84 replies to this topic

#1 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

In early October, I was challenged by a co-worker to lose 30 pounds by Christmas break (I work at a school). I made it my mission to prove that I could do it, and then keep up with it. For the first few weeks, I didn't weigh myself because I was scared to see how much I weighed. Over the first few weeks of watching what I was eating, I noticed my clothes fitting better. On October 22, I finally got on a scale and weighed in at 330. Since I didn't have a "real" starting weight for the beginning of October, I wanted to get down to 300 by break. I noticed the weight coming off steadily, made my goal and ended up losing over 35 by Christmas. Progress continued until I went on a weeks vacation to France. I don't know if you know, but France is pretty damn good at making pastries. Over the course of the 7 days, I gained 8 pounds, but was back to my pre-travel weight by the middle of the following week. After that, I was really into losing weight; daily workouts on the exercise bike, and just recently, I started running. Today, I weighed in at 240. My next, and possibly final (for now), goal is to get down to 220 by the time Living Legends starts. I wanted to be in an XL by then, but that was accomplished about a month ago. I plan on updating this thread every week or so.
Posted Image

September 22, Jan 9, and April 9

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,874 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Holy shit dude. That's awesome.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

#4 SimplyDunham

SimplyDunham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Good to see that you made a plan for yourself and followed it. :tup:

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Dude, you are killing it! Keep up the good work.

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

so fucking proud of you d00d!!!!

#7 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm thinking that Sunday nights are going to be my update time.

This week has been pretty good for the most part. There where 2 nights where I couldn't track all of my food, but , y weight has been steady. I also ran a sub 8:30 kile this week. I'm not sure I had ever done that before.

#8 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

That's awesome

#9 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

http://instagram.com/p/YSf1n9lR_U/

But, realize that's a deflated number. Post workout, pre-breakfast.

#10 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

It was a cold and rainy week, so I didn't get to run every night, but I did get out twice. One 3 mile run and one 4 mile run. I'm pretty impressed with myself for getting that far after only a couple weeks of running. 230 tonight. Tomorrow is exactly 6 months after I bought my scale. I was 330 the first time I weighed myself on October 22.

#11 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

my motto is think big get big

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#12 Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

How did you get started in terms of getting motivation?

#13 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

It was rwally one of the other teachers at work challenging everyone to lose weight. A lot of people were offended by it, but I took it personally. Then, after a few weeks of eating better, even without weighing my self, I was seeing results. Once you start to notice the changes, it gets so much easier to stay with. The craziest part for me is still lppkong back at how big I was. My mental inage of myself hasn't really changes that much, it's just accurate now.

#14 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Congrats man, looks like you're doing a phenomenal job. Any chance you're going to share your secret with us by your goal? Are you just running multiple miles every night and diet plan? Or just portion controls?

#15 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

The biggest part of it has been MyFitnessPal, honestly. You use it to track your calories. My diet has been around 1500-2000 and then work outs burning any where from 400 on easy days to 2000+ on hard days. My next step is to start lifting. (No, I don't even lift, bro) for my runs, ive been using the nike+ app. You can track you distance, longest runs, furthest runs, pace, fastest mile and it's free.

#16 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,874 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

MyFitnessPal FTW.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Holy shit, dude you are kicking ass. It's crazy, look at the first picture, and then the third. You don't even look like the same person. Keep it up! :tup:

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 25 April 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#18 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Around 229 (that's a legit weight this time, too. Post dinner) tonight before my nightly work out. I was down to 226-227 at one oint this week, but that was post morning work out, prebreakfast. I'm still hoping to be at 220 by legends. 9 pounds in 3 weeks isn't too terrible of a task, is it?

Edited by shutts67, 28 April 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#19 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

That's crazy fast, most people can't lose half that weight in that time. Keep it up!

#20 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

225 today. Running has gotten a lot easier, too. I'm waking up a half hour earlier than I used to so I have a chance to get in a quick mile, and I'm taking that opportunity a few times a week. Before long, I'll be running a mile and a half to 2 miles every morning before I even shower. 2 weeks til legends!!

Oh! I'm also fitting into a large now. Something I never thought I'd be able to say. Then again, I never thought I'd be under 300 or 265 or 230 or run a mile in less than 8 minutes.

#21 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

218 yesterday morning, more like 222 realistically. I really need to start lifting. I'm thinking I might try to get down to 205, just in case I need to fight at light heavy weight:-P

#22 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

no pain no gain! good job man!

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#23 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Bravo! Have you checked the Fit2Fat2Fit Youtube videos? Drew gains a ton of weight just to lose it after and show everyone how he does it. Defe a motivational one! https://www.youtube....ser/fit2fat2fit

Lowest price Paintball equipments

http://paintballgunsforsalenow.com

Over 2000 fans on Facebook:
https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage

#24 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

This weekend is going to be rough... Long days of work, greasy food, and I'm not going to want to work out. Oh well, no days off ;)

#25 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

I would just like to share, I ran a mile in 6:51 today. Fastest I have ever run a mile, ever. I think my best in high school was something along the lines of 8:40 maybe? Sub-seven. Awesome.

#26 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

This weekend was a LONG one! 30 plus hours of work from Friday to Sunday, I think I may have sat down for a total of 45 minutes during those 30 hours, too. I tried my best to not eat like crap, and I think I held steady. I still got a run in each day also, only about a mile each day, but I still got it in.

#27 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Keep the great work up man! Hope you get where you want to be! Motvation and determination,they are the two key things every one needs to get where they want in life.

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#28 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Mini update: I ran 6 miles this morning at pace of 8:25. Ten months ago, I probably wouldn't have been able to run a single mile let alone under 8:30. Also, I weighed in at 214. I know that's all water weight I lost this morning, but it's still crazy to see that number when I step onto the scale.

#29 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

nice job man. Which chicago field do you play at? just curious.

#30 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Wow, that's amazing. I've lost weight but what you have done is just amazing. And yeah, after awhile the running does get a lot easier.

#31 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

nice job man. Which chicago field do you play at? just curious.

I work the grill out at CPX, and I play there when ever I have the chance.

Wow, that's amazing. I've lost weight but what you have done is just amazing. And yeah, after awhile the running does get a lot easier.

Thanks man. I've gone 3+ miles each of the past 6 days.

#32 Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

It's pretty cool how the body quickly starts adapting to the longer runs once you give it the right fuels through your diet. :D Having you for inspiration I've noticed how quickly weight starts dropping once I've started feeding myself healthy foods. =)

#33 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

After seeing you get the progress and results that you are having,I have decided to change the way I live. By that I mean I'm wathcing everything I eat consantly,running this summer,going to work out alot more this summer instead of sit on my butt all day and post all day. My team we will be having a team practice very 2 weeks to endure we are fit. I'm staying away from tons of junk food,a little can't be too bad though. I use to drink energy drinks and powerade and eat constantly now it's going to change. I'm almost 14,5'11,male,and I wiehg in between 154-160 each day. My goal is to be at 130 by the end of summer break or have more wieght from muscle. Either way man you have inspired myself and others! :)

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#34 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

That's awesome to hear, man. As crazy as it sounds, "being an inspiration" to someone is pretty motivating. Last night, I was contemplating workout, then someone posted on my wall about how I was inspiring them to "get off their lazy butt" and reading that made up my mind to work out.

As for my update: It was a long and food filled weekend. I hung out with friends and over ate and over drank (to a lesser extent) both Sunday and Monday. Tuesday, I woke up ran 2 miles then went to work. Today, after I got home from work, I ran 5 miles and sweated out almost 5 pounds of water. It's gotten really hot here the past 2 days. I watered up, had dinner, watched the Hawks beat the Wings, and went out for another 3 miles. Weighed in at 215 when I got back from my night run. After watering back up, I'll be around 217. I also decided that I want to try and run 100 miles per month from now on. I've gone almost 87 in may. I plan on going 2 miles tomorrow morning, hopefully another 5 when I get back from work, then I will need to go for 6 on Friday. We'll see. If you want to run against me, I use Nike+ on my phone with shutts67 as my user name.

#35 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

[quote name='shutts67' timestamp='1369888304' post='3226537']
That's awesome to hear, man. As crazy as it sounds, "being an inspiration" to someone is pretty motivating. Last night, I was contemplating workout, then someone posted on my wall about how I was inspiring them to "get off their lazy butt" and reading that made up my mind to work out.
Alright man,well I od not have phone just a ipod with wifi built in lol. Same thing still text call etc. But this is the new work out I have all summer:Monday is run 1 mile,40 situps,80 jumping jacks,20 push ups. Wednesday:mile and a third,45 sit ups,100 jumping jacks,25 push ups..... Friday:Same as monday but I mow two lawns of grass and usually ride my bike a mile to two miles every time I go to my buddies which is almost every other day. Then paintball every two weeks. Sound good?

Edited by That one guy, 01 June 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#36 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Alright man,well I od not have phone just a ipod with wifi built in lol. Same thing still text call etc. But this is the new work out I have all summer:Monday is run 1 mile,40 situps,80 jumping jacks,20 push ups. Wednesday:mile and a third,45 sit ups,100 jumping jacks,25 push ups..... Friday:Same as monday but I mow two lawns of grass and usually ride my bike a mile to two miles every time I go to my buddies which is almost every other day. Then paintball every two weeks. Sound good?

What ever you need to do to get active. If you're at all like me, 1 mile will seem like nothing in NO TIME. I run every day, but that's not for everyone. I know Mike has said it over and over, but it's true: diet is the most important part of weight loss. If you eat like crap, it doesn't matter how much you work out, you're going to be in bad shape.

#37 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

I got my 100 miles in May. But this weekend was rough. Saturday night was my friend's bachelor party, and I ate like an ass. Rounding out the week right at 219-220. I'm going for 150 miles in June, already have 11 and a half miles.

#38 Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

What I've found to help is to start using a food journal in conjunction with a daily caloric intake limit that you set for yourself. Nothing too insane like less than 1000 calories as that basically forces your body to eat itself (i.e. muscles which you want to grow in lieu of fat. Source: physiology background at Northwestern). I have started setting it up so that I can max out around 1300 to 1500 calories so that a big guy like me (5'7", 220lb) can burn off the excess fat load on my body just by switching up into healthy eating. :tup: :lol: I lost 5 pounds in 7 days prior to implementing my workout regimen.

And yes, working out in conjunction with controlling and picking what you eat will work wonders.

Edited by Gingerbreadman, 05 June 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#39 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

I went from being in the 158-164 range to 151-153 now!!!

#40 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm hitting a plateau. Still sitting at 217-218. I should break through it this week though, as I have no parties coming up. It's crazy how you can work all week, then blow it in just a few hours. Other than that, I've been keeping up on my running. I ran 8 miles at a 9 minute pace on Friday, and my last mile was 8:35. I've gone 40 already in June.

#41 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

I plan on working out more last week was kind of a bust I was contantly busy . I'm down to 150 ish

#42 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Good week. I don't even know if "good" covers it. 211 before dinner tonight. I'm up to either 85 or 93 miles in June depending on if I look at my computer or my phone.

#43 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Pre-PSP update: I will be grilling out at CPX all day for the next 5 days, so I may not get to run. That means today needed to be a big day. I got out and ran 10.39 miles in 1:35:32. 9:11 per mile.That's not the fastest I've ran, but it is the longest I've been constantly active. I also sweated out about 7 pounds on that run, and weighed in at 205.6 when I got home. I'm going to bed right around 210 after re-hydrating and eating dinner. We'll see what this week brings. I should be sweating a lot standing in the sun in front of a hot ass grill.

EDIT: I just realized that the last day of PSP is exactly 8 months from when I started. I wonder if I can be a legit 125/deflated 130 down by then.

Edited by shutts67, 18 June 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#44 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Sweet man! We are both making some amazing progress! Update:Every Monday,Wendnesday,Friday and Sunday I do now 40 sit ups,20 push ups,lifting some assorted weights,running 2 miles(with some small weights (6 lb's),practcing boxing,100 jumping jacks. I'm losing weight a ton. Since the first post I made on here I went down A lot. I use to be aroun 157-164 each day now I'm sitting at around 151-154 sometimes 157. Thanks for the motivation man!

#45 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

I was about 208 every day after working this weekend. I don't know how I didn't lose any weight, I was sweating so much. I did skip running 3 of the last 4 days, but I also worked 60 hours Wednesday-Sunday and 74 total this week.

#46 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday I did not stick to my new eating life style, but I kicked ass running this week.  I broke 175 for June, and I'm finishing the week right around 210.  Back to normal eating this week.

#47 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

This is OUR motivation to keep going:http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MO_EMmxVY3k

Edited by That one guy, 01 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#48 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

I ran a half marathon today in 2:06:05. That is all.

#49 Skinny_ev

Skinny_ev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

OK so here is my problem i am at 290, i run (not all the time) play paintball and try to be active, but the weight isnt coming off. I dont eat the best but i have made a lot of changes to my eating habits. I have ran 4 5k's this year, i run twice a week but it stil wiegh around 285 to 290. Now my friends say it coming off but the scale isnt showing it. What do you guys think more running or do i need to refine my diet even more?

#50 That one guy

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Diet will help but I would not suggest that to you as it can do some pretty messed up things to your body. My best suggestion to you is to run more often usually takes off quite a bit of weight fast. My list includes the following every other Monday,wednesday and Friday is all abs type of workouts. Meaning tons of sit ups etc ya know. Tuesday,thursday are running,push ups,weight lifting etc. I have lost a little bit of weight but at the same rate gain weight do to my work out is ment to gain muscle not lose weight so the scale goes up not down for me.

But all I can say is set up a chart on what you want to do every other day etc and play with a little bit and see what best fits you. Running a mile or two a day would work for you as since you say it's not changing that much. You have to keep in mind though that we all have muscle,water,body fat,bone etc weight.At the end of the day if you are 5-10 pounds heavier than you were at the begginng of the day it's casual it's water weight.

When the AirForce marathon comes up by me I will also be running the full thing.

Edited by That one guy, 07 July 2013 - 10:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users