• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

I bought an empire jersey along with empire pants from a friend who was getting out of paintball. Turns out his parent's smoke and the smell is attached to the clothes no matter what I've done to them. Febreze has met its match. I've washed them (dunked them in water and hung them out to dry in the breeze), dry cleaned them and nothing has worked. Do u guys have any idea how i can get the smell of cigarettes out of the clothes? If i can't then I don't want to wear them because of second hand smoke and wouldn't want to sell them to somebody else and give them the same problem. Any suggestions will be tried (logical ones at least) and are appreciated. Thanks

Edited by PaintballPassion, 21 April 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#2 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Second hand smoke is actually breathing in the smoke. You're just smelling it.

Hang them outside a couple days.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#3 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Second hand smoke is actually breathing in the smoke. You're just smelling it.

Hang them outside a couple days.

Oh well its still an unpleasant smell. then would it be 3rd hand smoking? lol

#4 boston baller

boston baller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

ya hang them outside, my parents smoke to so i just cover my shit with old spice spray

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

I bought an empire jersey along with empire pants from a friend who was getting out of paintball. Turns out his parent's smoke and the smell is attached to the clothes no matter what I've done to them. Febreze has met its match. I've washed them (dunked them in water and hung them out to dry in the breeze), dry cleaned them and nothing has worked. Do u guys have any idea how i can get the smell of cigarettes out of the clothes? If i can't then I don't want to wear them because of second hand smoke and wouldn't want to sell them to somebody else and give them the same problem. Any suggestions will be tried (logical ones at least) and are appreciated. Thanks

Piss on them. Piss all over them then clean them normally. Piss kills the smoke smell then you clean off the piss.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Get them Dry cleaned. The smoke smell is held in the oil / tar that collects in the clothes fibers. Remove that and you will remove the smell.

There is also a product called Zero Odor that seems to work rather well

#7 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Piss on them. Piss all over them then clean them normally. Piss kills the smoke smell then you clean off the piss.

I'm not sure if i should take this seriously or not....This will be my last option.

Get them Dry cleaned. The smoke smell is held in the oil / tar that collects in the clothes fibers. Remove that and you will remove the smell.

There is also a product called Zero Odor that seems to work rather well

Alright, ill try that.

#8 ivera23

ivera23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Wash them with baking soda that works great at getting rid of odors. My son threw up milk on my carpet anf i could not get rid of the smell untill i sprayed baking soda on it. Give it a shoy i think it will work.

#9 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

You can also make a mix of vinegar and water and spray it on, then let it air dry. This place has a few recipes, just leave out the essential oils for a fragrance free spray. http://www.keeperoft...ing-sprays.html
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#10 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

This has got to be my favorite piece of advice I have ever read yet.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#11 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

OK so this is my plan in order to deal with the smell, air dry without any added formulas. Then it would be dry cleaning, then washing with baking soda, then spraying water mixed with vinegar on it and if none of that works, then pissing on it will have to work haha

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Im serious about piss. It works. Dont ask how I discovered this.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#13 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Im serious about piss. It works. Dont ask how I discovered this.

I'm not really sure I ever want to know how you discovered it. thanks for the suggestion though.

#14 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I let them sit outside in the bright sunshine for a couple hours and that seems to have done the trick. The odor is 99 percent gone.

#15 Manch Vegas Baller

Manch Vegas Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Kinda want to find a smoke infused shirt, pee on it, then wash it to see haha

Current set up
Gun:LE PDD Axe
Loader:V3 Rotor
Tank:Ninja 45/45
Axe FS/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222591

#16 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

I let them sit outside in the bright sunshine for a couple hours and that seems to have done the trick. The odor is 99 percent gone.

Still need to piss on it to get that last bit of stink out of them.

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Urine. It always works.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#18 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I really don't want to piss on the jersey and pants that I'll be wearing. I know it'll probably wash off along with the smell but it would just bother me while i play. Just having that in the back of my mind isn't something I'd like.

#19 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Use an oxi clean or some other oxidizer. Works well on smoke. Tide works great too, especially in combo.

#20 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Urine. It always works.

this is what ive heard

#21 DoomCookie

DoomCookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Try frebreze in a silver bottle for auto.. I used for my car and it suck the smell right out. I think you can get it at the dollar store.

#22 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

scented paintballs could be funny. smoke and banana... heh... reminds me of 2010...

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#23 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Urine. It always works.

this is what ive heard

It has enzymes in it that kill just about anything. and think about how many times you pissed the bed as a kid. You still slept in it.

#24 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Urine. It always works.

this is what ive heard

It has enzymes in it that kill just about anything. and think about how many times you pissed the bed as a kid. You still slept in it.

This and the Ph value of certain urines :). Works wonders against athlete foot too btw.

#25 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

And then easy alot of fiber and well.....then it will take away from the cigarette smell.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#26 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

if you can't get that last little bit of smoke smell out, and pissing on them is out of the question.. try and all jokes aside slicing a few flat pieces of an apple about a 1/4 thick and placing them inside of the jersey and pants and let them air outside.. the apple acts like a sponge and an odor absorber, i've used this method in several cars ive purchased from smokers and it def works.

#27 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Just piss on them you pussy!!! Man up and piss it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users