2 replies to this topic

#1 Shellsinc

Shellsinc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hey Tech PB!
So I am currently a sophomore in college (Grace College a small private school in northern Indiana) and would like to start a club team here. Now, I have played paintball for a good 8 years or so but have never gotten to play in any tournaments, (mostly because my friends in high school were lazy) but I would like to put a team together and get out and play. Now I have no Idea where to start. So my questions are these:

Once I get a team together what level of tournaments should we play?
How does sponsorship work?

Those should get the ball rolling. And any other advice I'll gladly take!
Thanks guys.

-ShellsInc

#2 SimplyDunham

SimplyDunham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Here is what I know. Its hard to get the ball rolling with the school in the beginning odds are that the school board wont give you even the smallest amount of funding right off the bat. Your best bet is to start it on your own then after playing as a team for a while take it to the school. Just find some people that you can play with that are from the same school. Go as often as you can and play, get as many students involved in your off the record team as you can. As for tournaments you should start at the beginner level that most tournaments have. I believe that sometimes the entry level is mixed with D4 level players so it can be tough. Once you have what you feel is a solid team of players you can try to find a tournament that gels with your schedule and that is affordable.

After you have a solid team and maybe a little tournament experience under your belt you can bring it to the school. The only reason I say to start it on your own first is that usually the school will shut you down for any amount of money if you don't already have any building blocks in place. This is just my .02 cents, and this is the way that I would go about it. Mike has a video on this on his channel I believe, prob worth checking out. Good luck.

#3 Shellsinc

Shellsinc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Ok thanks man I appreciate the input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users