1 reply to this topic

#1 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

So, quick questions. I am recovering from major leg surgery from Febuary 2012. I will be attending my first scenario events since the surgery on may 5th, and I'm medically cleared to do whatever I want as tolerated. Problem is, I have shin splint like issues due to the muscles in my legs being basically killed by surgery and being in a wheelchair for 2 months, and the issue still persists. I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best way going about the big game, and how to decrease pain before the game (exercise more, execise less, etc.). Any advice is helpful.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#2 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

So, quick questions. I am recovering from major leg surgery from Febuary 2012. I will be attending my first scenario events since the surgery on may 5th, and I'm medically cleared to do whatever I want as tolerated. Problem is, I have shin splint like issues due to the muscles in my legs being basically killed by surgery and being in a wheelchair for 2 months, and the issue still persists. I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best way going about the big game, and how to decrease pain before the game (exercise more, execise less, etc.). Any advice is helpful.

Try doing those rubber band exercises for your legs. I know when I had surgery for my ankle I was told to do them as a rehab. It helped a lot with getting some flexibility and strength back in my leg. It helped me recover quickly. You can probably youtube some of it if your doctor didn't show you. I still do them here in there almost 10 years later to keep rehab'n it.. It definitely still helps. I can tell a huge difference with how my ankle feels after I do them. I still stretch and exercise frequently but I should definitely use the rubber bands more often than I do. I recommend trying that it has helped me a ton.

Also try getting some Taurine supplements. It is suppose to help with shin splints. You can get a bottle of it pretty cheap like $10. There is taurine in energy drinks too, but it isn't enough to actually help, I would get the supplement.

Edited by Kirko017, 23 April 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users