Photo

proto matrix rail vs empire axe vs dp fx vs etek 4 lt

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: proto matrix rail vs empire axe vs dp fx vs etek 4 lt (37 member(s) have cast votes)

proto reflex rail vs empire axe vs dp fx vs etek 4 lt vs alien invasion

1. proto reflex rail (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

2. empire axe (17 votes [45.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.95%

3. dp fx (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

4. etek 4 lt (6 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

5. alien invasion (8 votes [21.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

im looking for a reliable, efficient, smooth, easy to maintain marker with good customer service and under $500
i would also like if the marker came with goodies (lube, tools, manual, ect)

Edited by zanedabeast, 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#2 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

out of your list, axe. but i would also look at the alien invasion.
and for 500 you could easily find a great supergun used

#3 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

out of your list, axe. but i would also look at the alien invasion.
and for 500 you could easily find a great supergun used

i was really looking for something new, and ive heard of the invasion but i really dont know the company well

#4 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

they may not be as popular as dye, empire, pe, ect. but they will have your back. plus in that price range the axe and invasion blow away any other marker away. and why not used?

#5 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

In that price they're all pretty good but the axe just best of them in my opinion. I've heard good things about the invasion I just don't trust companies as small as alien. Plus I've never seen a single alien product at any of the fields I've been to.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#6 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

In that price they're all pretty good but the axe just best of them in my opinion. I've heard good things about the invasion I just don't trust companies as small as alien. Plus I've never seen a single alien product at any of the fields I've been to.

Your mistrust is valid.

I'M NOT KNOCKING ON ALIEN OR THE INVASION JUST HEAR ME OUT FOR A SECOND

I truly believe that Alien has a bright future ahead of it, and they put out damn good products. However, if for some reason the market takes a crap again they will MIGHT not survive because they are small. That is in no way for certain, they might have economic geniuses in their ranks that could pull them through. IF that happens (very big if and I sure as hell hope it doesn't), Alien owners will be in some serious trouble. If Alien were to fail, there would be no company to fall back to. It more than likely wouldn't be like when Smart Parts went under and got replaced soon after by Gog. Some company might buy up the patents, but that doesn't mean that they would pick production of the gun back up immediately.

Again, I'm not saying that Alien is going down any time soon or they shouldn't be trusted. They make really really good guns and back them up well. This is just the problem with small companies. If times get hard, they get REALLY hard for smaller brands.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Its just lack of advertising and the fact they have little to offer to the market save for excellent guns. I dont see whats wrong with not trusting small companies in paintball. If they didnt make good products, then they would die out. They make good guns and Rice backs his products to a great extent.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Its just lack of advertising and the fact they have little to offer to the market save for excellent guns. I dont see whats wrong with not trusting small companies in paintball. If they didnt make good products, then they would die out. They make good guns and Rice backs his products to a great extent.

Like I said, they do make good products and that's exactly why they're gaining popularity. I'm just saying if the market takes a turn for the worst (we aren't exactly out of the woods yet with the economy) the smaller companies will feel the most pressure. It's not a real reason to turn away from alien, but if the market were to start looking like it was going to repeat what happened in 09 it would make buying from smaller companies less of a good idea due to the possibility of losing support.

On the other hand, a small company is also a good thing. Smaller companies need every customer they get, so if they don't treat their customers well it will directly affect their sales. Alien is a good example of this. They know they need their customers, so they don't screw the buyers over.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

It is REALLY hard to beat the Axe for the price unless you go used.

#10 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

It is REALLY hard to beat the Axe for the price unless you go used.

I was about to put a confused reply here as to what beat the axe out when buying one used, but then I realized you were referring to used superguns so now this reply is kinda rambling.

But yeah, this guy ^ nailed it on the head. In this price range the axe is ahead of mostly everything except the invasion unless you open up to buying a used supergun.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Like I said, they do make good products and that's exactly why they're gaining popularity. I'm just saying if the market takes a turn for the worst (we aren't exactly out of the woods yet with the economy) the smaller companies will feel the most pressure. It's not a real reason to turn away from alien, but if the market were to start looking like it was going to repeat what happened in 09 it would make buying from smaller companies less of a good idea due to the possibility of losing support.

On the other hand, a small company is also a good thing. Smaller companies need every customer they get, so if they don't treat their customers well it will directly affect their sales. Alien is a good example of this. They know they need their customers, so they don't screw the buyers over.

But Kee...they do both. B)
But no I get you, it's just that I don't think that it was the fact the economy may temporarily fail that turned the guy off, I think it was more of a "I don't want to buy from a place I've never heard of because I can't trust it." which is bogus in today's paintball industry.

#12 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

But Kee...they do both. B)
But no I get you, it's just that I don't think that it was the fact the economy may temporarily fail that turned the guy off, I think it was more of a "I don't want to buy from a place I've never heard of because I can't trust it." which is bogus in today's paintball industry.

Kee is my master, I am their slave <3 why else would I impulse buy an eflex today? Aside from the fact that its one of the most comfortable masks I've ever worn....

Back on track: I by no means meant that alien shouldn't be trusted. I was just pointing out a basic element of smaller companies. But you are right, not trusting a company because you haven't heard of it is dumb. If they build a good reputation around the paintball world they are doing something right. Then comes into play the argument that you're taking advice from people you've never met and blah blah blah Internet is satan blah blah. But that is an equally dumb argument

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#13 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Your mistrust is valid.

I truly believe that Alien has a bright future ahead of it, and they put out damn good products. However, if for some reason the market takes a crap again they will MIGHT not survive because they are small. That is in no way for certain, they might have economic geniuses in their ranks that could pull them through. IF that happens (very big if and I sure as hell hope it doesn't), Alien owners will be in some serious trouble. If Alien were to fail, there would be no company to fall back to. It more than likely wouldn't be like when Smart Parts went under and got replaced soon after by Gog. Some company might buy up the patents, but that doesn't mean that they would pick production of the gun back up immediately.

Again, I'm not saying that Alien is going down any time soon or they shouldn't be trusted. They make really really good guns and back them up well. This is just the problem with small companies. If times get hard, they get REALLY hard for smaller brands.

I guarantee you in an economic slump alien isnt going to fail. It didn't fail this time, it won't fail another time. Yes it's a small company, but have you ever heard the phrase, the higher you are the longer you'll fall?
They make darn good guns for the price, which means in an economic slump, people want the most for their money which is what alien is going to give them.
Also, this is paintball. People are still going to play whether we are in a slump or not. Smart Parts went under because they sued people out of the butt hole, not because of the economy.
I would say in an economic slump, small companies like alien, are the least of your worries. They have a small amount of employees to pay. (I'm pretty sure its just Jack and Scott, and they are family). I am guessing Jack and Scott both have a savings account to dip into in a time of need. And I am sure the company has quite a bit of money too.
So in summary, Alien would be the least of your worries because the fact that it is a small company with a small number of employees.

2011 Alien Independence, V2 Creed, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#14 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

IF you can get to your proshop, and hold some of them.

It really doesn't matter that this gun weighs 3lbs and this one weighs 2.14(oz)lbs. Most of ALL smoothness with a marker comes from the comfortably the user has with his marker. Hell I'm a ton more comfortable with my MVP then I ever was with most traditional markers... Even with a pump gun I get more confirmed hits with 1 balling each shot then I did spraying 15bps with an electro.

Hell there are still people rocking guns from a Decade ago, why? It's because they feel like this is the most comfortable set up. DO NOT Buy into this garbage of "The Axe is better because the trigger is better" That's nonsense, some people(no idea why) feel more comfortable with a Dye Trigger then a luxe trigger.

You really need to hold them, and strap a different bottle to each one, like a 45/4500, a 68/4500, 50/4500 etc... Then you will have a really nice smooth set-up for yourself.

#15 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Your mistrust is valid.

I guarantee you in an economic slump alien isnt going to fail. It didn't fail this time, it won't fail another time. Yes it's a small company, but have you ever heard the phrase, the higher you are the longer you'll fall?
They make darn good guns for the price, which means in an economic slump, people want the most for their money which is what alien is going to give them.
Also, this is paintball. People are still going to play whether we are in a slump or not. Smart Parts went under because they sued people out of the butt hole, not because of the economy.
I would say in an economic slump, small companies like alien, are the least of your worries. They have a small amount of employees to pay. (I'm pretty sure its just Jack and Scott, and they are family). I am guessing Jack and Scott both have a savings account to dip into in a time of need. And I am sure the company has quite a bit of money too.
So in summary, Alien would be the least of your worries because the fact that it is a small company with a small number of employees.

Good point. I didn't know that Alien was a family company, so that makes it a bit different. In cases like that the owners are a lot more committed to their companies, so they won't panic and bail out of the industry when the going gets tough. Again, that was nothing against Alien. I have no gripes with the company and they are doing really well and growing in popularity. I was just going off of the basic premise that when companies need to start making cuts, smaller companies have the least amount of room to do so.

Smart parts did some really shitty business towards the end of their lifespan. That ranged from making their boards unmodifiable and not replaceable to trying to sue everyone that had an electronic marker for sale. It all came together to end up in their demise. Ownership of patents is a big part of making profits in business, but smart parts went about it the wrong way by trying to stick it to everybody. Now Kee has a large amount of modern patents, but they aren't trying to suffocate every other company in the business by owning them. If Kee wound up trying to squeeze every dollar it could out of the industry before disappearing in the next economic downturn, I would be very sad. However they aren't doing shady things like SP did before it died, so hopefully that won't happen.

#16 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Your mistrust is valid.

Good point. I didn't know that Alien was a family company, so that makes it a bit different. In cases like that the owners are a lot more committed to their companies, so they won't panic and bail out of the industry when the going gets tough. Again, that was nothing against Alien. I have no gripes with the company and they are doing really well and growing in popularity. I was just going off of the basic premise that when companies need to start making cuts, smaller companies have the least amount of room to do so.

Smart parts did some really shitty business towards the end of their lifespan. That ranged from making their boards unmodifiable and not replaceable to trying to sue everyone that had an electronic marker for sale. It all came together to end up in their demise. Ownership of patents is a big part of making profits in business, but smart parts went about it the wrong way by trying to stick it to everybody. Now Kee has a large amount of modern patents, but they aren't trying to suffocate every other company in the business by owning them. If Kee wound up trying to squeeze every dollar it could out of the industry before disappearing in the next economic downturn, I would be very sad. However they aren't doing shady things like SP did before it died, so hopefully that won't happen.

I know you weren't having any gripes against Alien, I just wanted you to understand what Alien was. They are a dedicated company. Posted Image

#17 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well thank you for the input. Like many others I am still learning about Alien. From what I've seen, I really like them

#18 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well thank you for the input. Like many others I am still learning about Alien. From what I've seen, I really like them

I really don't know of a single person that doesn't like them haha

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

I will like them when they have a legitimate, scientific test of the sweep bolt or stop making claims of improved accuracy/range. Its not that I don't believe the system can work, I just want to see it proven before having them say it does.

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I will like them when they have a legitimate, scientific test of the sweep bolt or stop making claims of improved accuracy/range. Its not that I don't believe the system can work, I just want to see it proven before having them say it does.

Irregardless-yes I will use that word- it's still a great shooter, despite these claims.

#21 MinnesotaPaintballer

MinnesotaPaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

I voted for the fx. Only because I want one.

#22 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

^ why?

#23 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

I honestly don't like the axe trigger. I find the reflex's is way better. I also like the reflex for a lot more reasons just saying.

Ohio Raiders 

#24 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Irregardless-yes I will use that word- it's still a great shooter, despite these claims.

Yes they are great shooters for the price. As far as the sweep bolt. Jack said it may give you slightly better groupings and slightly better range. He never claimed anything to be drastic. He made a video showing the sweep bolt vs a normal bolt. I don't know how much more of a practical test you can do.
As far as not liking the company just because of the bolt? That is ignorant I think. Aliens are incredible shooter for the price, regardless if whether or not the sweep bolt actually does anything. I doubt anyone buys it for the bolt. Thats just a small thing that makes the gun an Alien.

#25 MinnesotaPaintballer

MinnesotaPaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

^ why?

I like the design, the way it looks, some of its features... it's just the gun I like.

#26 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

IF you can get to your proshop, and hold some of them.

It really doesn't matter that this gun weighs 3lbs and this one weighs 2.14(oz)lbs. Most of ALL smoothness with a marker comes from the comfortably the user has with his marker. Hell I'm a ton more comfortable with my MVP then I ever was with most traditional markers... Even with a pump gun I get more confirmed hits with 1 balling each shot then I did spraying 15bps with an electro.

Hell there are still people rocking guns from a Decade ago, why? It's because they feel like this is the most comfortable set up. DO NOT Buy into this garbage of "The Axe is better because the trigger is better" That's nonsense, some people(no idea why) feel more comfortable with a Dye Trigger then a luxe trigger.

You really need to hold them, and strap a different bottle to each one, like a 45/4500, a 68/4500, 50/4500 etc... Then you will have a really nice smooth set-up for yourself.

i wasn't planing on buying a new tank, its either i get a $500 gun and keep my 3000 psi or i buy something not as good and get a $100+ 4500 tank

#27 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

also for the invasion i respect the company but i just don't think its a gun a would like, just the look of the marker kinda turns me off, it just doesn't have the looks, and for me that is a factor when buying a gun, i just cant imagine myself having that gun

#28 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

also for the invasion i respect the company but i just don't think its a gun a would like, just the look of the marker kinda turns me off, it just doesn't have the looks, and for me that is a factor when buying a gun, i just cant imagine myself having that gun

It looks simple and sleek, and it's damn unique on the field. Maybe that can justify the purchase. Obviously performance>looks, but as a looks whore, I agree completely.

#29 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

yeah for me it just looked kinda blockey and dull, not a lot of cuts in it, just plain

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

yeah for me it just looked kinda blockey and dull, not a lot of cuts in it, just plain

Look at the Luxe. The Alien used to have nice cuts and whatnot, and Jack Rice basically took off fancy milling and the price went from $1050 to $500 for the Invasion.

#31 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

the luxe board talks in a sexy British accent, you cant compare to that

Edited by zanedabeast, 15 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#32 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Oh god I know. But a $1000 difference between the two? Just...don't worry man. The alien will get attention and looks. It's a great gun, and will shoot better than any gun new in the mid range.

#33 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

also just putting this out there, what are your guys view on the etek or the rail, there hasn't been a lot of feedback about those two

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

also just putting this out there, what are your guys view on the etek or the rail, there hasn't been a lot of feedback about those two

Rail is nice I guess, but to me I always would overlook it for the Axe or the Invasion.
Eteks are trash, only because they are loud and kicky as hell. Not worth it when the Axe or Invasion is out there.

#35 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Oh god I know. But a $1000 difference between the two? Just...don't worry man. The alien will get attention and looks. It's a great gun, and will shoot better than any gun new in the mid range.

just for you i added the alien to the poll ;)

#36 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I can't say anything about the rail but the etek will be the most reliable and best packaged in this price range but at the cost of shot quality. It's loud as fuck and kicks like all hell compared to the rest. I will say I hate dye/proto guns. But that's just me.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#37 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

There is now a statistical answer bias in your results, which makes your results irrelevant, because the people who answered did not have the choice of the Invasion beforehand, and new answerers now do. This will lead to a definite 95%-99% chance of a Type 2 Probability Proportion error, where you will accept a false alternate hypothesis, or a Type one Probability Proportion error, where you will reject a true alternate hypothesis, depending on what you consider to be your alternate hypothesis.

For me, it's that the Alien is better than the other markers offered for the population, which, if it does not get enough votes, which, based on a 95% confidence interval, will mean that the probability proportion will be smaller than alpha, leading you to reject the hypothesis that the Alien is better, despite the fact that it is.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 15 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#38 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

My advice is, buy something like a Crossover, and grab yourself a 68/4500 or a 50/4500(which ever you prefer). The trigger on the Crossover really isn't bad... it's really the only thing people can complain about on the gun(other than the ribbon eyes(which is not a problem)) and they will drive that logic into the next world if they could.

To anyone who says the Axe is sooo much better, just remember whose eyes are SOLDERED TO THE FUCKING BOARD?!

#39 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

^Haha thanks, but now your results are skewed.
There is now a statistical answer bias in your results, which makes your results irrelevant, because the people who answered did not have the choice of the Invasion beforehand, and new answerers now do. This will lead to a definite 95%-99% chance of a Type 2 Probability Proportion error, where you will accept a false alternate hypothesis, or a Type one Probability Proportion error, where you will reject a true alternate hypothesis, depending on what you consider to be your alternate hypothesis.

For me, it's that the Alien is better than the other markers offered for the population, which, if it does not get enough votes, which, based on a 95% confidence interval, will mean that the probability proportion will be smaller than alpha, leading you to reject the hypothesis that the Alien is better, despite the fact that it is.

(facepalm) the poll was just there, what i was really looking for was people opinions. <_< but now you made it all technical and i didn't even read the hole thing. but whatever.

STOP SOUNDING SMART!!!! this is a paintball forum, your aloud to be stupid and not know everything

Edited by zanedabeast, 15 April 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#40 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

To anyone who says the Axe is sooo much better, just remember whose eyes are SOLDERED TO THE FUCKING BOARD?!

I love my axe until this gets brought up, then I die inside at the thought of cleaning my eyes.

However with how good the axe is on paint, I have never seen one chop. Not saying it could never ever happen because I think "AXE IS BEST GUN EVARRRR GAR GAR GAR" but it just doesn't happen in my experience, so luckily the eyes being a bitch to clean isn't an issue of normal maintenance. But really, any mid range gun should be soft on paint.

Watch, now that I said that I'm gonna chop paint this weekend and curse the fact that I typed this out.

#41 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

I like the alien and the FX but, i don't really like the axe just because of the ergos, the Etek just doesn't seem to do anything really exceptional for the price and seem bland, and the rail I have had no experience with.I ust played with my Fx and it was surprisingly really quiet with the hush bolt. The was no major difference between my friends reflex and my FX in terms of sound ecept that the FX had more of a POP. The trigger feels really nice on the FX and the board is awesome. The vibration is kinda annoying but, something I can look over when playing with it. The effiency is pretty good and the gun is light. The grips don't bother me because of the fact I wear gloves. Alot of people dislike the FX and DP as a company. I have never had a issue with DP gun so far and like the FX alot.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#42 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

It looks simple and sleek, and it's damn unique on the field. Maybe that can justify the purchase. Obviously performance>looks, but as a looks whore, I agree completely.

While at the field I got multiple compliments on my invasion and was commented that it is "a very flashy gun" and much more. People like the uniqueness. Posted Image

#43 zanedabeast

zanedabeast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

My advice is, buy something like a Crossover, and grab yourself a 68/4500 or a 50/4500(which ever you prefer). The trigger on the Crossover really isn't bad... it's really the only thing people can complain about on the gun(other than the ribbon eyes(which is not a problem)) and they will drive that logic into the next world if they could.

the crossover uses a5 threads! get with the program tippmann, if i were to do that then i would buy either a mini or a g5

#44 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ehhh^ forget both those guns.

#45 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

i do hate the threading on the crossover.... makes me want a g4 so bad.... seriously if anyone has a g4 that works and they dont want, please, let me has it

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#46 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Finding a G4 that works is annoying. Finding one that works well...you're gonna have a bad time.

#47 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Finding a G4 that works is annoying. Finding one that works well...you're gonna have a bad time.

but i would feel so special to say " i have a g4 and it FUCKING WORKS BITCHES!!!!!"

#48 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

but i would feel so special to say " i have a g4 and it FUCKING WORKS BITCHES!!!!!"

The fact that anyone could get that excited about their gun is disconcerting.

#49 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

im not crazy.... all i wanted was a working g4.... but THEY WOULDNT GIVE IT TO MEE!!!!!!!!!! but im not crazy.... noooo.... youre the crazy ones.... Dangerous Power will rise again!!!!!!!! mawahahahahaha

#50 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

im not crazy.... all i wanted was a working g4.... but THEY WOULDNT GIVE IT TO MEE!!!!!!!!!! but im not crazy.... noooo.... youre the crazy ones.... Dangerous Power will rise again!!!!!!!! mawahahahahaha

Perhaps we should begin the search for a psychotherapist for you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users