15 replies to this topic

#1 urockalex

urockalex

Nobody got time fo dat!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

So I didn't know if I should get the extcy or save more and get the etek 4. Could u explain why one is better than the other. Thanks. NOTE-THIS WILL BE MY LAST VS THREAD COMPARING THE GOG TO OTHER GUNS. I'VE HAD A LOT OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT SO THIS WILL BE MY LAST COMPARING THE GOG-NOTE

#2 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Between the two etek all day everyday but the alien invasion or axe will probably serve you better

#3 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Any mid range gun will be more efficient than an extcy, softer on paint, have a better feedneck, construction, ergonomics, grips, trigger, ASA... The list goes on. Save up for a mid range if you have the option. You'll be way happier with it.

Personally I would steer you more towards the axe instead of an etek. Quieter, better trigger, and they shoot incredibly stock and even better when tuned.
Then there is also the alien invasion that everyone around here seems to like, but I've never even seen one in person so I can't tell you anything about it but from what I've heard it's really nice.
Edit: formatting

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 08 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Well forget saving for the etek4. Go with the axe or the Invasion at that point.
But out of those two? The etek.
For the value? Extcy.
Best gun to get if you're saving? Axe or Alien Invasion.
Yeah good you should stop its been getting prrtty annoying. You could have done just one thread.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 pb2332

pb2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

tell me whats wrong with the etek4.

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Kicky and loud as shit. Trigger is ehh. Whats really wrong with it is just that it cant compete with the axe or the invasion, with the axe being smoother and quieter than the etek, as well as having an excellent trigger, and the invasion is an independance, which is a high end marker, with less milling. Shoots like a bob long G6R, yet is priced at the same price as an axe or etek.

#7 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

tell me whats wrong with the etek4.

Not much, some here might say its loud as shit, but there overreacting. Yes, it is loud, but not that loud.
The trigger is fine btw, it just needs a bit of tuning out of the box. Not to mention the etek is more efficient then the Axe.
The axe shoots a bit smoother while the Etek has a little bit of kick(its not much kick at all)
The axe looks like it has been flattened by a steam roller then re-inflated it, the Etek looks sexy.(hey cosmetics matter)

Edited by Syrellaris, 09 April 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Its just not as good as the other guns. I actually like the look of the axe.

#9 pb2332

pb2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

that's your taste if you like the look of a steam rolled, re inflated gun. comparing triggers the etek 4 trigger is pretty good you can adjust it to the way you like so its not horrible at all. as for the loudness mine got a ton noticeably quieter after 200 shots don't know why but i am not complaining. theirs a little kick but its not like your shooting a real gun. overall i love my etek 4

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

Dont compare paintball to real guns. Ever.
The etek is still LOUDER and HAS MORE KICK than other paintball markers in its range. The etek, looking at it as a marker by itself, is fine to say the most, but when other markers such as the Axe, Invasion, or Drone DX are there for the same price, it really can't compete.

#11 pb2332

pb2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

i shoot mine today just to see how much kick their was while my brother shot it with one hand the barrel only rose by a very small amount so ill doubt it will make a difference. sorry for comparing it to a real gun but when people say it kicks like a mule its ridiculous. the only way to make the axe good is to upgrade everything on it. everything on the invasion is just plain. as for the drone i dont know too much about it.

#12 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

You are taking a gun for $250 and comparing it to a $450 one. The only weird thing is, I believe the Extcy would win. It is quieter, smoother, and nicer looking (IMO). If you could get an Invasion or an axe though, those would beat the etek and the extcy down.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

i shoot mine today just to see how much kick their was while my brother shot it with one hand the barrel only rose by a very small amount so ill doubt it will make a difference. sorry for comparing it to a real gun but when people say it kicks like a mule its ridiculous. the only way to make the axe good is to upgrade everything on it. everything on the invasion is just plain. as for the drone i dont know too much about it.

1. Your English gave me cancer.

2. You don't have to upgrade the Axe to make it good. It is perfect the way it is.

#14 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

1. Your English gave me cancer.2. You don't have to upgrade the Axe to make it good. It is perfect the way it is.

If you tune the axe correctly, it is perfect out of the box
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#15 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

i had a FX and liked it, I now own a Etek 4 and hate it. im selling it for a Drone.

#16 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Yeah completely forget the etek. At the price the axe or invasion blow it out of the water.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users