Photo

proto matrix rail vs empire axe vs dp fx vs etek 4 lt

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: proto matrix rail vs empire axe vs dp fx vs etek 4 lt (37 member(s) have cast votes)

proto reflex rail vs empire axe vs dp fx vs etek 4 lt vs alien invasion

1. proto reflex rail (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

2. empire axe (17 votes [45.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.95%

3. dp fx (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

4. etek 4 lt (6 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

5. alien invasion (8 votes [21.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Finding a G4 that works is annoying. Finding one that works well...you're gonna have a bad time.

but i would feel so special to say " i have a g4 and it FUCKING WORKS BITCHES!!!!!"

The fact that anyone could get that excited about their gun is disconcerting.

im not crazy.... all i wanted was a working g4.... but THEY WOULDNT GIVE IT TO MEE!!!!!!!!!! but im not crazy.... noooo.... youre the crazy ones.... Dangerous Power will rise again!!!!!!!! mawahahahahaha

I won't dought you that dp can rise again. But its gonna take a major overhaul of how they operate. The fx and rev-I are pretty dated right now. All they need to do with the e1 is put in a legit board and put on some better fittings and the have a legit player in the budget baller market. I really can't say shit about the g5 because I know nothing about it. I kinda turned my back on dp due to lack of interest in they're products after being let down by my g4 and rev-i. So yes if they completely overhaul they're product line and put out quality products they can be real players in the market. They're guns always looked good. Now if they can get them to function and perform the rest of companies and players will definitely take notice. But if they're gonna make a move they're gonna have to do it fast or they're future will look just like smart parts past looked. And in the case of dp I don't think they can pull off a GOG move.

Finding a G4 that works is annoying. Finding one that works well...you're gonna have a bad time.

but i would feel so special to say " i have a g4 and it FUCKING WORKS BITCHES!!!!!"

im not crazy.... all i wanted was a working g4.... but THEY WOULDNT GIVE IT TO MEE!!!!!!!!!! but im not crazy.... noooo.... youre the crazy ones.... Dangerous Power will rise again!!!!!!!! mawahahahahaha

Perhaps we should begin the search for a psychotherapist for you

Lol.

#52 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

The reflex is great! I think it's the best and I suggest you look into it.

Ohio Raiders 

#53 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Also the MacDev Drone DX (a $600 dollar gun) just dropped down to $430 on ansgear if you don't mind getting a basic color like black green silver or red but those things are amazing, they compete with g6rs and you can get the Clone GT board in it, just adds to the great

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#54 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

I won't dought you that dp can rise again. But its gonna take a major overhaul of how they operate. The fx and rev-I are pretty dated right now. All they need to do with the e1 is put in a legit board and put on some better fittings and the have a legit player in the budget baller market. I really can't say shit about the g5 because I know nothing about it. I kinda turned my back on dp due to lack of interest in they're products after being let down by my g4 and rev-i. So yes if they completely overhaul they're product line and put out quality products they can be real players in the market. They're guns always looked good. Now if they can get them to function and perform the rest of companies and players will definitely take notice. But if they're gonna make a move they're gonna have to do it fast or they're future will look just like smart parts past looked. And in the case of dp I don't think they can pull off a GOG move.

Perhaps we should begin the search for a psychotherapist for you

Lol.

if the FX is dated then I guessing so is the Dm,Reflex Rail, Rail, Etek,tippman and Extcy. You considering they are all guns made back then and just changed alittle .

Edited by ccseancc143, 17 April 2013 - 10:51 PM.

It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#55 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

I stand by what I said about the fx. The only ones I agree with you on is the tippmanns and the rail. All I would really like dye to add to the dm is an OLED board. Other than that its perfect the way it is. Planet eclipse changed the etek a lot from the 3 to the 4. They updated to the shaft 4 and the sl3 reg. They even put the zick2 in it stock. Plus they updated the ASA to that new oops ASA the reconfigured the routing of the macro line. I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes at all but all I was try to say was that the fx and the rev-i needed small overhauls just to catch up to the time. First thing I'd do if I were dp is shit can that crappy trigger. That is the biggest gimmick in paintball if you ask me. When I had my rev-i it would start turning on it own as I was walking the trigger. The only other two things I'd want changed is the ASA and the barrel. For example if bought one I'd add a pops ASA to reconfigure the macro line routing and add a 14" dye ultralite instead of the stock 16" barrel. 16" is a tad too long for me. But those 3 changes are just personal preferences I guess.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#56 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

I stand by what I said about the fx. The only ones I agree with you on is the tippmanns and the rail. All I would really like dye to add to the dm is an OLED board. Other than that its perfect the way it is. Planet eclipse changed the etek a lot from the 3 to the 4. They updated to the shaft 4 and the sl3 reg. They even put the zick2 in it stock. Plus they updated the ASA to that new oops ASA the reconfigured the routing of the macro line. I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes at all but all I was try to say was that the fx and the rev-i needed small overhauls just to catch up to the time. First thing I'd do if I were dp is shit can that crappy trigger. That is the biggest gimmick in paintball if you ask me. When I had my rev-i it would start turning on it own as I was walking the trigger. The only other two things I'd want changed is the ASA and the barrel. For example if bought one I'd add a pops ASA to reconfigure the macro line routing and add a 14" dye ultralite instead of the stock 16" barrel. 16" is a tad too long for me. But those 3 changes are just personal preferences I guess.

The Etek 3 operates exactly the same as the Etek 4 and even when the Etek 4 just came out they came with spare parts labeled Etek 3.Reflex rail is basically a pmr and a rail is basically a dumbed down pmr.The extcy is a redid ion and operates exactley the same as the ion.Anyone will tell you the DM has been pretty much the same since the Dm10. Triggers are pretty much personal preference up to a degree and I have my FX trigger pretty nicely. Your points are fallacious and empty.
My Feedback

#57 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

The Etek 3 operates exactly the same as the Etek 4 and even when the Etek 4 just came out they came with spare parts labeled Etek 3.Reflex rail is basically a pmr and a rail is basically a dumbed down pmr.The extcy is a redid ion and operates exactley the same as the ion.Anyone will tell you the DM has been pretty much the same since the Dm10. Triggers are pretty much personal preference up to a degree and I have my FX trigger pretty nicely. Your points are fallacious and empty.

Well at least his points aren't falitical ;)

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#58 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well at least his points aren't falitical ;)

You know what. I give up. There is no rationalizing with you. Have fun with you fx.

#59 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

^Not sure why those still matter nowadays, save for cool colors. They were cool in 2010; I remember when tons of teams were using them, but hell, they're pretty outdated now.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#60 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

^Not sure why those still matter nowadays, save for cool colors. They were cool in 2010; I remember when tons of teams were using them, but hell, they're pretty outdated now.

That's what I've been trying to tell him.

#61 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Theres way better rationale for not liking DP markers because theyre "outdated". Guess what? Most high end markers are VERY similar to their last generation or two with hoseless air, new solenoid, etc.

Ive got my reasons for disliking DP but calling just about any electronic marker outdated is ignorant, they all do the same thing: 300FPS at 12.5/15BPS.

#62 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Theres way better rationale for not liking DP markers because theyre "outdated". Guess what? Most high end markers are VERY similar to their last generation or two with hoseless air, new solenoid, etc.

Ive got my reasons for disliking DP but calling just about any electronic marker outdated is ignorant, they all do the same thing: 300FPS at 12.5/15BPS.

I never said functionally it had to be updated. All I said was the trigger and ASA could use some changes imo and it would be better with a 14" barrel stock as opposed to its 16". But that's just my personal preferences. If they changed those 3 things and leave the rest of the gun alone they would have a winner in the current market at $500 imo. Oh and also maybe scrap the volumizer in favor of an actual lpr. All and all its nice that its the only $500 gun with an OLED board stock. The fx is one of those guns that's almost there. Hell there have been times I've thought of picking one up and just hitting the aftermarket and changing the things that I don't like about it.

#63 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Thankfully someone understands the point I am trying to get across.
My Feedback

#64 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

So since they all shoot 300fps at 12.5bps, why not get the one that shoots 300fps at 12.5bps the best?

#65 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

So since they all shoot 300fps at 12.5bps, why not get the one that shoots 300fps at 12.5bps the best?

Why buy the extcy when the rail is clearly better? The rail obviously shoots better so the rail is the clear winner.
My Feedback

#66 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

I never said functionally it had to be updated. All I said was the trigger and ASA could use some changes imo and it would be better with a 14" barrel stock as opposed to its 16". But that's just my personal preferences. If they changed those 3 things and leave the rest of the gun alone they would have a winner in the current market at $500 imo. Oh and also maybe scrap the volumizer in favor of an actual lpr. All and all its nice that its the only $500 gun with an OLED board stock. The fx is one of those guns that's almost there. Hell there have been times I've thought of picking one up and just hitting the aftermarket and changing the things that I don't like about it.

I agree with you on all those points. DP will never have my trust after the crap they have pulled with numerous people I know and the marker design just doesn't make sense to me.

I just think outdated is a term that doesn't really apply to paintball, even when talking about brass and wood markers. It's a bit like car racing, there's a class/division for everything. What I said was just kind of a rant because of something else I heard someone say the other day.

Why buy the extcy when the rail is clearly better? The rail obviously shoots better so the rail is the clear winner.

Assuming all other things are equal.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 April 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#67 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

But its not. Look, I dont feel any of my phone battery charge is worth another one of these arguements. Its not clearly better. Its not even better. It is, however, subjective on what you like for the pros vs the cons of each marker. I personally like the blackheart board, decent clamping feedneck, and on off. Ergos are something you just get used to, and dye is just another name, as is gog. Leave it at that, and let it go. As fun as it is to see someone get pissy because they're a fanboy, all things need to come to an end.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 18 April 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#68 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

its just me but i like alein invasions, but most will say to go with the axe

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

#69 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

^you should probably read the rest of the topic. Yeah we would have said alien if he had the option beforehand.

#70 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

^yea thats why I said the axe

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

#71 TEAM DYNASTY 11

TEAM DYNASTY 11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

i personally baught an ETEK 3LT over the FX Fusion and i love my desision the DP FX is cheap boxy feeling and just isnt as nice as the planet eclpise etek i know the new etek 4 isnt really much of a change from the etek 3 other than milling and the cure 4 bolt I THINK but i would tell anyone to go with the ETEK... for the axe VS the reflex rail i would go RAIL the new nones are just like a DYE DM they are super nice and i had one when they first came out in 2011 and i LOVED it but i recently got into popet guns because of air efficency the rail is kinda an air hog at least my 2011 rail was but it is a very quiet soft shooting gun and VERY comftorble in the hands hope this helped!
~Brandon

<3 i love you Courtney <3
Subaru WRX STi, Golf R, GTI, Supra RZ, Celica GT, R32
"Really?....im out already? we just started!"

#72 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

i personally baught an ETEK 3LT over the FX Fusion and i love my desision the DP FX is cheap boxy feeling and just isnt as nice as the planet eclpise etek i know the new etek 4 isnt really much of a change from the etek 3 other than milling and the cure 4 bolt I THINK but i would tell anyone to go with the ETEK... for the axe VS the reflex rail i would go RAIL the new nones are just like a DYE DM they are super nice and i had one when they first came out in 2011 and i LOVED it but i recently got into popet guns because of air efficency the rail is kinda an air hog at least my 2011 rail was but it is a very quiet soft shooting gun and VERY comftorble in the hands hope this helped!
~Brandon

Grammar->Brandon
Brandon->Grammar
I hope you guys make up, because it's getting pretty hard to understand stuff when you guys don't work together.

And the Rails are not the same as a Reflex Rail, and we already said:
Alien Invasion>Axe>Reflex Rail(preference, but for the most part, yes)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Etek4/Etek3>DP Fusion FX

#73 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

yeah for me it just looked kinda blockey and dull, not a lot of cuts in it, just plain

Look at the Luxe. The Alien used to have nice cuts and whatnot, and Jack Rice basically took off fancy milling and the price went from $1050 to $500 for the Invasion.

Wait what?! The Invasion used to be $1000+?!

#74 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yep. It used to be the Alien Independance for 1000 bucks +, and he just took off milling and called it the Invasion. Now its 500 new.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 09 May 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#75 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Alright the miling used to be pretty sick.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users