• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PBDream

PBDream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

So i'm looking into buying a new lens for my i4's and i don't know which one to get. I wan't one that would be good for woodsball/hyperball style play and speedball. I don't have any proshops where i can see the them for myself but i would like a lens that would still look cool with red i4's. Thanks!

#2 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

ans gear has good pics. and i would go with the gold lense. i have one and its great. its really good for those sunny days and okay on cloudy days.

#3 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

maybe a smoke lens. it will really help out playing out in the sun.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Do I need to nerd it up in here regarding lenses?
EDIT: Why the hell not?
So light passes through the lenses, in which sunlight composes of all natural colors of light visible to the human eye. All the other colors are absorbed whilst passing through the yellow lenses, except for yellow, which is reemitted through the lenses, which results in the yellow translucent tint of the lenses. At the same time, every color of light reflected from objects that are seen through the yellow lenses also have to go through the yellow lenses to reach the human eye, which results in the color being drastically changed. Certain colors are change to produce colors that are more noticeable to the human eye perception. Yellow-green is the brightest and most noticeable to the human eye, as a baseline.
Blue/cyan, when passing through yellow, creates a whitish color, which is very bright in contrast to say...green or orange, which are dimmed down due to having experiencing resonance with the atoms in the yellow light. The red, and blue, however, are not accepted as easily by the atoms pulsing with the yellow light, which results in the reflecting of the colors whilst going through the lenses, which, as we all know, all the colors, which results in a white coloring. Most paint may be purple, blue, or green, so this increases contrast of the paint flying towards you and slightly dimming out the rest of the colors, which increases human concentration on the paint as there is less to, in simple terms, 'notice'.
Now blue reflective lenses provide both dimming of the light passing through, due to the reflective lenses, as well as a blue tint, which in turn, for the most part, also assists in dimming the vision. Good for outdoor play.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 22 April 2013 - 08:50 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Do I need to nerd it up in here regarding lenses?
EDIT: Why the hell not?
So light passes through the lenses, in which sunlight composes of all natural colors of light visible to the human eye. All the other colors are absorbed whilst passing through the yellow lenses, except for yellow, which is reemitted through the lenses, which results in the yellow translucent tint of the lenses. At the same time, every color of light reflected from objects that are seen through the yellow lenses also have to go through the yellow lenses to reach the human eye, which results in the color being drastically changed. Certain colors are change to produce colors that are more noticeable to the human eye perception. Yellow-green is the brightest and most noticeable to the human eye, as a baseline.
Blue/cyan, when passing through yellow, creates a whitish color, which is very bright in contrast to say...green or orange, which are dimmed down due to having experiencing resonance with the atoms in the yellow light. The red, and blue, however, are not accepted as easily by the atoms pulsing with the yellow light, which results in the reflecting of the colors whilst going through the lenses, which, as we all know, all the colors, which results in a white coloring. Most paint may be purple, blue, or green, so this increases contrast of the paint flying towards you and slightly dimming out the rest of the colors, which increases human concentration on the paint as there is less to, in simple terms, 'notice'.
Now blue reflective lenses provide both dimming of the light passing through, due to the reflective lenses, as well as a blue tint, which in turn, for the most part, also assists in dimming the vision. Good for outdoor play.

You lost me...

#6 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

It also means everything is blue, which is not fun.

I love you.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Actually the blue lenses are more red on the inside and the red reflecive ones are bluish from the insed IMO. Think about it this way, if blue light is reflected whats left to pass through?

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well blue isn't exactly reflected, it's just there as a tint which is transmitted throughout the structure, and the reflectiveness is just reflectiveness separately. I have to get a good look on them to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it's that.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Well blue isn't exactly reflected, it's just there as a tint which is transmitted throughout the structure, and the reflectiveness is just reflectiveness separately. I have to get a good look on them to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it's that.

I've looked through a pair of the blue flash and red fire or whatever they're called and that's just how it looked to me.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 22 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#10 PBDream

PBDream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

So is it the blue one you are recommending?

#11 PBDream

PBDream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

And I guess I should have added this in the other post but I have a minor color deficiency and I'm missing red pigment in my eyes.

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

And I guess I should have added this in the other post but I have a minor color deficiency and I'm missing red pigment in my eyes.

Red pigment or red light receptors in your retina?

#13 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

If you play in all conditions I would just go with a clear lense. But, if you play in darker light conditions a Hi-Definition lense would be better. I use a Hidef lense and its awesome.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

If you play airball on a field without shade I would suggest smoke or mirrored though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users