22 replies to this topic

#1 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

hello, i was wondering if anyone knows where to buy good iron sights!
i have a 2001 sniper, and i tried a red dot sight but it got shot just too many times in its dissapointingly short life.
i used to have an A-5, and i loved the sights that gun had.

i saw some on RAP4's websight, but they were ridiculousy expensive...

does anybody even have iron sights on their pump guns?
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#2 BOOM

BOOM

BRING DA RUCKUS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm about to I'm turning my cocker into a stock class then I'm going to attach something on the top of that

~misfeeds are the enemy~ - canadian ballers club/pump players clan

#3 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, I think they would be usefull!

Theres been so many times where I wished i just had a nice pair of sights on my gun to line up my shots with.

I'm pretty good at shooting by reflex but in those calmer moments I think they would be great when your aiming at an unsuspecting player.

Plus they would look sweet, lol

#4 EDDAKA

EDDAKA

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

If it has a sight rail I'd pick up an Armson sight.

You keep both eyes open to use it and it uses sunlight, so it never runs out of batteries.

http://www.proteamdi...prodsigsys.html

Edited by EDDAKA, 27 March 2009 - 10:12 PM.

#5 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

or a phantom ghost ring?

#6 BOOM

BOOM

BRING DA RUCKUS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

now cheap-o thats way to simple of a solution :P

~misfeeds are the enemy~ - canadian ballers club/pump players clan

#7 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Ooo the phantom ghost ring!
i never thought of that.
thats definate possibility

#8 EDDAKA

EDDAKA

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

The phantom ghost ring is not a sight.

All it does is narrow your vision within the site hood. It cannot be used as sight.

#9 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

doesnt it have a post in the middle?

#10 EDDAKA

EDDAKA

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

yes but you cannot adjust this post. The post just tightens down on the feedtube.

Think about it....Why do iron sites have the bead in the front? So you can line up the back and front sights. A ghost ring is like only using the back part of the iron sights.

#11 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

yes but you cannot adjust this post. The post just tightens down on the feedtube.

Think about it....Why do iron sites have the bead in the front? So you can line up the back and front sights. A ghost ring is like only using the back part of the iron sights.

why dont you make a front site?

#12 EDDAKA

EDDAKA

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

How do you propose to fasten the front sight to the barrel?

#13 DanDaMan

DanDaMan

The Spandex Terror

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Duct tape. :lol:

OK, I'll leave now....

-DDM

#14 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Duct tape. :lol:

OK, I'll leave now....

-DDM

What he said :) I'm from langford, give me a break

#15 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

one of my freinds had an old f2 illustrator and it had a fron site that was just a little rubber ring with a nub sticking out, it just slid over the barral

#16 old_school_player

old_school_player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Not to be "that guy", but sights are a little silly. It's easier to just learn how your marker shoots and adjust from there. Besides it even if you sight it in properly the entire trajectory will change when you use a different kind of paint.

#17 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, your right old school, the skill that you get from learning the paintballs arc and looking down the barral to aim does work, and Im pretty good at that.

but, I remeber when I had my A-5, and I rememeber a few games I played at night in an open feild at night with a few of my freinds, so I couldn't see my paintballs flying in the air, so I started using the A-5's sights, and i gotta tell you i hit what i was aiming at! repeatedly, and we were pretty evenly spaced, id guess we were like 75 feet away from eachother.

so there not essential, yeah, but i think they would proby be nice to have, just in case your in a situation

why would your trajectory change with different paint if you always chronoed to the same speed?
assuming your using good paintballs that are decently round

#18 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, your right old school, the skill that you get from learning the paintballs arc and looking down the barral to aim does work, and Im pretty good at that.

but, I remeber when I had my A-5, and I rememeber a few games I played at night in an open feild at night with a few of my freinds, so I couldn't see my paintballs flying in the air, so I started using the A-5's sights, and i gotta tell you i hit what i was aiming at! repeatedly, and we were pretty evenly spaced, id guess we were like 75 feet away from eachother.

so there not essential, yeah, but i think they would proby be nice to have, just in case your in a situation

why would your trajectory change with different paint if you always chronoed to the same speed?

Say your sights work great with 680 paint, but then you have to buy/use some 685 paint, you will be getting more velocity (less air escaping for the overbore), and a little more consistancy

#19 old_school_player

old_school_player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Say your sights work great with 680 paint, but then you have to buy/use some 685 paint, you will be getting more velocity (less air escaping for the overbore), and a little more consistancy

Yeah, that kind of explains it, but the problem is even with quality paint, different batches and brands will vary enough to fly differently. Say you shoot Evil one day and it curves left near the end of its path, then you shoot Chronic and it curves right. Even at close ranges paint varies so much in it's path that you can't get an accurate sighting-in. Not only that, but if you hold your marker differently than you shoot in-game then the sights will be off, as well.

Iron sights are nice on rentals though, when you aren't used to the marker and you need a point of reference.

#20 GrenadeMaster

GrenadeMaster

Be A Doer - Not A Talker

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Not to be "that guy", but sights are a little silly. It's easier to just learn how your marker shoots and adjust from there. Besides it even if you sight it in properly the entire trajectory will change when you use a different kind of paint.

I am with them I just got back from playing with my phantom with out using a red dot or ghost ring, or any sort of sight at all, first time I ever did that... I will never return to any kind of sight.

I can honestly sit here and tell you I DOUBLED my normal eliminations as soon as I got rid of the sights. Just trust yourself, your skills and your gun. I was hitting some pretty crazy shots that I shouldn't have been hitting (luck?). And head shots where natural at 60-70 foot without sites, with sites I always had trouble getting head shots at 50. That and guns/hoppers... don't know how many of those I shot today.

People need to learn to get ALL of them behind the tree... because I will shoot your gun even if you arn't behind it.

Plus, it really improved my snapshooting game. Don't know why, but you just start to get a feel for where the ball is going to go, and the snapshot becomes more natural even within the day.
There's two kinds of people in this world when you boil it all down. You got your talkers and you got your doers. Most people are just talkers, all they do is talk. But when it is all said and done, it's the doers that change this world. And when they do that, they change us, and that's why we never forget them. So which one are you? Do you just talk about it, or do you stand up and do something about it?

#21 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

lol, well said grenademaster.

#22 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

My primary gun is a C3, not just my pump guns, outta my semis and electros too, and I gotta tell ya, I`m very proficient at the instictive guesstimating technique without sights, but with my dialed in C3 (which has sights stock like almost all Tippmanns) I can snipe through the holes in most bunkers and such with 1st round hits like crazy. Thats with most paint I have run through it reguardless of size and brand. I`m not saying it longballs at 100m, but then again, I`m an up close and personal kind of player anyway. If I miss, then I #@$&ed up big time cuz I`m usually close enough to throw the gun and hit you square on. The way I see it, with semi play, instinctive tradjectory shooting and snapshots are the norm, and you can use these techniques with pump play as well, but the sights attached and sighted in before the days play with whatever paint you loaded in can sure help the eliminations come easier....and that`s my two cents, back to Ken with the Weather after the brake!
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#23 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hyper necro. <_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users