• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm posting this because my dads birthday is coming up kinda soon and i was thinking about getting him an old school pistol.
He used to play back in the day when everyone had pumps and the sport was actually FAIR. he tells me now that he doesn't want to get into it because it's expensive but i was thinking that if he used a SC pump it wouldn't be very much to play a day. I play OC so i wouldn't know how much it would cost for a day on the field with a stock class setup. & with the money i have to spend to play (all day air, bag of paint, admission) i don't think he would even consider spending that.(we have many hobbies)
So for you pumpers out there that play with those old school pistols or any stock class setup, how much will you spend on an average day and how much paint and co2 cartridges do you usually use? also, how is playing with a pistol compared to playing with a phantom or a sniper? are they a blast to play with?
I'm hoping i can take my dad out with me when he has the time and maybe that will convince him to drive us out to a better field when/if he gets involved. and maybe i can take his gun out when hes not looking :D

thanks in advance

#2 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

pgp's are fun little guns that's about the only pump pistol i can think of at this time of night. anywho they typically get 20-30 shots off a 12 gram and i would be just about floored if you managed to shoot an entire bag in a day with a PGP. expect about... 300 rounds a day but it depends on the player for sure. CO2 will almost always be more expensive than HPA almost definitely so using 12 grams they get expensive fast. hope that kinda helps

Edited by Demon, 15 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#3 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

how is playing with a pistol compared to playing with a phantom?

My Phantom is a pistol.
Spoiler

But on a full day of play, I'll typically go through about 150-200 rds and 6 or 7 twelvies.
Of course, your results may vary.

Edited by Antonious, 15 April 2013 - 04:08 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#4 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Finally a thread I can like and can contribute in in a positive manner.

My main marker is a PMI-1SC, they can be had for like $100 (There is a really nice one with a stock and PK45 on MCB for $125).
Its like the PGP's big brother, longer barrel but still just as cool.

How much will you spend on an average day and how much paint and co2 cartridges do you usually use?

I will spend less than $20 to play all day, I generally use less than 100 balls a day and I use 3-4 12 grams (Like $5-15 entry, $3 for paint, $2 misc (12ies, etc.) ).

How is playing with a pistol compared to playing with a phantom or a sniper?

I hate my Phantom with a vengeance, I can't stand anything about it besides the fact that it has worked every single time I have aired it up. I have never messed with a sniper so I can't say anything about those.

I have used many Sheridans (I think I own 5 or 6), Nightmares, Nel-spots and 007's, and I got the chance to play with a friends DSG not to long ago.

Pistols are a totally different game, You have to consider every shot since, more than likely if you are using an old pistol, you don't have an Auto trigger. Once you learn your marker though your game will really improve. You have a much small profile than anyone on the field so you can get really tight into bunkers.

are they a blast to play with?

Good god yes, I hardly have a more enjoyable time using something else. I just spent 3 days in California playing with a big pump group and all I used were my KP3 and my PMI-1.

I made a video several years ago about my PMI-1SC, but I was planning on doing another one tomorrow since the other one is kind of dated.

If you have anymore questions ask them, I'd be happy to get you into Sheridans.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#5 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

thanks bowmasta...
i have decided to get an old pmi trracer. seems like not too bad of a gun for the price. so did you end up making that video?? also, i've seen your 12g 6pack on your fb WHERE DID YOU GET THAT??? i am so jealous of anyone who has those! do you need a bottomline asa to use one? and VERY sexy phantom btw

#6 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

thanks bowmasta...
i have decided to get an old pmi trracer. seems like not too bad of a gun for the price. so did you end up making that video?? also, i've seen your 12g 6pack on your fb WHERE DID YOU GET THAT??? i am so jealous of anyone who has those! do you need a bottomline asa to use one? and VERY sexy phantom btw

No, not yet. I'll be happy to link you to my youtube so you can keep an eye out. Most of my videos are me babbling about one of my markers, I really need to update the PMI1SC vid though, I did get some comments on it so I was pretty happy. Lol, I have 3 6Paks. 2 leftys and a righty, out of the 3000 made only 40 or so are lefty's, pretty proud of them to be honest. I bought the righty on a Canadian forum for way to much, but I had to have it at the time and I bought the 2 leftys for a steal on MCB. You just need some kind of an ASA for them to work, I have one set up as a BBA right now on my spare PMI-1. I collect 12 gram changers, I have 3 6Paks, an ACI turret changer, a WGP pump changer and a NIB MIcro CA II.

Thanks, I recently traded the Phantom and a KP2 for a sweet custom 'Mag. Can't wait to get out and use it lol. I'm not a semi guy but man is it a pretty mag.

Edited by bowmasta, 25 April 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#7 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

i think i already found your youtube channel haha is it Sunkistsniper?

#8 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yessir.

The videos are rather boring I know, but I really just want to document the markers for the future so people can know what they were like.

I made a video about some of my masks but man do I know how to drone on and on and on. Even I thought I was boring. I'll have to give that one another go. But I'll wait for the I4 that is in the mail to get here to make it even bigger.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users