• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pmartin9

Pmartin9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Looking to upgrade from my mini. I dont want the Techpb axe super obsession, and i already have a disruptive deathtouch so the stock barrels arent an issue. please provide reasons and dont sugest the alien invasion. im simply not interested

#2 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just poppit vs spool

What specifically are you looking for in a marker?

Edited by Filmer_jake, 22 April 2013 - 03:28 PM.

2011 Alien Independence, V2 Creed, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#3 Pmartin9

Pmartin9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

i couldnt care less about poppet or spool, although im partial to smooth shooters. i play exclusively semi auto so the axes trigger is a plus, but the smoothness and quietness of a spool is very appealing to me

#4 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you put in a boss or lurker bolt the axe will be as good or better in terms of smoothness and quietness, what a spoolie usually beats a poppit at

#5 Pmartin9

Pmartin9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

oh yea i almost forgot to add that my mini has the lurker bolt already installed

#6 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'd say go with an axe since you already pretty much know the gun already. Plus I'm not positive but you lurker bolt might be able to be moved over to the axe. I have the pro le pdd and love it. It's the first paintball gun I think I will never sell.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#7 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

IMHO, I think that you should go to for the axe. I had a mini, with a lurker bolt just like you, and I shot both the dx and the axe and there is just no comparing. Axe has a far better trigger, i like the ergos, and they are a really nice feel, upgrading from the mini. It is much smoother than the dx, even though it is a poppet. The axe is alos a much better shooter out of the box. Watch this vid, and you will be able to have low OP and very smooth shooting:
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#8 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'd say go with an axe since you already pretty much know the gun already. Plus I'm not positive but you lurker bolt might be able to be moved over to the axe. I have the pro le pdd and love it. It's the first paintball gun I think I will never sell.

This is correct. The bolt between the mini and axe is the same, and an axe with a lurker is really smooth.

You say you only play semi? Definitely get the axe. The drone trigger is ok, but the axe's is better. The axe will also win out as far as smoothness IMO. It can't be generalized with poppits due to the design of the internals, but it has great efficiency like a poppit and a really smooth shot like a spool especially with a lurker.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Well it is a poppet. But if tuned, it shoots like a smooth spool.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well it is a poppet. But if tuned, it shoots like a smooth spool.

Or as some say "poopit"

#11 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

i have had both. these are some important things for me when looking for a gun.

Trigger- axe, no doubt it is much better

ergos- the axe for me is a really comfortable gun to hold, I'm not sure why people don't like its ergos. The drone dx i found really uncomfortable to hold since it was really boxy, making it hard to play semi at least for me.

shot- i never shot them side by side, but the axe with a boss bolt sounded really quiet and i was never impressed by the drone's shot

customer service- the axe is also backed by KEE which has excellent cs.

the only thing i like better about the drone is the stock barrel and case.

#12 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

ergos- the axe for me is a really comfortable gun to hold, I'm not sure why people don't like its ergos. The drone dx i found really uncomfortable to hold since it was really boxy, making it hard to play semi at least for me.

I honestly think that most people don't like the axe ergos because they haven't held it with a tank. I've met a lot of people (myself included) that didn't like the feel of the axe on its own, however when I put my tank on it I fell in love because it was the perfect size for my big hands. The front grip is weird for sure, but with a tank it's easy to get used to not having your hand entirely wrapped around the front grip/ board assembly.

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

^Completely correct. I actually do not mind the ergos of the Axe one bit. It feels rather sturdy in your hands, especially with the amount of grabbing room they allow you to have. The only thing is that you have to hold it like a spool, which wasn't an issue for me because I shoots primarily spools anyways, but for some who shoot markers like eteks and egos and like to hold their gun from the bottom of the reg, it's just something to get used to.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

^Completely correct. I actually do not mind the ergos of the Axe one bit. It feels rather sturdy in your hands, especially with the amount of grabbing room they allow you to have. The only thing is that you have to hold it like a spool, which wasn't an issue for me because I shoots primarily spools anyways, but for some who shoot markers like eteks and egos and like to hold their gun from the bottom of the reg, it's just something to get used to.

i naturally grip em like spools so sticking my thumb up feels natural for me on the axe. With my g6r i had to get used to wrapping my thumb around the side behind the regulator. I actually never noticed how the axe feels weird without a tank and feels fine with a tank but now that i try it, that statement is actually true.

#15 Pmartin9

Pmartin9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Axe it is, thanks guys! I get it cheaper as well due to a sponsorship

#16 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Haha that's one of the reasons I own one lol

#17 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

The macdev just because you have a mini. Time to try something new yo!!!
109.gif

#18 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

I love my drone! I can't really say anything about the axe because I don't own one though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users