14 replies to this topic

#1 alexdiaz1994

alexdiaz1994

Big Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

I will be moving to Wisconsin from Texas this August for college. I will be in the town Beloit (WI-IL Border) what good places are there to play at in that area? (I play more tournament style, Xball, Airball, hyperball ect.)

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Vintage is a park run by Aaron Tholey of XSV and has tourney airball fields. The prices are pretty steep though from what Ive heard.

Splattag has scenario games too, theyre going to be running their spring Giant Big Game in about three weeks.

#3 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Vintage is a park run by Aaron Tholey of XSV and has tourney airball fields. The prices are pretty steep though from what Ive heard.

Splattag has scenario games too, theyre going to be running their spring Giant Big Game in about three weeks.

Both of those are a pretty far jump from Beloit though.

Though anyone wanting to try the scenario/big game format and not have too many rules to worry about. Splat Tag's GBG is a pretty good one to go to.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Both of those are a pretty far jump from Beloit though.

Though anyone wanting to try the scenario/big game format and not have too many rules to worry about. Splat Tag's GBG is a pretty good one to go to.

Yeah that's what I realized afterwards. Unfortunately I don't know of any other fields in Wisc although Im sure there are several.

#5 tjmartin37661

tjmartin37661

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

check out brew city paintball in brookefield (just west of milwaukee). it is an indoor field that is almost excusivly airball. lot of tourny players like to go there one tuesday nights starting at 4. $60 gets u a case, admission, and all day air.

#6 alexdiaz1994

alexdiaz1994

Big Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

are there any good fields in illinois because beloit is pretty close to illinois

#7 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

edge in Janesville is a short drive for you

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#8 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Splat Tag's GBG

#9 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'll say this again (someone else posted up they were going to school in Beloit, so I thought i'd offer this up again)

Check out

PB Explosion (Great concept fields, located in East Dundee IL, owners are pretty cool, and they have indoor speedball in an old hockey rink)

CPX Sports (AWESOME for scenarios, my team and I travel there for Living Legends which is totally badass, plus they ahve awesome speedball fields, they used to host the NPPL Chicago tournament there. Not this year sadly :( ).

Brew CIty Paintball - All indoor, great fast paced games, good for quick turn arounds and they keep the mood lively. Often have small tournaments there which are a lot of fun, plus they have a PE affiliated Pro-Shop and it's all well staffed and kept neat. I miss playing there, can't wait to go again (currently i am in California for the forseeable future).

Breakaway Paintball (Formerly Paintball Sallys): I've never been, but I've heard it's a good place to play from teammates, lots of walk on renters though, and sometimes there is limited "talent" when it comes to experienced players.

Those are the places that are close to you that i can recommend, here are some other, slightly farther away places:

Apocalypse Paintball
Promised Land Paintball
The Siege Paintball

Edited by Irish725, 29 April 2013 - 12:28 PM.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#10 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Promised Land is really close but not the best choice probably. You need to be a member or guest which isn't a big deal cause I could get you in but they are strictly walk on style outdoor with 85% renters and the others being scenario ballers. Also they don't have HPA.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#11 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'll say this again (someone else posted up they were going to school in Beloit, so I thought i'd offer this up again)

Check out

PB Explosion (Great concept fields, located in East Dundee IL, owners are pretty cool, and they have indoor speedball in an old hockey rink)

CPX Sports (AWESOME for scenarios, my team and I travel there for Living Legends which is totally badass, plus they ahve awesome speedball fields, they used to host the NPPL Chicago tournament there. Not this year sadly :( ).

Brew CIty Paintball - All indoor, great fast paced games, good for quick turn arounds and they keep the mood lively. Often have small tournaments there which are a lot of fun, plus they have a PE affiliated Pro-Shop and it's all well staffed and kept neat. I miss playing there, can't wait to go again (currently i am in California for the forseeable future).

Breakaway Paintball (Formerly Paintball Sallys): I've never been, but I've heard it's a good place to play from teammates, lots of walk on renters though, and sometimes there is limited "talent" when it comes to experienced players.

Those are the places that are close to you that i can recommend, here are some other, slightly farther away places:

Apocalypse Paintball
Promised Land Paintball
The Siege Paintball

You missed The Edge in Janesville, which is at the longest a 15 minute drive, owners are chill and they have a good diversity of talent.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#12 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Forgot about that one, Thanks Wisco.

#13 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

check out boneyard or brew city man

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#14 jmschoba

jmschoba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

The Siege in Mukwanago is also a good place to go

#15 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

That's a bit of a drive from Beloit ain't it? Mukwon is about an hour and 15 from my place in Oak Creek, and Beloit is like an hour the other way...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users