• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gremikins

Gremikins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

So my DM seems to have a leak in the LPR, I'm hoping that this is the last issue of many.

So here's what it's NOT:
1. Battery is fine
2. Tank is fine all other leaks seem to be stopped believe me I've tracked them down
3. All new O-rings now because some were beat to shit.

Basically air it up, there is an initial leak in the LPR, then you hear nothing feel nothing. The board says ready to fire. You pull the trigger and it puts out a small puff noise and then doesn't fire.

I was reading around and my only two ideas are to blue lock tight the screw that holds in the LPR, or replace the LPR In Line Regulator Seat. Which is only like a dollar plus shipping from dye.
My game plan was to do the regulator seat first since I don't want to locktight it right away only to have to pull the whole LPR out again to put in the Regulator Seat.

Anyone else got any ideas what might be going wrong? Help would be appreciated.

Edited by Gremikins, 11 April 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#2 Totes Magotes

Totes Magotes

Latress on the menjay.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

When my lpr was leaking it was because the oring was shredded on the lpr brass adjustment screw so if you haven't replaced that check it out.

I don't think it would be the hyper 3 reg seat but maybe the lpr seat so check that next.

Also how many turns out is your lpr?

Edited by Totes Magotes, 10 April 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#3 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

The main oring that seems to leak sometimes from the lpr is the one on the adjuster screw. Try that first.

Edited by cybermaniac15, 11 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#4 Gremikins

Gremikins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

In frustration I've replaced every o-ring in the entire marker. Especially the lpr, and I sincerely mean all of them they were in crappy shape so I assumed it was that, it feels like a good seal. I have some dental pick scars from the removal process.

I pardon my typo the regulator seat is the same for both lpr and hyper its call the lpr & hyper seat regulator and I did mean changing out the one in the lpr, I just failed at translating from my head onto the post.

I started the lpr at 2.5 turns out then also tried 3.5, 4, and 4.5. Also some told me to check the dwell and I've fiddled with that as well.

Edited by Gremikins, 11 April 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#5 Totes Magotes

Totes Magotes

Latress on the menjay.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

In frustration I've replaced every o-ring in the entire marker. Especially the lpr, and I sincerely mean all of them they were in crappy shape so I assumed it was that, it feels like a good seal. I have some dental pick scars from the removal process.

I pardon my typo the regulator seat is the same for both lpr and hyper its call the lpr & hyper seat regulator and I did mean changing out the one in the lpr, I just failed at translating from my head onto the post.

I started the lpr at 2.5 turns out then also tried 3.5, 4, and 4.5. Also some told me to check the dwell and I've fiddled with that as well.

Since you replaced every oring on your lpr the only possible sources I can think of from a leak in that area would be the ones you listed. First try changing the lpr seat and see if it does anything if not I believe the only other source of the leak would be the gas passage blocking screws under the bolt. You would need to remove them and apply blue loctite like you said. Then give it about half an hour or so to dry before you air it up.

As long as everything else is back to factory settings (lpr 2.5 turns out, dwell at 18, orings replaced and properly lubed, etc, etc) I think one of those two methods would have to fix that leak.

Edited by Totes Magotes, 11 April 2013 - 05:18 AM.

Posted Image

#6 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

On the bottom of the body there are 3 holes in the lpr area.the back one one holds the lpr housing in, the front is an air transfer hole and the middle is a screw that plugs it up. That middle screw needs thread sealant otherwise it will probably leak. If its not an O-ring, that's probably your leak

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)