Photo

What upgrades to get to my axe?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: What upgrades to get to my axe? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which should I invest in?

1. Custom Case (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Barrel (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Boss Bolt V2 (14 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

I am looking to upgrade my empire axe, and was wondering to EITHER get the boss bolt V2, OR a new barrel or make a custom case for it. Please tell me why.

Edited by NICKMISIU, 26 April 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#2 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

I wouldn't really upgrade it. It's a great shooter out of the box. The case sounds like a pretty cool idea :tup:
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Have you put into question as to why you need these upgrades?
What's the case going to do for you? It's not really an upgrade anyways, and you could do this for any gun.
What's a new barrel going to do for you?
What's the boss bolt going to do for you? And have you considered other bolts? Such as Lurker?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

The bolt is the only thing which will make a noticable difference in how the gun performs.

#5 McAwesomeVille

McAwesomeVille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

The bolt is the only thing that you can buy for it that will actually make the gun better. Get a lurker bolt

#6 Stonethorn

Stonethorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

I would highly recommend the Boss V2 bolt. I have that in my axe and it shoots lasers while being whisper quiet.

#7 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Paint, to shoot out of it. Best upgrade I got for my paintball guns. Gets you so many more eliminations! Its also compatible with most guns on the market!

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 22 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#8 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

im going to just answer the OP and id say it would be between the barrel and the boss bolt. Barrel if you find it difficult to push bunkers and aim due to the 12 inch stock barrel. Boss bolt if the barrel doesn't bother you and you really like quiet shots.

#9 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

This.

You should have some idea why you want to make a change to your setup, aside from because its there.

I have wasted more cash than I care to admit dabbling with mods and upgrades in guns I don't even use or own anymore.

In my opinion, most mods do not make any sense. I can make a case for a handful of them, but especially in the mid range and high end gear there is little to no reason for them.

#10 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Paint, to shoot out of it. Best upgrade I got for my paintball guns. Gets you so many more eliminations! Its also compatible with most guns on the market!

This is jokes^

What's the case going to do for you? It's not really an upgrade anyways, and you could do this for any gun.
What's a new barrel going to do for you?
What's the boss bolt going to do for you? And have you considered other bolts? Such as Lurker?

The bolt would make the shooting nicer, but I'm fine the way it is.
The barrel will make for less chops, if there are any, but I guess I don't really need it yet...
The case will protect the marker, and my hopper, rather than a crappy old box...
Thanks! You made me think
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#11 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

The bolt is the only thing that you can buy for it that will actually make the gun better. Get a lurker bolt

I'm not necessarily looking for how the gun preforms, as I think it shoots ropes the way it is. Now that I know how to tune it thanks to this vid, i could probably go down to 165psi as my field allows 240fps.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ihoMJ-ziQ

#12 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

This is jokes^

The barrel will make for less chops, if there are any, but I guess I don't really need it yet...
The case will protect the marker, and my hopper, rather than a crappy old box...

It's jokes but not really. Buying high quality paint makes for better accuracy and more breaks when you hit opponents.

Barrels will most certainly not affect how often the marker chops. Have you used said axe yet? Because if you are chopping, there is something wrong (more than likely shitty paint) because the axe is really easy on paint and can go through case after case without chopping. If you meant barrel breaks, your reasoning is still wrong. The stock barrel is a .691. It is rare for modern paint to be anywhere near that size. The only good reasons to get a new barrel are to start underboring your paint or to have better bunker manipulation.

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 22 April 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#13 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

This is jokes^

It's jokes but not really. Buying high quality paint makes for better accuracy and more breaks when you hit opponents.

Barrels will most certainly not affect how often the marker chops. Have you used said axe yet? Because if you are chopping, there is something wrong (more than likely shitty paint) because the axe is really easy on paint and can go through case after case without chopping. If you meant barrel breaks, your reasoning is still wrong. The stock barrel is a .691. It is rare for modern paint to be anywhere near that size. The only good reasons to get a new barrel are to start underboring your paint or to have better bunker manipulation.

nothing wrong with chopping no. I'm just gonna go out a get a custom case.

#14 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I had the same questions just a week or two ago myself and took the advice of orange chicken.. dude knew his shit!! i copped a disruptive barrel and a boss bolt, i havent dialed the bolt in yet but the disruptive barrel looks sick and hushed eleanor down quite a bit.

disruptive barrel-35.00 plus 8.00 to ship to me
boss v2 bolt-35.00 plus 6.00 to ship
sniping a group of asian newbs that had no idea where i was... priceless..

bottom line, the axe is awesome out of the box, but the upgrades do make it better, for a small investment i feel it was worth it..

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I had the same questions just a week or two ago myself and took the advice of orange chicken.. dude knew his shit!! i copped a disruptive barrel and a boss bolt, i havent dialed the bolt in yet but the disruptive barrel looks sick and hushed eleanor down quite a bit.

disruptive barrel-35.00 plus 8.00 to ship to me
boss v2 bolt-35.00 plus 6.00 to ship
sniping a group of asian newbs that had no idea where i was... priceless..

bottom line, the axe is awesome out of the box, but the upgrades do make it better, for a small investment i feel it was worth it..

Daww.... im blushing now ;)

#16 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

hey man you and everybody else on tpb has been awesome, i hate to take business away from local shops but you can't beat the deals and awesome advice on here.
love the disruptive barrel, can't be beat for 35$ just hope to get the damn bolt dialed in before this weekend.

#17 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Boss bolt will make it smoother and more efficient.

Posted Image

Just don't drop your marker and you should be fine with the normal box.

#18 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Haha^^
[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#19 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

Now I feel stupid...

#20 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Posted Image

Now I feel stupid...

dude don't sweat it, these guys just get this same question pretty often.. i asked and got the same response, they all know what it's like starting out and are extremly patient and full of knowledge. if you offer them a can of vienna sausages or some bacon flavored spam they'll gladly continue to help.. :D

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Or if you give me the metaphorical air pressure for my Ego -take that as you will- and I will gladly light you up with knowledge.

#22 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

I try to have my fun when I answer the same questions. I am not trying to make you feel stupid.

Barrels have nothing to do with chops, chops are caused by the bolt.

#23 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Well i decided I do not really need upgrades, and I had a nice aluminum case lying around, so this is what happened:
Attached File  Case.jpg   33.96KB   11 downloads

Edited by NICKMISIU, 24 April 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#24 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Well i decided I do not really need upgrades, and I had a nice aluminum case lying around, so this is what happened:
Attached File  Case.jpg   33.96KB   11 downloads

Thats's really cool. Nicely done :tup:
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#25 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

i agree that upgrades are unnecessary for the axe but per the advice of orange chicken i purchased a disruptive two piece for 35.00 and it not only looks sick as shit it helped me aim a little easier and hushed the sound of the marker down. your choice, and the case looks great btw.

#26 Justbunkeredyou

Justbunkeredyou

That one airballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

It's not worth upgrading.

#27 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

the barrel? imo i'm very happy i spent the money on it, great look, nice sound reduction, better than the stock barrel for paint sizing.. how can u go wrong??

#28 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

the barrel? imo i'm very happy i spent the money on it, great look, nice sound reduction, better than the stock barrel for paint sizing.. how can u go wrong??

Some people are just fine with the stock barrel, and they have full right to be. The stock barrel will shoot just as well as any other barrel.

#29 JEEP GUY

JEEP GUY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

to each their own, i enjoy my new barrel and feel like it was a worthy investment.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users