blend is. It's basically RPS Premium with field customized shell, fill, and even symbols on the shell.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Did you try the underbore. I'm just curious to see if that helps any

#17 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I only have two barrels. The .690 And the stock 691 (?).

Not certain I want to buy a barrel just to find out it did nothing for me.

#18 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Stock is .689
I am a raccoon.

#19 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

definitely don't go buy one, next time your playing just ask the guy who owns the vibe or someone else if you could try their smaller bored barrel real quick. your field may even have one that you could try if you explain the issue and they might even have other suggestions to help. It is easier to figure out a problem when you can see exactly what the gun is doing other than just an explanation on a forum (although most of the time these guys can figure it out). But try to find an experienced player or your field own to look at it.

#20 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

definitely don't go buy one, next time your playing just ask the guy who owns the vibe or someone else if you could try their smaller bored barrel real quick. your field may even have one that you could try if you explain the issue and they might even have other suggestions to help. It is easier to figure out a problem when you can see exactly what the gun is doing other than just an explanation on a forum (although most of the time these guys can figure it out). But try to find an experienced player or your field own to look at it.

You can't use a vibe barrel on a blitz: vibe is ion threaded, blitz is autococker threaded.
I am a raccoon.

#21 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

It could be your spring tension, in which case you could buy the Azodin regulator and install it. This would let you turn the spring tension back to just two turns in from flush, and then adjust the velocity with the regulator pressure. This is something I've seen commonly with Kaos users, and should be effective since you've already commented that reduced spring tension solves the one problem but then gives you low velocity. The Azodin regulator is I think around $40.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#22 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

this what I would try to solve your problems.
1.Chrono your gun at 290-300 FPS.
2.Then feed paintballs one by one and see if any break.(see 4# if breaking)
3.If not stack 2-5 paintballs in the gun and shoot them as fast as possible.
4.If they are breaking try shooting without the barrel.(see 8# if breaking)
5.If they aren't breaking its not the gun, you are probably over boring too much or under boring too much.
6.You can check the barrel to paint size by rolling paint through the barrel.(most likely you are over boring too much)
7.Borrow a smaller bore barrel or buy one.
8.If they are still breaking then replace the detents and clean out the gun.
9.If they are still breaking i'm not sure it might be the paint, try something different.

Edited by ccseancc143, 09 April 2013 - 02:35 AM.

It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#23 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

You can't use a vibe barrel on a blitz: vibe is ion threaded, blitz is autococker threaded.

yeah forgot about that. well just try to borrow one that is cocker threaded. or do what ccseancc143 said and shoot it without a barrel and see if they break when you do that. you wont get the same fps but that shouldnt matter for what your interested in looking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users