Photo

What should I get next?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: What should I get next? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one should I get?

1. Dye white camo Rotor (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Dye navigator gear bag (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Dye Nt 11 gold and white edition (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Dye i4s gold and white edition. (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Dude, you have amazing gear. There is no reason you need to upgrade anything unless theres a piece of gear you absolutely hate. IMO spend that money on paint to practice for the tournament.

The reason for the gear bag is because i have no more room for any of my gear plus i cant fit all of it in anyway. The hopper because i need a back up that is reliable and ive bought 75 dollar hopper and it broke. the gun because its becoming a pain in the butt to keep on fixing my axe i have been having some reliability problems but nothing i cant fix. And the mask because i keep on getting shot on the outside of the mask and if i had a slimmer mask i wouldnt get hit.

What do you have to keep fixing? Reliability problems are pretty rare with an axe. If you're looking for less maintenance high ends generally aren't the way to go.

Ive had some bolt stick, very inconstant velocity, i got 254, 291, then 276, and i have some trigger activation problems.

Bolt stick? Are you using the right lube/ how often are you lubing it?
How long have you had it? If its newer the velocity will be a bit finicky because it needs to break in.
As far as trigger activation issues, is it not activating when you pull the trigger or are you just not always pulling it far enough? If the answer is the first one, call up kee. If its user error, adjust the trigger until you feel comfortable with it.

#52 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Dude, you have amazing gear. There is no reason you need to upgrade anything unless theres a piece of gear you absolutely hate. IMO spend that money on paint to practice for the tournament.

The reason for the gear bag is because i have no more room for any of my gear plus i cant fit all of it in anyway. The hopper because i need a back up that is reliable and ive bought 75 dollar hopper and it broke. the gun because its becoming a pain in the butt to keep on fixing my axe i have been having some reliability problems but nothing i cant fix. And the mask because i keep on getting shot on the outside of the mask and if i had a slimmer mask i wouldnt get hit.

What do you have to keep fixing? Reliability problems are pretty rare with an axe. If you're looking for less maintenance high ends generally aren't the way to go.

Planet eclipse guns generally don't need much maintenance. You can usually put 5 or 6 cases threw them between cleanings with no problem. And I consider the ego and the geo to be pretty high end.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#53 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ive had some bolt stick, very inconstant velocity, i got 254, 291, then 276, and i have some trigger activation problems.

ive never heard of somebody having so many problems with an axe. either your doing something wrong or you got very unlucky..

I just unlucky. i brought it too my pro shop and they couldnt figure out how to fix it, so they sent it into empire and they just replaced a few things like the noid trigger and bolt spring but it kept on happening

If you want to be on a team and are in the Chicagoland area pm me.

Save a rock, throw an Ion!

#54 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Planet eclipse guns generally don't need much maintenance. You can usually put 5 or 6 cases threw them between cleanings with no problem. And I consider the ego and the geo to be pretty high end.

Thank u for your advice i look into eclipse markers

#55 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

What lube are you using?
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#56 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Bolt stick? Are you using the right lube/ how often are you lubing it?
How long have you had it? If its newer the velocity will be a bit finicky because it needs to break in.
As far as trigger activation issues, is it not activating when you pull the trigger or are you just not always pulling it far enough? If the answer is the first one, call up kee. If its user error, adjust the trigger until you feel comfortable with it.

I used the lube that comes with the marker which is dow 33 and i have extra. i lube it after every day i play but before i lube it i wipe it down.
Ive had it for about a year now and have shot 30 cases through it. i dont now whats up with the activation screw, and i already sent it to kee i have the worse luck.

#57 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Right now lets skip all the chatter what do u think i should get in order
it should look like this gear< gear< gear< gear

#58 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Like I said already. I4>roter>gear bag>gun

#59 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I just unlucky. i brought it too my pro shop and they couldnt figure out how to fix it, so they sent it into empire and they just replaced a few things like the noid trigger and bolt spring but it kept on happening

And this is why I abandoned Kee and went Planet Eclipse.

I have owned a Kee gun that had issues, and it went back and forth 3 times over the time span taking 2.5 months for them to get it right. Like it'd come back still bad, I'd tell them and then I'd send it back and wait.

I only have one Kee gun left in my collection, and it's a pump. I can troubleshoot it/service it myself pretty easily since there's next to nothing that can go wrong with it. And if Eclipse ever comes out with a pump, I am dropping my Kee one in favor of it in a heartbeat.

But back on topic...

With the new info, I'd say mask first. Loader second, because I always like having backups. Then the gear bag if you need the space.

#60 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Mask, then gear bag, then loader, then gun.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#61 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Rather than buying a new mask, you should work on your snapshooting. My guess would be that when youre focusing with your dominant eye when youre shootig ou the othe side of your bunker. Example: aiming with your right eye while shootig out the left so that your maksk sticks out farther than usual.

If youre having problems with your Axe you wont be able to keep an NT11 working at all.

#62 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

And this is why I abandoned Kee and went Planet Eclipse.

I have owned a Kee gun that had issues, and it went back and forth 3 times over the time span taking 2.5 months for them to get it right. Like it'd come back still bad, I'd tell them and then I'd send it back and wait.

I only have one Kee gun left in my collection, and it's a pump. I can troubleshoot it/service it myself pretty easily since there's next to nothing that can go wrong with it. And if Eclipse ever comes out with a pump, I am dropping my Kee one in favor of it in a heartbeat.

But back on topic...

With the new info, I'd say mask first. Loader second, because I always like having backups. Then the gear bag if you need the space.

I started not to like Kee. My team use to be sponsored by them but we dropped them and right now we are trying to get sponsored by PE and Dye. That's why im trying to new gun was one of the options because im having problems with my axe.

#63 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Like I said already. I4>roter>gear bag>gun

Thanks for your help

Mask, then gear bag, then loader, then gun.

Thanks for your help

#64 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Rather than buying a new mask, you should work on your snapshooting. My guess would be that when youre focusing with your dominant eye when youre shootig ou the othe side of your bunker. Example: aiming with your right eye while shootig out the left so that your maksk sticks out farther than usual.

If youre having problems with your Axe you wont be able to keep an NT11 working at all.

Ive heard great things and very bad things able the NT11 and i think its worth the gamble.
And the thing about the mask i do have to work on my snap shooting but i dont think im that bad because when ever i got shot it was on the outside part of the mask. So if i was snapping right i was shot on the right side, if i was snapping left i was shot of the left

#65 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Ive heard great things and very bad things able the NT11 and i think its worth the gamble.
And the thing about the mask i do have to work on my snap shooting but i dont think im that bad because when ever i got shot it was on the outside part of the mask. So if i was snapping right i was shot on the right side, if i was snapping left i was shot of the left

Whether the NT11 is good or not is irrelevant given the fact that there are plenty if markers that perform much better for cheaper, and are much simpler to tune and maintain.

Gambling is not something you should be doing when purchasing a high-end marker or really anything at all in paintball.

#66 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Whether the NT11 is good or not is irrelevant given the fact that there are plenty if markers that perform much better for cheaper, and are much simpler to tune and maintain.

Gambling is not something you should be doing when purchasing a high-end marker or really anything at all in paintball.

When i said its worth a gamble i wasnt saying it like that i was saying it as an expression

#67 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

When i said its worth a gamble i wasnt saying it like that i was saying it as an expression

I understand exactly what you meant. What Im saying is there is no reason to look at it that way. There is really no reason to get an NT now when so many better options exist. If you want a Dye marker I would suggest looking for used DMs, 11 and older which shoot the same or better than the new ones and are stupid cheap.

#68 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

I understand exactly what you meant. What Im saying is there is no reason to look at it that way. There is really no reason to get an NT now when so many better options exist. If you want a Dye marker I would suggest looking for used DMs, 11 and older which shoot the same or better than the new ones and are stupid cheap.

Thanks for your advice and do you own a DM

#69 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yes but going to the paintball field with an NT11 is in reality, a fucking gamble. Its likely to not work. Also, if you are getting shot in the mask, that means you are doing things right, thats about the only part of you your opponent should see. I dont understand why you need three of the most expensive masks, youre just throwing away money. And another super loader? Nah man. If anything get a gear bag, And a better gun, but not an NT. Nt's are a downgrade from an Axe. I know the white and gold is AGGGGGGGGG as fuck for all you people that are into that, but theres no reason to waste so much money when you already have 2 high end masks, the most expensive loader, a good gun. But look into an Ego 11, a caveman could maintain one, and get a gear bag, i would suggest a PE or Empire one.

#70 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yes but going to the paintball field with an NT11 is in reality, a fucking gamble. Its likely to not work. Also, if you are getting shot in the mask, that means you are doing things right, thats about the only part of you your opponent should see. I dont understand why you need three of the most expensive masks, youre just throwing away money. And another super loader? Nah man. If anything get a gear bag, And a better gun, but not an NT. Nt's are a downgrade from an Axe. I know the white and gold is AGGGGGGGGG as fuck for all you people that are into that, but theres no reason to waste so much money when you already have 2 high end masks, the most expensive loader, a good gun. But look into an Ego 11, a caveman could maintain one, and get a gear bag, i would suggest a PE or Empire one.

Thanks for the advice ill look more into the gear bags and do u have an empire xlt gear bag

#71 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Personally i use a standard dufflebag and a bookbag, depending on how many setups im taking to the field. I would rather spend my money on guns than a better gear bag, but i have plenty of friends that still use the same Eclipse and Empire gear bags they bought back in like 2005. As long as you take care of them, they last for a long time.

#72 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

I did own a DM8 for a while. It was nice but I like a lighter, smaller marker.

#73 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

all u guys that havent vote please do

#74 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

All you guys that have a DM 11 or higher or a NT please tell me a little bit about it. like how quiet, how smooth, and how efficient. thank your to all reply.

#75 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

All you guys that have a DM 11 or higher or a NT please tell me a little bit about it. like how quiet, how smooth, and how efficient. thank your to all reply.

Read reviews on PBNation. The DM is smoother, quieter, as efficient when you buy a Lurker Eigenring, simpler to tune/maintain (IMO LPR > inserts) and is softer on paint but has a larger profile and is heavier.

#76 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Read reviews on PBNation. The DM is smoother, quieter, as efficient when you buy a Lurker Eigenring, simpler to tune/maintain (IMO LPR > inserts) and is softer on paint but has a larger profile and is heavier.

Do u know how many pods it gets

#77 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

~8 stock, ~10 with the Eigenring.

#78 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

which DM gets that many pods

#79 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Well the 8 and up are what I've used long enough to know but probably the 7 too. Lurker PB hasn't released an Eigenring for the 12 and 13 yet though.

If you're interested in DMs it would be worth your time to check the Dye Matrix forum on PBNation, lots of useful info there.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 April 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#80 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Well the 8 and up are what I've used long enough to know but probably the 7 too. Lurker PB hasn't released an Eigenring for the 12 and 13 yet though.

If you're interested in DMs it would be worth your time to check the Dye Matrix forum on PBNation, lots of useful info there.

Thanks for your help. I'll be sure to check it out and if u have not vote please do

#81 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for your help. I'll be sure to check it out and if u have not vote please do

No problemo. I know Pakistani on this site is a fucking genius with Trixes too so you could always hit him up if you have questions.

#82 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

No problemo. I know Pakistani on this site is a fucking genius with Trixes too so you could always hit him up if you have questions.

I know who your talking about im friends with that person. Ill be sure to send him one soon.

#83 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks anyone who posted on the topic it really helped. I have finally decide to get the White Camo Rotor> Gold and White i4s> Navigator Gear Bag> finally a gun. I dont know what gun im going to get, probably a super gun, so im going to do more research. Ive decided this through the votes and all the post and people how helped me. Again thank you for your help.

#84 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

The rotor seems like the best decision in the long run....BTW get a DM13....Hell I even love my '09 PMR. Anything with an ultralight frame is amazing. really though unless you're doing tourneys monthly you're only going to really need a highend proto,empire,etek, older ego, etc...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#85 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

The rotor seems like the best decision in the long run....BTW get a DM13....Hell I even love my '09 PMR. Anything with an ultralight frame is amazing. really though unless you're doing tourneys monthly you're only going to really need a highend proto,empire,etek, older ego, etc...

Or a DM9 with an NT ASA for a third of the price.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 19 April 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#86 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Whats the difference between the asa

#87 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Macro out the front instead of the side.

#88 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I thought the DM 11 and up did that already.

#89 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

???

#90 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

???

Sry bout that and I thought the the DM 11 and up already had it going straight out of the Asa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users