10 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

So anyone wanna give me tips on Open-Class sniper style pump play? I have never been really all that good playing in that style. With a Phantom, however, I do awesome, but it's stock-class so I have a different mindset to the game. I use an Azodin Kaos Pump, and, honestly, I like it more than any other sniper I could get, simply because whenever I see a pumped cocker, I get disappointed, hoping it was just a cocker.

Any tips?

Also:
1. What are good hoppers for pump? Preferably 50 round ones, and I realized GxG has become the new JT ever since JT was taken in by kee, and that their pocket hoppers are horsetrash.
2. On recball days, what positions are more effective to play when playing pump? Center 30ish maybe to control? Back corners? 50 guy?
3. What beef jerky do you guys recommend are the best? Down at disruptive some pump team which are friends of mine have this tradition of eating beef jerky for good luck.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

1.I personally use a sportshot(100rd) most of the time,but a good 50 rounder would probably be an APP hopper,or an old winchester if you can find one.

2.my field gets alot of renters,so playing aggressivly isn't that hard.But against semis,I usually play snake or dorito,and will occasionally YOLO it and run up to the 50.That strategy only works well if you are a fast runner,so I sadly fail this alot.

(My favorite)3.I like Jack links Teryaki jerky over pretty much everything else.

As for tips,just try to be a little more aggressive than usual.And don't waste all your paint just pinning someone down.If you only have 50 rounds,that will burn by alot faster than you think when laning.

#3 Inmycrosshairs

Inmycrosshairs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

ya. Find a app hopper or winchester. I got a winchester and after using a GXG the winchester is like a electronic hopper. feeds great. :P
Movie allot and practice allot of your snap shooting. Even playing speedballers. just being agressive will help allot. Moving to the front. letting them lane you and listening for a bunker, if it comes snap out and get them. Posted Image

I personally like moving snake side well playing but that is me.

Not sure about the beef Jerky. Though it may help. Cause it is yummy Posted Image

Playing Pump = Awesomeness!!!
Feedback +4 / -0

Phantom pump!    Undercocked Extras!!!!

http://www.techpb.co...ing-kit-extras/

#4 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

In 50 rounds app or winchester as mentioned. Winchester is the better feeding one.
Open class you can play any position, but be mindful of your paint carry limitations. E.g. you can't be hosing it out from the back corner if you are only taking 100 rounds on the field. But you can be effective at almost any position, closer up you can work your snapshooting, further back you can take several shots at people trying to drop one on them before they notice. Snapshooting is key though, build that skill well.
IMO these are the best beef jerky, but personal preference of course: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B006V3TMUO
Get em at costco.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#5 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

i have a 200 round shake n shoot. Love it. I primarily play back/mid and move when ever i can. I'm usually calling out as many positions as i can. I play as tight as i can get in bunker so i can snap out at any given moment.

#6 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

My general suggestion for pump is look twice, shoot once.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#7 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

that's funny, everytime i see a cocker i always think its a shame it's not a pump :lol:
i use the one & only winchester with 10 rnd tube feed built in my lid. my lid is also not stock i got it from one of my old pods (much easier to use)

i would really suggest putting the 10 round tube feed insert in the lid. if you don't have time reloading a minipod, then you can load 10 rounds in a snap. very simple to make here's my thread on it http://www.techpb.co...2
and much more efficient way to carry paint on the field. i just use a baseball belt and sewed loops to hold the tubes. and i throw a 2 pod harness on the belt its very lightweight and easy to run with. If you'd like to see a picture just let me know

i know this doesn't just go with OC but with SC as well, ALWAYS use good paint when playing pump! this makes a huge difference i cant tell you how many times i looked like an idiot on the field trying to shoot someone in the open not very far away while missing every shot. an easy fix but take my word for it

if you have a different mindset while playing stock class, you can always play as if you were playing sc but you'll have more paint when you need it. always be aggressive and sneaky. try to make moves that aren't typical and snapping is key

#8 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Personally I feel more restricted in OC then SC. In my opinion the freedom of movement with a SC out weighs the increased ammo capacity of OC. I do agree that if you were playing OC it may be wise to have the option of speed reload with 10 round tubes. I've seen some guys reload very quickly with full pods. Depending on your set up and comfort level a 10 round my be more versitial in that you have more options of placement on your rig. At times it may be more acsesable.

#9 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

1.) I have found that tall stack hoppers work well if you're trying to shoot quickly in OC. You're right about the GXG one's. I literally shot and broke a friend's GXG lid off when we were snap-shooting against each-other. I had a winchester that I'm surprised didn't break. I then switched to the APP 50 round hopper which is very durable. I wish they would combine the durability of the APP with the shape of the winchester. Or better yet, make a motorized 50 round hopper... Posted Image

2.) I like to play up front and snap with people. The tighter profile makes it harder for them to hit anything major especially if I'm playing SC. I also like to run around the field a lot though.

3.) Any beef jerky is good beef jerky to me man. Posted Image

Edited by SuicideLemming, 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#10 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

1) I use an APP 50 and have never needed anything else. I choose it over my sport shot because it is tiny. Never tried a Winchester.
2) I play very aggressively, near suicidally. Sometimes, I get shot out of the break, other times I shoot out 9 people and cap the flag. When playing against good players I tone it down abit, but I still advance a lot. Really, as a pumper, you first problems will be Accuracy and volume of fire. Until you know where your gun is going to shoot, it will be hard to predict where that first shot will go. To address both of these faults, I flank. It's really easy to shoot the other time in the back and since you are only shooting single shots, it will be hard to tell where they are coming from. get a good angle and suddenly that 12.5 bps fire rate means nothing against your pump.
(use good paint+move a lot +play a lot +carry a foam sword +wear a Panda hat= strike fear into the other player's hearts.). I pay open class and nearly never shoot more than 50 rnds a game. I have a high paint to elimination ratio, some games I don't miss a single shot. That's just me, I'm also very poor so I make em count.
3) Before games I like to send up a quick prayer to Velcor, the god of pump paintball and write opponents names on paintballs. I also shout some sort of battle cry off the break.

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#11 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Before games I like to send up a quick prayer to Velcor, the god of pump paintball and write opponents names on paintballs. I also shout some sort of battle cry off the break.
[/quote]

i think the balls you write on are going to do nothing but miss the only person you wrote the name for haha but then again, a sharpie'd paintball might leave a stain on the opponent making them totally regret playing against you :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users