Photo

What should I get next?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: What should I get next? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one should I get?

1. Dye white camo Rotor (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Dye navigator gear bag (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Dye Nt 11 gold and white edition (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Dye i4s gold and white edition. (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Which one should I get? I have to much stuff but no where to put it all. I currently own a PE backpack and am looking to get the next best thing which to me is the navigator. My halo hopper recently stopped working and I am looking to upgrade to a rotor. Btw I have another hopper. I am look to step up my game by getting a new gun which would be the Nt11. I currently own an Axe. Finally I am looking for a slimmer mask because i feel my E-Flex is too bulky. If i got a new mask it would be the i4s. Please help and thank you to all who respond ahead of time.

Edited by pber709, 15 April 2013 - 05:27 PM.

If you want to be on a team and are in the Chicagoland area pm me.

Save a rock, throw an Ion!

#2 recklessbob

recklessbob

Welts Don't Wipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

In advance this is strictly my opinion. I would keep the axe i love mine. Also the mask thing is a personal preference try and trade your eflexes im sure someone with some i4's would be willing to trade. I would def reccomend gettign a rotor if you look hard enough you can find them for under 100 my buddy picked his up for 75 bucks, v3. When it comes to gear bags since i dont own one i can give any personal experience but i like the look of the PE one. Hope this helps man. Also i see your from chicago do you happen to play at the badlandz?

sounds like wayne brady is gonna have to choke a bitch.

AXE F/S/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217311
68/4500-
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=215637

#3 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yah every once in a while i mainly go to cpx and pbbomb.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

NT11 wont really be an upgrade even if you do know how to tune it, which is somewhat complicated.

#5 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Personally I think you should keep the Axe and get a stock class pump. Want to up your game? Learn to play speedball competetivly with a 1/4 of the firepower.

#6 recklessbob

recklessbob

Welts Don't Wipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yah every once in a while i mainly go to cpx and pbbomb.

For sure man well if you ever are heading to the badlandz shoot me a pm man im there about twice a month

sounds like wayne brady is gonna have to choke a bitch.

AXE F/S/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217311
68/4500-
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=215637

#7 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sounds cool i will next time i go up there.

#8 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

What is your other hopper you have on hand?

If it's a solid one, I'd get the mask first. If not, I'd get the Rotor first.

Forget the NT. You're doing good with the Axe unless you really don't like something about it.

The bag is probably my lowest priority, unless there is a specific need (ie your existing bag is too small and/or ripped or damaged).

Edited by Akkadian_Tim, 15 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#9 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Any one else got any advice

#10 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

What is your other hopper you have on hand?

If it's a solid one, I'd get the mask first. If not, I'd get the Rotor first.

Forget the NT. You're doing good with the Axe unless you really don't like something about it.

The bag is probably my lowest priority, unless there is a specific need (ie your existing bag is too small and/or ripped or damaged).

First thanks for responding and my other hopper is a spire and my gear bag is way to small

#11 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Out of the list, forget about the nt, save your money on the bag, and I would personally go for the rotor. If everything else is working but your loader isn't what it can be, that can put a dent in your game. What is this other loader you have by the way? Because if the backup is decent you could even give the loader back priority to having a mask you like. If the mask is bothering you, it's one more thing to distract you during games.

Bags aren't that important. I'm making do with a beat up gym bag and it doesn't bother me. With a dye bag that's spending a lot of money on something that doesn't affect your playing in he slightest.

If you REALLY want a dye gun (I'm noticing a pattern with the dye stuff) get a used dm. Going from the axe to the nt isn't much of a change. But even in the case of buying a dm, you have to determine that the small bit of performance you would gain is worth that much money.

To sum it all up:
If you have a decent backup loader then go mask>loader>gun>bag.

If your loader is a shit kebab
Loader>mask>gun>bag

Edit: just noticed that you have a spire. A rotor isn't an upgrade from that. Keep the spire, spend your money elsewhere.

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 15 April 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#12 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Out of the list, forget about the nt, save your money on the bag, and I would personally go for the rotor. If everything else is working but your loader isn't what it can be, that can put a dent in your game. What is this other loader you have by the way? Because if the backup is decent you could even give the loader back priority to having a mask you like. If the mask is bothering you, it's one more thing to distract you during games.

Bags aren't that important. I'm making do with a beat up gym bag and it doesn't bother me. With a dye bag that's spending a lot of money on something that doesn't affect your playing in he slightest.

If you REALLY want a dye gun (I'm noticing a pattern with the dye stuff) get a used dm. Going from the axe to the nt isn't much of a change. But even in the case of buying a dm, you have to determine that the small bit of performance you would gain is worth that much money.

To sum it all up:

Loader>mask>gun>bag

Edit: just noticed that you have a spire. A rotor isn't an upgrade from that. Keep the spire, spend your money elsewhere.

My halo is my back up and i have a spire as my main loader. I was looking into a better back up because it failed me. When i was playing my spire ran out of battery and the halo broke so i had to leave the field only one game into the day.

#13 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Snip

My halo is my back up and i have a spire as my main loader. I was looking into a better back up because it failed me. When i was playing my spire ran out of battery and the halo broke so i had to leave the field only one game into the day.

Buying a rotor is a hefty investment just for a backup. If you really want one I would suggest looking for a used one. Back up set ups are more of a convenience and in my mind should be treated as such. You can easily find a used rotor for about 100 which would save you quite a bit.

My previous statement still stands. Since you don't really NEED the rotor, get a mask you like first.

Lesson of the day: keep batteries in your bag at all times. Same goes with lube. Two smallest things that will make you feel really dumb if you need them and don't have them.

#14 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I had batteries but the funny thing is my friend rotor died too before mine so i let him use them. later when we started the first game my spire died and my halo break so i let him keep the batteries and i left the field before anything else broke.
So real lesson: bring more batteries

#15 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Your shop doesn't sell batteries at a ridiculously high price? No stores nearby? I'd much rather buy a $10 4 pack of batteries than forfeit the field fee.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#16 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I was playing at a really crappy field. You had to bring your own paint because they didnt sell any. They had no rental equipment. They didnt have any scheduled games. The refs didnt ref and they only had two field one which was not up. So i could not buy batteries at the field.

#17 xxpagxx

xxpagxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I went with the hopper because you said yours broke. I wouldn't get the bag because it doesn't improve your game. I didn't choose the gun because with out a good hopper your gun can't outperform your old one. The mask I figured that would be a personal preference if your mask is more important than your hopper.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

....Gosh I wish I had your problems.
I would say to just get a new mask if yours feels too bulky.
But since I'm not too big of a fan of the NT, I'd say just keep your axe and get a gearbag instead.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

thanks for your guys help i decided i'm getting them in this order.
Rotor> i4s> Navigator> Nt11

#20 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

You don't want white i4s, I know they look flippin sick nasty, but they glare like no other when you ware them. All you see if the white frame. Just my 2 cents

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#21 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

To sum it all up:

Loader>mask>gun>bag

Next time your batteries die on your spire pull out the drivetrain tray and just use it like a shake and shoot. You'll only be able to one ball it but at least you'll still be on the field. As for my advice. Play with the gear you have and leave well enough alone. You have an awesome setup there. If your not playing tournaments the axe is all you'll need. If you feel you just need to spend some money on paintball get the i4s and a duffle bag from sports authority and call it a day.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#22 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

Still a noob, but seems like a veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Well since you can't fit everything you currently have in your gearbag, I would get a new bag first, though I would go with a cheaper duffle/gym bag from any old box store.

I can't remember which mask you have, but it was a good one, and it didn't sound like it was uncomfortable. You just wanted a different form factor, so it is a lower priority.

You have a working Spire, so you really don't need a rotor for back up. Bring more batteries, and maybe pick up a cheapo loader for an emergency, "Oh crap, I broke the shell of my Spire somehow," moment.

Your Axe is a perfectly good marker, save your money so you can afford to go to a proper field with real refs. I find that if the people I am playing against are really dishonest, good refs can make up for a lot of my frustration.

Canadasmilie.gifFeedback
Current: Ego7, Milsig mk3, TiPX, Hammer 7, Oracle pump
Previous: TM-7, Stryker
Eventually: CCI Phantom, other pumps, spoolie, PGP, DSG, DRV...

#23 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

You don't want white i4s, I know they look flippin sick nasty, but they glare like no other when you ware them. All you see if the white frame. Just my 2 cents

Truth. My brother has the white and gold i4's and ive borrowed them a few times, and the glare is terrible. The sun shining through the venting makes the inside of the lens reflect the white frames. Its really bad. I had to wear a beanie and pull it over the top of the mask to cover the vents to make it not so bad. Ive heard that matte black tape on the inside of the mask behind the lens helps, but we havnt tried it yet.

#24 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yeah I would skip the Rotor and NT11. The Eclipse gear bags are better too in my experience.

#25 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Truth. My brother has the white and gold i4's and ive borrowed them a few times, and the glare is terrible. The sun shining through the venting makes the inside of the lens reflect the white frames. Its really bad. I had to wear a beanie and pull it over the top of the mask to cover the vents to make it not so bad. Ive heard that matte black tape on the inside of the mask behind the lens helps, but we havnt tried it yet.

I know about the glare and my friend lets me use his all the time we tried the tape and it works decently, enough to bare with. with the sly profits i come with a piece to block the glare on the sly and we put that in the i4s and it works great.

To sum it all up:
If you have a decided backup loader then go mask>loader>gun>bag.
Thanks for the great tip ill be sure to use it when i have that situation again

Loader>mask>gun>bag

Next time your batteries die on your spire pull out the drivetrain tray and just use it like a shake and shoot. You'll only be able to one ball it but at least you'll still be on the field. As for my advice. Play with the gear you have and leave well enough alone. You have an awesome setup there. If your not playing tournaments the axe is all you'll need. If you feel you just need to spend some money on paintball get the i4s and a duffle bag from sports authority and call it a day.

for my second quote i accedently put it in that post but anyway ill be sure to use the loader tip.

#26 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Just curious, what other masks have you tried on besides the i4 and Profit?

#27 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Which halo do you have?
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#28 frobocop

frobocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

The navigator is an awesome bag, so well thought out and it can take a beating. Only thing is once its full its heavy as hell

#29 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have profits, eflexs, and invert 20/20s. Ive tried on i4s, vforce grills, profilers, events, proflexs, and proto axises. i am loking for a mask that has a very small profile and i thought that the i4s were super slim.

#30 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Which halo do you have?

i have the halo v32 b

#31 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have profits, eflexs, and invert 20/20s. Ive tried on i4s, vforce grills, profilers, events, proflexs, and proto axises. i am loking for a mask that has a very small profile and i thought that the i4s were super slim.

Holy hell. You have a pro shop in your closet.

#32 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

The navigator is an awesome bag, so well thought out and it can take a beating. Only thing is once its full its heavy as hell

thanks and what are u able to fit in the navigator.

Holy hell. You have a pro shop in your closet.

I live down the block from one so im always checking out their gear

#33 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Same here^

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#34 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Same here^

Its awesome living by one

#35 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

i say i4>gearbag>roter and skip a new gun. an axe should do you good.

#36 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

i say i4>gearbag>roter and skip a new gun. an axe should do you good.

Will the do me good even in tournaments because my first tourny is on the 29 and is coming up so so i want to get what im going to get before the tourney

#37 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

imo, i say keep the axe till you are able to get a supergun.

#38 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

what super gun would u suggest

#39 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

to be honest, im not an expert on superguns so i couldnt tell you. but i say get all the other gear first. then save up for a supergun

#40 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

ok have about 750 right now so it would be buying a new gun are getting one of the other things at separate times

#41 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

With a supergun its all personal preference. The only one I have had is the ego11 and I loved it. They can also be had for a steal right and will probably be even cheaper when the lv1 comes out later this month.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#42 frobocop

frobocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have 2 complete set ups (guns, masks, pants jerseys tanks) and a ton of tools

#43 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

I have 2 complete set ups (guns, masks, pants jerseys tanks) and a ton of tools

do have any more room

#44 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

With a supergun its all personal preference. The only one I have had is the ego11 and I loved it. They can also be had for a steal right and will probably be even cheaper when the lv1 comes out later this month.

ok thanks. I know that the ego 11 has been dropping a lot. on ans it went form 1250 to 995

#45 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Dude, you have amazing gear. There is no reason you need to upgrade anything unless theres a piece of gear you absolutely hate. IMO spend that money on paint to practice for the tournament.

#46 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Dude, you have amazing gear. There is no reason you need to upgrade anything unless theres a piece of gear you absolutely hate. IMO spend that money on paint to practice for the tournament.

The reason for the gear bag is because i have no more room for any of my gear plus i cant fit all of it in anyway. The hopper because i need a back up that is reliable and ive bought 75 dollar hopper and it broke. the gun because its becoming a pain in the butt to keep on fixing my axe i have been having some reliability problems but nothing i cant fix. And the mask because i keep on getting shot on the outside of the mask and if i had a slimmer mask i wouldnt get hit.

#47 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

The reason for the gear bag is because i have no more room for any of my gear plus i cant fit all of it in anyway. The hopper because i need a back up that is reliable and ive bought 75 dollar hopper and it broke. the gun because its becoming a pain in the butt to keep on fixing my axe i have been having some reliability problems but nothing i cant fix. And the mask because i keep on getting shot on the outside of the mask and if i had a slimmer mask i wouldnt get hit.

What do you have to keep fixing? Reliability problems are pretty rare with an axe. If you're looking for less maintenance high ends generally aren't the way to go.

#48 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

How did the Halo break?

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#49 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

What do you have to keep fixing? Reliability problems are pretty rare with an axe. If you're looking for less maintenance high ends generally aren't the way to go.

Ive had some bolt stick, very inconstant velocity, i got 254, 291, then 276, and i have some trigger activation problems.

#50 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ive had some bolt stick, very inconstant velocity, i got 254, 291, then 276, and i have some trigger activation problems.

ive never heard of somebody having so many problems with an axe. either your doing something wrong or you got very unlucky..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users