junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

So i'm sure you've all wanted this at least once
A HUD in your goggles
http://random-stuff-...10-summary.html <-- this guy did it with some ski goggles by glueing a myvu into them. He's got it hooked to a Rasberry Pi (which is a cheap SOC linux box) to stream data to them. The GPS addition is an impressive idea though not needed, would be very cool for woodsball games though. Scan in the map beforehand and have the unit display your location on it.
One could tap into an FR enabled board to display shots fired and use a calculation based on a known efficiency to estimate number of shots left. You could implement a game timer too and hell even a rearward facing camera so you can literally watch your back.

I'm a little tempted to try it out, MyVu have an analog input so you could do a simple rig with a rearward facing camera only and see how it works out!
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

This idea I like it do it now

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Would need a mask with a rather large lens. And I think it would be better if the images were projected onto the lens like the new f-35 HUD.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users