13 replies to this topic

#1 Baba Fats

Baba Fats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hey guys,
I bought a trracer a few years back when I started to get back into the game. I never owned a pump before, and I really wanted to know what it was like to play pump against a bunch of semi and electros.
I loved it. I can't express how much I loved it. The only downside was my paint to barrel match, but I was using the stock barrel, and didn't know the size of the paint at the field. So my accuracy wasn't great. But who cares. I knew that was the only upgrade I'd really want for that gun.
After that day, like normal, I went home, laid out a towel, grabbed the manual, and took my marker apart to clean it. I laid out every piece I removed, wiped them down, relubed them, and put everything back together. I dry fired a few times (no air), and everything was moving and working in perfect order.

So I had some massive financial problems the next yew years, and didn't get to go out and play at all. I did shoot a few rounds in my backyard to get rid of the last of my air about a year ago. Again, everything was working great. Then I tucked it away in my gear bag, put it all in my basement with my other gear, and there is sat for the last year or so, completely untouched.
On to my problem. I was feeling a bit nostalgic recently, and went to dig out all of my gear and figure out what to do with it all. I knew I wanted to sell a few guns, anyway. But when I pulled out the trracer, I pumped it once, and it cocked, and fired. But when I pumped it again, nothing happened. Again and again, like a crazy person, I pumped and pulled the trigger. Nothing at all. So, I neatly set out a towel and took the gun apart to see if something was missing, or loose inside. When I found doesn't make sense to me.
With the hammer, spring, and bolt all lined up correctly in the tube, the bolt wasn't reaching far enough back to catch the hammer. So it has nothing to do with the trigger or frame (which was what I originally thought). It's only off by about 1-2mm, but it's enough. If it won't cock, it won't cock.
I did notice that when packed away, the pump is being compressed a tiny TINY amount. But That shouldn't be something that would cause this problem.

Any advice? If you need, I may be able to make a video of it, and show you exactly what I'm talking about.

I was planning on selling few of my guns, but keeping this one, and my Mac Dev Sonic cocker. I don't know how much I'll get out to play anymore, but this is a really fun marker to play with, and I want to keep it. But if this is going to be something that I'll have to dump money into, I may sell it as a fixer.

#2 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Doesn't it use nelson internals? i.e. Phantom Internals, they don't/cant cock without air attached.

I could be very very wrong though because I'm a Sheridan guy and don't like nelsons.

Edited by bowmasta, 24 April 2013 - 06:24 PM.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#3 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Doesn't it use nelson internals? i.e. Phantom Internals, they don't/cant cock without air attached.

I could be very very wrong though because I'm a Sheridan guy and don't like nelsons.

Likely the issue ^^^^

I wasn't able to cock my phantom without air.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#4 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Depends on the weight of the valve spring.

#5 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Depends on the weight of the valve spring.

I see. I couldn't stand my Phantom so I never really messed with it much.
The only thing I liked about it was the fact that it is on of the few markers that worked every single time I aired it up.

#6 Baba Fats

Baba Fats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

That would make so much more sense. When I screwed the tank in, I got what little air was left, and it fired once. But wouldn't after that. I heard a VERY faint hiss of air going into the gun, but I figured it wasn't enough to out any real pressure in. I could push the piston, on the tank, in with my finger.
I always wanted a Sheridan, back in the day, but could never find a place that sold them

Edited by Baba Fats, 25 April 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#7 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

That would make so much more sense. When I screwed the tank in, I got what little air was left, and it fired once. But wouldn't after that. I heard a VERY faint hiss of air going into the gun, but I figured it wasn't enough to out any real pressure in. I could push the piston, on the tank, in with my finger.
I always wanted a Sheridan, back in the day, but could never find a place that sold them

Welp, you have the internet now. MCB is full of brass ready to be bought up.

#8 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Most things brass live over on MCB. Some still roam the wilds but thats getting more and more rare.
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I remember someone saying "Asking for brass on MCB is like going to a grocery store and asking for food"

#10 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

what they said nelsons cant be cocked without air pressure

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#11 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

what they said nelsons cant be cocked without air pressure

Sure they can; it just depends on the weight of the valve spring.

#12 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Generally speaking Nelsons can't be cocked without pressure. If someone is well versed enough to have the right springs to be able to cock the gun while it is not aired up, then they probably are aware of how nelsons work.

#13 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Generally speaking Nelsons can't be cocked without pressure. If someone is well versed enough to have the right springs to be able to cock the gun while it is not aired up, then they probably are aware of how nelsons work.

A person doesn't necessarily put the springs that are in the gun they have in the gun...
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#14 pump'e

pump'e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Try gassing gun up first. That's how I fixed that problem. Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users