• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

The battery cord on my ion broke off and I need a new board I have had trouble finding One, any suggestion. Also does anyone know if the Gog envy or extcy boards work in an ion

#2 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

I know none of the GOG boards will work in an ion. They are more similar to the Vibe, and the trigger switch is above the grip frame unlike the ion where it is inside the grip frame.

I THINK punisherspb has virtue ion boards. Beside that, I'd point you toward eBay.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#3 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Man that sucks but thanks for the help man much appreciated

#4 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Is the virtue board good. What are thw advantages compared to the stock

#5 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

If you want the stock board, GOG should be able to sell you one. I just don't think it would be cheaper than buying an on sale Virtue.

For a board comparison:
http://web.archive.o...arison_page.htm

#6 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Is the virtue board good. What are thw advantages compared to the stock

Virtue board are awesome,all my PMRs and Ions have them.One of the best warranties in PB,unless you plan to upgrade your whole setup it ie bolt,QEV,reg,etc it my not be worth it.a Blackheart is generally cheaper and has good features,I usually have extra stock boards but sold them all off.Check PB Nation or M Carter Brown forums,theres usually used boards FS there,ebay will have them sometimes too

#7 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

if its just a battery cable, simply get it repaired. $2 fix at any electronics place that solders things.

#8 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

Yah I have done that twice and it came off after play once and after playing three times the second time and I got it repaired at my local pb shop fpr 30 bucks each time

Though im still not sure iif I wanna pay 100 bucks on my backup marker

#9 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Is it breaking when you remove the battery? A good solder connection shouldn't be that fragile. Are you removing the battery connector by the wire or something?

#10 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

The first time it popped off right where it connects to the board when I was taking it out to grease my bolt. This second time it came off when I removed the battery. The tech at the shop was saying it is hard to solder it back when it comes off there and there is a chane the board will be damaged. If what punisher068 says is true im second guessing getting the virtue board. I don't have plans of uprgade anything else on the marker since its my back up and mainly gets used if my dad and brother decide to play. I also have an axe and a mini and usually use my axe

#11 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

But the blackheart board isn't that much cheaper then the virtue and from what I hear the virtue is better. I also noticed people saying that both ansgear.com and GOGhave sent them broken boards

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users