• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Blitzguy

Blitzguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'm going into My first tournament at Lonewolf Paintball http://lonewolfpaintball.com
I need advice, 2 friends and I have been going to paintball for about a year now, but they only went 3-5 times. I've gone over 14 times. I just want to know what to expect because its a Rookie Tournament.

#2 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

A decently easy time time, at least compared to novice or amatuer. Your team will make mistakes, the opposing team will make mistakes. Use it for the learning experience it's supposed to be.

Edited by dosh, 07 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#3 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

The only tip I can give you that would make a difference is that you should keep your gun up, and if you're a back player to keep shooting. Helped me in my first tournment, in fact it was an life saver
109.gif

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

+1 on everything said so far.

Also:
-Communicate, let your team know where the other team is
-Head up off the break, this allows you to see what bunkers the opposing team takes off the break so you actually have something to communicate
-Stay calm, think it through. In 3-man you cannot throw away a body so be methodical and careful and stay alive

#5 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

It looks like the tournament allows D4 players, so you will probably have a tough time. This is actually good. Watch what the teams you will face do, and more importantly, why they do what they do.

Like BurningPlaydoh said, communication is one of the hardest things to work on for some people, but also one of the most useful.
Field awareness is half the game. If you know where your teammates are and are watching, and you know where your enemies are and what they are watching, you have an invaluable leg up.
And once again, like Playdoh said a huge part of 3-man is staying alive. There will be more pressure on you as an individual than 5 or 7 man. If one of you does get eliminated, make sure the enemy cannot take advantage of that.

Most importantly, have fun. If you aren't enjoying the tournament, you probably won't learn anything.

I love you.

#6 Paintball junky

Paintball junky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

everyone so far has given great advice, just make sure you talk a lot during the game and make sure your back player keeps up, other than that you just need to get out there and try new strategys, its your team and the more you play with them the more you will learn. Have fun out there!
Posted Image

#7 Youngster

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

good communication is a must have in 3 man

The Ref Starts The Game, I End it.

#8 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

I am not a tournament person at all, and in fact have only played rec speedball a handfull of times, but I would say above all, remember it is a beginner tournament, and you are a beginner team. Things WILL go wrong, but try to learn from it, and laugh about it after the game. Don't go home angry because you got eliminated in the first round, it could happen.

Enjoy it for the hobby it is. Secondly, communication is HUGE. Always be yelling to your team mates, or listening to the info they are yelling to you. Third, maybe discuss the pros and cons of each game afterwards. What do you need to improve on individually, and as a team?

#9 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Oh I almosy forgot. Call your G's that is very important, you don't want someone going to bunk s1 when he's out.
109.gif

#10 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Don't ration paint your opponent won't ration paint

#11 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Disregard.

Edited by Lime, 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

I love you.

#12 Aplegends pb

Aplegends pb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ok so me and my 3 man team r going to the same tournament and 4 others....... We r really trying to get practice but it is hard. Communication is not our best subject. Wool if anybody has any advice it would be very much appreciated. We r also looking for ways to make money for paintball too.

#13 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Ok so me and my 3 man team r going to the same tournament and 4 others....... We r really trying to get practice but it is hard. Communication is not our best subject. Wool if anybody has any advice it would be very much appreciated. We r also looking for ways to make money for paintball too.

Practice with teams that are above your division. You will get beat up, but you will also get better faster because the bar is higher. Ask them if you can join in running drills and for critique on how you are performing. The key here is to not slow their practice down.

Edited by dosh, 09 April 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#14 Aplegends pb

Aplegends pb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Ok thanks we will
Very much appreciated.

#15 yes ill bunker you

yes ill bunker you

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm going into My first tournament at Lonewolf Paintball http://lonewolfpaintball.com
I need advice, 2 friends and I have been going to paintball for about a year now, but they only went 3-5 times. I've gone over 14 times. I just want to know what to expect because its a Rookie Tournament.

Hey, Im from michigan also. When's the tournament I wanna get in on it. And is it lone wolf east? Also if one of your players back out ide love to play. I got an ego 11 and have been playing for 4 years

#16 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Communication, like what people said. Make sure you have a good time and make sure you learn. You are not going to win, not trying to be a downer but you seriously are not going to win. No one wins their first tournament, it's fine. Just make sure you learn from this and keep on playing.

#17 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Iv coached d2 and ill say the same thing I tell them don't ever stop communicating and go out there with a plan

Also need to watch other teems watch where they like to go off the brake so you have some idea what to expect

keep in mind with such little experience chances are your not going to place high but do not let that keep you down learn from your mistakes and

But number one thing is to go out there and have fun no mater the outcome
Ironmen Timmy for sale
http://www.techpb.co...9

#18 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

go out there with a plan

watch other teems watch where they like to go off the break so you have some idea what to expect

go out there and have fun

i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but get there a little early, and walk the field(s). check the angles of vulnerability at each bunker, as well as which bunkers you have a distinct advantage over. check to see how far it is between certain bunkers for defensive as well as offensive decision making

always "guns up" at the break and lane the two outside corner bunkers.

have fun and make some friends

don't forget to hang the flag .... :)

Edited by stinkfingr, 20 April 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#19 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

- Go out there and have fun. It's your first tournament so just go and get a feel for the style of play.
- Communicate a lot
- Walk the field before hand
- Use paint as a team rather than for a single player. Buy paint for all to use, it'll be cheaper than buying a case per person.
- Don't get discouraged on losses, and mistakes it's your first time and you'll learn from them
- HAVE FUN

#20 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

When in doubt yell fuck it cuz yolo and go bunker some kids. Have fun out there first and foremost.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users