I want to get sponsored some tips?

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

you might want to elaborate a bit more.....

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I want to get sponsored some tips?

Play for a D3 or higher team.

Also lower ranked teams still often get field sponsorships.

Don't join a team cause you want a sponsorship though. Paintball can be an expensive sport and you shouldn't be expecting others to pay your way.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 24 April 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Xfactor

Xfactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

networking.

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

What do you have to offer a sponsor?

#6 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

playing on a team is more expensive than playing twice a month walkon, i do tourneys because i have the time to play every weekend.

Edited by marceldacs, 25 April 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#7 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sponsorship is nothing more than advertising. The question is how do you become visible enough in the sport and cultivate an image that the sponsors want associated with their product? The obvious answer is to become really good, good enough to join an above average team and make lots of events.

#8 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

There's a few kinds/levels of sponsorship. What are you expecting to get out of a vendor? What do you expect to give to them/contribute? These are all things you should have thought out pretty well before contacting a company.

If you are just wanting free goodies, forget it. You will never be cool enough to get free stuff for nothing.

If you think sponsorship is going to make paintball cheaper for you, the answer is "not really." Yes, there are perks to being sponsored here and there, but you will almost be paying MORE after being sponsored because you are going to be representing your sponsors at events, and lots more events than you may be going to right now.

The simplest form starting out is a business arrangement with a field. You can work there for entry or paint. It's not really "sponsorship" but it gets your foot in the door. Eventually, as you promote their events and help out, you can get other forms of local sponsorship deal through them. Every field will be different, so get to know your local field owners and go from there.

As far as getting sponsored by companies for product, well, it all boils down to what can you do for them?

Oh, and as someone already said, network. Network, network, network. Know everybody. And be someone people want to know.

#9 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

playing on a team is more expensive than playing twice a month walkon, i do tourneys because i have the time to play every weekend.

My team plays a tournament every 3 months. The minute we got sponsered our field/paint cost was cut 50%. I get field entry and paint for $60 instead of $100.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#10 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

What do you have to offer a sponsor?

This.

A sponsorship is a business negotiation. To get something from the company, you have to articulate what you can give them in return, and follow through.

So think, what can you give them in return, that would give them a greater return on their investment, which is what a sponsorship truly is, from their point of view.

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

My team plays a tournament every 3 months. The minute we got sponsered our field/paint cost was cut 50%. I get field entry and paint for $60 instead of $100.

right and how much doe the tournaments cost you :P

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

$60 is a lot for a case in my eyes.

#13 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

lol... what a deal. Posted Image

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#14 Blind Eye

Blind Eye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

If only someone had a lengthy video detailing all the different information on how to do this. . .

>Lengthy Sponsorship Video<

#15 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

right and how much doe the tournaments cost you :P

Well the first time we did it the ID and all that junk ran each of us $60 then another $100 for team entry to the tournament and then $60 for a case we each shot around 4 cases so the first time we played we spent $330. Now it is around $300 since we can reuse our IDs. Anyway our usual days of play we pay $60 each and since entry is $15 .60-15=45 for a case
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users