• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Does anyone remember the Special Ops Paintball Action Ghillie, back when they were doing incredible things for the woodsball world, before they tanked and things never went back to the good ole days?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I bought into the Advanced Action Ghillie Kit, put out by a former member of the Special Ops Factory team and recently rediscovered it in my closet. Today I figured I'd go see how it worked (if it still did or not). Keep in mind that up here in Minnesota, we just had one of worst snowfalls all year, in the middle of April... And just for the sake of not snagging my pants on every thorn bush, I just wore black rain pants instead.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

My question to all of you, does anyone still use this? Or have most people that use Ghillie fallen back into the traditional burlap style?

#2 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I still see ghillie suits from time to time. I recall someone using one of these at LL last year or the year before. I think UV Halo also uses one these if not a very similar version. I think ghillie purists prefer the Burlap just because its easier to match it to the local environment. However the action ghillie does do a good job of breaking up your outline which is one of the primary functions of a ghillie.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#3 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think UV Halo also uses one these if not a very similar version.

I've used similar material (Artillery or Camo Netting), material on my mask and gun but, not as a sheet.

In my opinion, you need to look at where you will be playing. I find Burlap/Jute much more effective in areas have a lot of grass in an amongst the other vegetation. I prefer artillery netting in areas that have a much higher density of leaves.

I was never a fan of the specops version as pictured for a couple reasons:
  • The folded squares of material greatly enhances bounce and adds un-needed bulk to the suit.
  • I'd rather have smooth frontal or crawling surfaces.

#4 your_colourful_elimination

your_colourful_elimination

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

<p>

I think UV Halo also uses one these if not a very similar version.

I've used similar material (Artillery or Camo Netting), material on my mask and gun but, not as a sheet.In my opinion, you need to look at where you will be playing. I find Burlap/Jute much more effective in areas have a lot of grass in an amongst the other vegetation. I prefer artillery netting in areas that have a much higher density of leaves.I was never a fan of the specops version as pictured for a couple reasons:
  • The folded squares of material greatly enhances bounce and adds un-needed bulk to the suit.
  • I'd rather have smooth frontal or crawling surfaces.

Agreed. Own burlap and fabric mix ghillie I made. Shirt only, no ghillie pants. My back, hood, and upper arms are scruffy across my chest. My stomach, elbows and forearms are bare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users