1 reply to this topic

#1 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hey folks, I'm wondering if anyone has experience using a Victory to shoot reballs? I'm hearing people say they use Victories without issues but mine doesn't seem to like them. It shoots perfectly fine using paint but after about 5-6 hoppers of reballs my gun starts like a sputter thing, I'm almost certain its the reballs and not the gun since I haven't had issues shooting paint.

In more detail, the issue is basically like this: The gun will start to sputter (for lack of a better term) spitting paintballs out at an extremely low velocity, basically just rolling out of the gun until I degas it. It honestly seems like its just because the reballs dry out the bolt so quickly, if I re-oil the bolt it tends to fix it for a hopper or two then the issue returns. Also I should note that it is much faster then the ROF cap of 10 so I doubt its a trigger issue

• The brown doughnut is in perfect condition and is free of grease.
  • Dwell is stock (6)
  • ABS is set to 1 (off)
  • I don't think its a debounce/trigger issue because it doesn't happen with paint
  • As far as pressure I can't give numbers right now because I cleaned the reg and set the pressures to stock which means I'll need to adjust to lower velocity for reball field rules (250FPS)
I plan on hitting the reball field this Friday to try and get this thing running with reballs so I don't have to get rid of it, so far I've made some small adjustments to try and see if that works, just looking for suggestions on top of this:

• Replaced all o-rings on the engine
  • Bumped the dwell by 2ms (I know this usually helped with bolt stick issues when I was using my Geo2 for reballs)
  • Turned on ABS (Setting 2)
I should note also, it is a V2 so it is super charged, also I've read that I should try playing reball with the eyes off because I do find the eyes get clogged rather quickly with reball grime because they are so low in the breech (would installing 4C eyes fix this? the top hole doesn't seem to ever be plugged, or would it still not work due to the first eye hole being clogged?)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#2 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Any help? suggestions? or even confirmation that I might be on the right track?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users