• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

I cant decide. I need some help. Specs, and reasons are preferred. I enjoy the large opening and technical advances of the z2. but also like the durability, style, and have always wanted a rotor. also a spire is too expensive seeing as how the z2 is 130 and rotor is 150 and both have cheaper speedfeeds. I might just have to wait till my irthday and get a spire
Thanks,
Gnarlee

Edited by gnarlee, 20 April 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#2 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

imo i think z2s are complicated. i know mike has a great video comparing the roter prophecy and i think pinokio also.

#3 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Mikes vid was of the old prophecy

#4 MinnesotaPaintballer

MinnesotaPaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

I just recently acquired a z2. What made me choose it over a rotor was mostly aesthetics, because it's just that close. I'm more of a lid user, so the magnetic lid really appealed to me. Being able to use AA batteries was another plus. Also, the fact that not everybody has one sets it apart from the rotor. Since I'm a lid user, it was also nice that the Prophecy speedfeeds open like a lid. That can also be useful for tourney players that want to put the max amount of paint in their hopper before a game.

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Rotor over z2 simply because it is not like an 8 piece design. You clamp it on and it stays on. No moving around.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I chose aesthetics over the indestructable.
Z2 looks awsome but it just feels fragile, I regret not getting the rotor

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Z2
Cheaper, softer on paint, larger capacity, lighter, cheaper, bigger lid and a ripdrive.
Rotor
More color options, better battery life

#8 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have heard of wobbling feednecks on the z2 and how much of a difference does the bigger lid make the lid is the main reason The z2 is a competitor that and jamming less but my friends rotors never jam

#9 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Rotor hands down.

I love you.

#10 MinnesotaPaintballer

MinnesotaPaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I have heard of wobbling feednecks on the z2 and how much of a difference does the bigger lid make the lid is the main reason The z2 is a competitor that and jamming less but my friends rotors never jam

Feedneck wobble? No.... The lid isn't exactly gigantic, but it's definitely easier to get the paint in the loader compared to other high ends. It's not perfectly round, I think that's what helps.

#11 recklessbob

recklessbob

Welts Don't Wipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

I love my z2 man and for 130 you really cant beat that price new

sounds like wayne brady is gonna have to choke a bitch.

AXE F/S/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217311
68/4500-
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=215637

#12 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

I still cant decide i am leaning to the rotor at 150 i mkght save up for the sprire or just get it without a speedfeed

#13 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

A z2 at 130 is a steal. In my eyes the z2 is far superior-the auto unjam features is less stuff to think about and troubleshoot on the field, the mouth for loading paint is much larger and in turn more paint in the loader, it holds more paint for being able to hold a stream longer before going to reload, and as contrary to popular belief, the Z2 is not that complicated once you understand how it goes together.

Granted the Z2 does not have the battery life of the rotor, but it does have the rip drive incase you happen to go out with dead batteries on the field. I love the Z2 and if you don't mind about an extra minute of disassembly if you need to clean out the loader from a broken ball in it and can afford to change batteries more often and don't mind doing so, the Z2 is great.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#14 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

It seems like the consensus is the z2 is better I still can't decide I prefer the looks and durability of the rotor and also I feel like the z2 is the same as my halo too

#15 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

It seems like the consensus is the z2 is better I still can't decide I prefer the looks and durability of the rotor and also I feel like the z2 is the same as my halo too

There really isn't enough of a difference between the superloaders to say that one is clearly better than the other. They all work amazingly, and the pros and cons are all pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Pick the one that is in your price range, looks best to you, and has all the little features you like. It's not like having a quickly disassembled loader will make or break your game.

#16 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I have both, and surprisingly, the Z2 holds all my attention. I've had more jams in my Rotor in 2 weeks than my Z2 has in 3 months.

#17 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

I would go rotor since theyre tough as fuck, battery life is amazing, and as long as you don't feed it Wal-Mart paint, no jams. That's the only time I ever got jams, when I put Wal-Mart paint through it.

#18 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

I've used both and enjoyed both, currently using a Z2 howver

#19 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

I have seen way more Z2s go down than I have seen rotors go down. Plus the z2 feed lid pops up and spills out paint and it doesn't feel super solid.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users