• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jake_parish

jake_parish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

Im starting to get into paintball, i have been looking at the 300$$ range guns, i was wondering what would b the better gun to buy the Proto slg, or the Dangerous Power G3. take into mind maintance of the gun, better quality. At the moment im leaning more twards the slg but jus wanna get some good advise first thanks for the help

#2 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

I love my G3!!!

The only thing I prefer on the SLG is the reg. however I have a new one on my G3...

So now I just prefer the G3. :P

Edited by Texas Cheezburgr, 28 March 2009 - 12:24 AM.

This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#3 Lucky 3

Lucky 3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

09 SLG UL is awesome gun. But also take into account that the G3 already has a 14" barrel, on/off ASA, and lever lock feedneck. G3 does not have PSP 3 shot on its board, but i believe you can upgrade it for cheap. The SLG has 11" barrel, no on/off asa, and an alright clamping feedneck. The board already has the modes you need. The SLG has hyper 3 regulator which is really good and amazing. I bought 14" and on/off asa all for around $70.

Maintenance on the SLG is really easy, one complete turn of the bolt cap and its off. Easy to clean, lube, and put back together. I have no expierance with the G3 but i bet it's also pretty easy to maintenance.

Edited by Lucky 3, 28 March 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#4 jake_parish

jake_parish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

09 SLG UL is awesome gun. But also take into account that the G3 already has a 14" barrel, on/off ASA, and lever lock feedneck. G3 does not have PSP 3 shot on its board, but i believe you can upgrade it for cheap. The SLG has 11" barrel, no on/off asa, and an alright clamping feedneck. The board already has the modes you need. The SLG has hyper 3 regulator which is really good and amazing. I bought 14" and on/off asa all for around $70.

Maintenance on the SLG is really easy, one complete turn of the bolt cap and its off. Easy to clean, lube, and put back together. I have no expierance with the G3 but i bet it's also pretty easy to maintenance.

i just bought a 09 ul slg last night with olive green finish =-) what type of barrel and asa would u recomend i will probaly spend some money to upgrade that

#5 jake_parish

jake_parish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

on the Dangerous power g3s are the limited edition guns, the ones that run for 430$ are they any better or is it just limited edition color on the gun.

#6 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'd take the G3.

Once you replace the board, Reg, barrel, and maybe the trigger, you've got an awesome gun.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#7 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

the g3 is way better than the slg

G3 Owners#4~Rotor Owners~Ninja Tank Club#4~V-Force Owners#17Parents Don't Pay(council)
If your parents don't pay for your gear CLICK HERE!!!!!

#8 jake_parish

jake_parish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

yea but once you spend all the money on upgrading the board, reg, trig and barrel you could probaly jus go and buy the etek

#9 showard54

showard54

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

SLG
Current Setup -
SP-1, CP Tactical W/Apex Tip, Python Kit, Ninja 68/45, Halo B W/Rip, Proto Pro Axis W/Yellow Lense

#10 Lazyazzmofo2795

Lazyazzmofo2795

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

SLG reason why is 4 people on my Pb team got g3's an F8's brand new an all 4 had problems. an there still now fixed so i would get the SLg

#11 pballer84

pballer84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

i would go g3. another great gun is the invert mini. great gun. fast, reliable, and cheap. i have 1, and never had a problem with it.

#12 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

yea but once you spend all the money on upgrading the board, reg, trig and barrel you could probaly jus go and buy the etek

1)you only have to upgrade the board if you play tourneys
2)the new g3's cone w/ a fixed reg, and the old ones have a free upgrade from dangerous power
3)there is nothing wrong w/ the trigger, some people just dont like it
4)the stock barrel is great, there is no real reason to upgrade it.

any other concerns you have?

Edited by axxo209, 28 March 2009 - 09:32 PM.

G3 Owners#4~Rotor Owners~Ninja Tank Club#4~V-Force Owners#17Parents Don't Pay(council)
If your parents don't pay for your gear CLICK HERE!!!!!

#13 Lucky 3

Lucky 3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

i just bought a 09 ul slg last night with olive green finish =-) what type of barrel and asa would u recomend i will probaly spend some money to upgrade that

On mine i bought CP stuff.

CP ASA I bought the 2k5 one but i bet that Pro mini would be awesome too. Dust black looks good but you could also get the green to match the little bit of olive green you got on your gun.

CP Barrel This is the one i bought, works like a charm. .693 bore size Cocker threaded. or if you want you could get 2 piece. Dust black back to match the gun, then a green front for the olive green you have.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users