• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

being someone who was in, it really pisses me off when i see some asshole weaing military rank they didnt earn, patches form units they were not in, or the improper wear of the uniform period...

I was never in, and I still dislike it anytime I see someone wearing the actual patches/ranks/etc on their camo.

I don't care one way or the other if someone wears military style BDUs or ACUs or whatever else ends up being developed in the future. For the entry level player just starting out on a tight budget, surplus BDUs are a pretty reasonable way to go (cheap and durable, even if heavy).

But trying to look the 'actual' part, outside of deliberate historical re-enactment (and in the context of true re-enactments, not something like OK D-Day. That is NOT a re-enactment), is just not right at all.

#102 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I agree with people who wear ranks and patches they did not earn. It's actually disrespectful, and used to be illegal. I don't know anyone who plays milsim and uses ACP. The only thing that helps you blend into is a pile of other ACP stuff.

I didn't say most guys in the military that play paintball do milsim, I said many milsim players were in the military. Look at the team savoy 6. Their entire team is all vets but they play milsim and still use their command structure, lingo, and tactics on the field.

#103 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Porsche, there is no substitute.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

This pisses me off. Nobody cares if you don't like milsim paintball.

So people should be mad that I don't like Milsim? Why?

And as OEFVeteran said, wearing badges, ranks and patches from stuff they haven't been in or deserved is disrespectful. Which mind you, most milsimmers do.
Every milsimmer I have ever seen in real life has worn some kind of military patch they didn't get in the military.

#104 MissMoneyShot

MissMoneyShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

My worst one is when someone moves after a paint check is called. With our games if someone calls a paint check you freeze and cease fire till the player is checked out by our ref. We had a situation last weekend where someone was blatently moving locations during a paint check because we had them under heavy fire. I was so angry.

Wippers piss me off to no end. We occasionally play with a ref but alot of ours is honor system based since we have a big field. Yu're out if you have a ball break on a direct shot. We don't count spatter or bounce offs. So we rely alot on integrity and I hate it when someone cheats. I also get irritated at sore losers.

I also dislike pissing contests which we have alot of....

Miss Money Shot

#105 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I wore my Dad's cammies for a long time, the jacket had his patches on it but I out grew them about 2 years after I started playing.

I'm not going to yell at anyone for wearing anything, If that person is obviously wearing a second hand jacket then who cares (E.i. Ratty jeans and a woodland camo top)? Second hand and surplus clothes are great beginner clothing and support local businesses. Let me say though that If they went out of their way for a full matching set of cammies that are still in use with all the items that a soldier might wear, with the tabs and patches and they haven't earned them than I could see it being disrespectful.

I don't think you should go out of your way to yell at somebody though, That's a great representation of our game.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#106 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

I wore my Dad's cammies for a long time, the jacket had his patches on it but I out grew them about 2 years after I started playing.

I'm not going to yell at anyone for wearing anything, If that person is obviously wearing a second hand jacket then who cares (E.i. Ratty jeans and a woodland camo top)? Second hand and surplus clothes are great beginner clothing and support local businesses. Let me say though that If they went out of their way for a full matching set of cammies that are still in use with all the items that a soldier might wear, with the tabs and patches and they haven't earned them than I could see it being disrespectful.

I don't think you should go out of your way to yell at somebody though, That's a great representation of our game.

Camo clothing isn't an issue at all. I like camo.
But say if I was wearing a "22nd Airborne Easy Company" badge on my shoulder with an officer rank. That would be wrong.

#107 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

But say if I was wearing a "22nd Airborne Easy Company" badge on my shoulder with an officer rank. That would be wrong.

if two people were standing next to each other with the same patch. and only one of them really earned it, how would you know ?

id say disrespectful to the ones who buy it off the shelf. but also, like the kid was wearing his Dads patch, that's HONOR.
I earned mine tho, so i'll flaunt it, but not on the field :) could it increase my game if I did ? MAYBE

Edited by FireFly*, 12 April 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#108 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

if two people were standing next to each other with the same patch. and only one of them really earned it, how would you know ?

id say disrespectful to the ones who buy it off the shelf.

but also, like the kid was wearing his Dads patch, that's HONOR.

I earned mine tho, so i'll flaunt it :)

Agree with everything you said right there.

#109 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

I use to wear my dads jacket when I first started playing. I've also played with kids who wore their dads jackets.

I also agree with Firefly*

#110 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

When I bought a pair of BDU's my dad (who was Army EOD in the 80's) made me remove the patches. I don't see why its so hard.

#111 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

i dont have an issue with a kid wearing his dads or brother cammies... its the douche weaing full marpat with name taps who clearly hasnt served a day in life... or that DoD warror wearing a full ACU/MultiCam get up with SF tabs and rank... and if you have served, then you know how to spot someone who has never served, its quite clear to me when i see someone at the field if they have served or not...

and yeah, i'll chew anyone a new asshole that i see wearing any tabs or rank that they didnt earn... unless of course they are kid of a veteran, and the vet is there with them... in my opinion surplus stores should be able to sell surplus uniforms if they have any tabs, patches, rank or flags on them...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#112 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

i dont have an issue with a kid wearing his dads or brother cammies... its the douche weaing full marpat with name taps who clearly hasnt served a day in life... or that DoD warror wearing a full ACU/MultiCam get up with SF tabs and rank... and if you have served, then you know how to spot someone who has never served, its quite clear to me when i see someone at the field if they have served or not...

and yeah, i'll chew anyone a new asshole that i see wearing any tabs or rank that they didnt earn... unless of course they are kid of a veteran, and the vet is there with them... in my opinion surplus stores should be able to sell surplus uniforms if they have any tabs, patches, rank or flags on them...

Posted Image

#113 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

yeah, that guy was outed as a poser by stolen valor
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#114 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

experienced player ramping on renters. What about you?

Milsimers

Posted Image

lol why do milsimmers piss you off?

They like to play pretend doing things they don't have the guts to do for real

id rather be shot by a paintball than a bullet. speedballers dress like power rangers and hide behind bounce house towers. milsimmers dress in camo and hide in the woods. i dont see why you can complain.

Idk man I've seen some milsimmers weigh 600 pounds go through the woods with their mag fed rap4s screaming "contact front!!!" in their navy blue NWU uniforms lol

There's a difference between woodsballer and milsimmer

thats not milsim, thats garage occupying CoD wannabe. or airsoft. either one works.

If you ever played an airsoft Milsim event there way more structured than paintball ones and some times way longer look up NightFall or Operation Eastwind Way more organization

Also I hate when my loader goes down in the middle of a game and I have to hand load my goddamn marker crap ass loader
Also when my Etek starts breaking paint for no apparent reason

Edited by aj619, 13 April 2013 - 02:36 AM.

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#115 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

People who have a nice gun, and then own a gravity hopper :( . People who shoot you from less than 15 feet. And dead batteries.

So you hate bunkering?
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#116 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

thats not milsim, thats garage occupying CoD wannabe. or airsoft. either one works.

Yes that is milsim. Military Simulation.
Woodsball is paintball in the woods. Milsim is playing war in the woods using either airsoft guns or paintball markers that look like guns.

MilSim is an abbreviation of Military Simulation, and refers to military simulations conducted by civilians for entertainment purposes. There are several forms of MilSim: airsoft games, paintball games, and video games simulating military scenarios and tactics.

Weapons used in MilSim are commonly airsoft or paintball guns. Airsoft guns are used more often in MilSim than paintball guns due to their availability as replica weapons without any modification.

However, in real-world military and law enforcement training environments, airsoft equipment is favored almost exclusively over paintball counterparts. Primary factors for the use of airsoft equipment includes the realistic audible report, the ease of use and reliability of airsoft guns and realistic magazine sizes and more realistic gun models. Modern airsoft guns, especially those designed with milsim in mind, can support the full range of tactical upgrades using standard weaver sight rails and RIS rails, which accommodate everything from Red Dot Sights, Lasers, foregrips to pressure activated tactical flashlights.

MilSim most often falls into two different categories: reenactment and simulation. Reenactments focus on a particular event in history and aim to provide the most accurate representation of the time period, events and outcomes of the historical event. Simulation however may only focus on a particular time period and representation of which course a particular situation may have taken in history. In most cases a simulation event includes fictitious characters, groups and political situations.[1]

Sauce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MilSim

#117 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

most people i know that are in or were in, wont touch milsim gear... after having to hump hundreds of pounds of almost useless gear through the desert for how ever many number of deployments or training exercises, you just want to have the lightest, tightest gear and set up for a hobby... most of the guys and gals i know that are vets and play paintball usually play woodsball, wear camoish type clothing, but play with high end toruny guns, becuse they are lighter and tend to perform better...

being someone who was in, it really pisses me off when i see some asshole weaing military rank they didnt earn, patches form units they were not in, or the improper wear of the uniform period... my personal though, if you didnt ear the uniform by graduating from basic, then you should be able to purchase a uniform thats in active use in the military... but, thatsnot the case... i've ripped a few civilians new assholes for wearing rank and patches they didnt earn, even got one douche wearing SF tab and patch removed from the field becuase they refused to take off the tab... its highly disrespectful to those that did the actual work to earn the right to wear that tab....

but, there is a diference between a milsimer and someone wearing rank and patch... if you want to put a team patch and name tape on your useless ACU's, then go for it... i, and many other vets, will jsut laugh at you quietly at how dumb you look wearing a failed camo pattern... but, if you you like the look of the gear, and the guns and such, thats cool, i have nothing against it.... but give me an order in a military like fashion and be prepared for either friendly or a good old fuck you...

Would it be okay if I wore Multicam with no patches, save a name tape with my name, as long as I wore it properly and didn't disrespect the uniform?

Because I myself being someone who holds the military at the top of the "to respect" list, hate to see people wearing unit patches and ranks. I would never do such a thing myself, but have seen multiple people at my field do so.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#118 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well camo is camo, regardless of use. Ive seen people use it when hunting. Ive also seen it used in paintball because they believe it works. Patches are disrespectful, but id say that one thats like your scenario team or something is fine, and a name tag is obviously acceptable.

Well camo is camo, regardless of use. Ive seen people use it when hunting. Ive also seen it used in paintball because they believe it works. Patches are disrespectful, but id say that one thats like your scenario team or something is fine, and a name tag is obviously acceptable.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#119 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

it is actually against federal regulation to wear rank and patches that you are not entitled to from cops, firefighters, military, or any federal, state or local agency. while most people will just ask you to take it off, there have been some major stolen valor cases because of people missrepresenting themselves as military heros and such...

as for camo, sure, wear what you want, jsut make sure you are not wearing any currant or former active military patches, rank, tabs, or awards... but tabs i mean Ranger, Special Forces, Airborne, Mountain, Sapper... they are identifier tabs that you earn by completing the schools, or being assigned to a Mountain Infantry unit or Airborne unit
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#120 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

it is actually against federal regulation to wear rank and patches that you are not entitled to from cops, firefighters, military, or any federal, state or local agency. while most people will just ask you to take it off, there have been some major stolen valor cases because of people missrepresenting themselves as military heros and such...

as for camo, sure, wear what you want, jsut make sure you are not wearing any currant or former active military patches, rank, tabs, or awards... but tabs i mean Ranger, Special Forces, Airborne, Mountain, Sapper... they are identifier tabs that you earn by completing the schools, or being assigned to a Mountain Infantry unit or Airborne unit

Quick question about the military, as someone who wishes to join the Navy, can I still take the Sapper course even though its an army school?

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#121 Manch Vegas Baller

Manch Vegas Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Breaking paint in a brand new $1,000 GUN! :/ V2 is so sexy yet paint got kaboom

Current set up
Gun:LE PDD Axe
Loader:V3 Rotor
Tank:Ninja 45/45
Axe FS/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222591

#122 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Quick question about the military, as someone who wishes to join the Navy, can I still take the Sapper course even though its an army school?

only certain jobs and special forces really get to cross train with other branches, unless its on a big unit scale... like using the air force to fly in a mach unit for a major training program... navy EOD has their over version of sapper school... army sapper school is for army EOD...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#123 jacobts2013

jacobts2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Milsimers

Posted Image

id rather be shot by a paintball than a bullet. speedballers dress like power rangers and hide behind bounce house towers. milsimmers dress in camo and hide in the woods. i dont see why you can complain.

Idk man I've seen some milsimmers weigh 600 pounds go through the woods with their mag fed rap4s screaming "contact front!!!" in their navy blue NWU uniforms lol

If you see someone wearing any kind if NWU, whether it be the blue, forest, or desert pattern you should tell them that they can not wear it. It is against Navy code for even a sailor to wear his NWUs in public. And technically the public should not even be allowed to buy NWUs. (Not saying I don't own a full set myself)

they are probably rothco repros, not legit nwus.

I'll look those up. However I have a legit pair of Navy issue NWUs, so it's fairly easy to get the real deal.

Where are you getting yours?!? As cadets, we have a hard time getting them issued! Plus it's plain stupid to wear that while playing paintball, offers no advantage to the wearer.

#124 jacobts2013

jacobts2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

What I find to be disrespectful is when people straight up act like they are some bad ass killer commando and act like they have served and know what it's like to really be in a "kill or be killed" situation. I myself am a cadet, this is by no means the military. I am there to learn and make myself a more favorable recruit. My plans are to enlist when I'm old enough (next month) in the Navy. My dream is to be an FMF Corpsman and I will do all I can to make that happen. I give my cadets hell when I hear them on their whole "I wana be a Navy SEAL" trip. My father was a Ranger for 18 years and was discharged after nerve damage. Although I am not currently serving in the military, I still get pissed when I see someone who has never done anything close to what real SF do, acting like they know the ins and outs of how it all works.

#125 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Milsimers

Posted Image

If you see someone wearing any kind if NWU, whether it be the blue, forest, or desert pattern you should tell them that they can not wear it. It is against Navy code for even a sailor to wear his NWUs in public. And technically the public should not even be allowed to buy NWUs. (Not saying I don't own a full set myself)

they are probably rothco repros, not legit nwus.

I'll look those up. However I have a legit pair of Navy issue NWUs, so it's fairly easy to get the real deal.

Where are you getting yours?!? As cadets, we have a hard time getting them issued! Plus it's plain stupid to wear that while playing paintball, offers no advantage to the wearer.

The reason I have them is because I collect military uniforms. I got mine on EBay. And my friends Cadet unit has NWUs, not sure why you don't.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#126 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

plus, who needs camo when out on the ocean... when said camo blends into the water... seems counterproductive since the only time a squid would be wearing said uniform in the water is if they fall overboard...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#127 jacobts2013

jacobts2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

The reason I have them is because I collect military uniforms. I got mine on EBay. And my friends Cadet unit has NWUs, not sure why you don't.
[/quote]
Got 60% of our funding from the Navy cut. We have them, but not in good supply and they take months to come in

#128 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

plus, who needs camo when out on the ocean... when said camo blends into the water... seems counterproductive since the only time a squid would be wearing said uniform in the water is if they fall overboard...

First time I saw the pattern I had the exact thought. However it does look sexy as hell.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users