• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I want to hear from some college paintballers. What is the commitment level for college paintball and does the college fund the team?

#2 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Depends on the place. I'm a student at Florida, playing with our team this semester/season. Commitment level is pretty low, we've only had one 'mandatory' practice and even then, we were missing two guys out of ten. Pretty frustrating honestly. The only upside is that it when it's your turn to have your schedule get in the way, it's kind of ok, but we don't get enough practices together to really have cohesive team concepts or work on drills as a group. And we're mostly like that just because at UF, everybody's a genius at whatever they're majoring in AND everyone has a monster social life, and - this is most of my problem - our NCAA sports are basically all national title contenders every year and I go to just about every game in everything, so paintball every weekend isn't really feasible for me or anyone else here.

That said, just a little south of us is FGCU, and those guys are pretty hardcore. They practice all the time, they're almost all in great shape, and they're pretty heavily sponsored by Dye, though that's partly because a bunch of them work for Dye at events. Every time we've scrimmed them I've been impressed, all their players have great form, athleticism, understanding of the game, and they're professional-acting people who aren't jerks to anyone (except maybe each other when they lose a point lol). Those dudes take paintball about as seriously as anyone I've seen except D2 teams and above, and they do it the right way.

Short version- depends on the school. From what I understand, most colleges don't even have teams, and the ones that do aren't well organized.

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users