16 replies to this topic

#1 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

So I'm watching the last episode of duck dynasty and I scared easy, and preview for a movie called the purge.its about a new America that has no crime EXCEPT for night
We're all crime is legal so people are fucking killing each other and the dumb fucking kid lets a wanted man inside the house so the people that want him go on all sneaking creeper ninja killer and pick them off one by one now I scared shitless and the whole time I'm watching this I'm wanting the throw my phone at the tv from the 80s fuck you purge

Edited by reflexowner, 24 April 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Seems like a really crappy piece of crap. Instead of legalize crime why not just abolish laws?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Instead of legalize crime why not just abolish laws?

Posted Image

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 24 April 2013 - 09:57 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

Seems like a really crappy piece of crap. Instead of legalize crime why not just abolish laws?

Because of the theory that human nature is to act out of self interest. If there is no order, society will devolve and people will live in either a state of constant violence to get ahead, or constant fear of being harmed by the violent.

Some stranger named Thomas Hobbes wrote an entire book on this subject.

Edited by `kook, 25 April 2013 - 04:17 AM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#5 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Moral of the story?

Duck dynasty > crappy movies.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Because of the theory that human nature is to act out of self interest. If there is no order, society will devolve and people will live in either a state of constant violence to get ahead, or constant fear of being harmed by the violent.

But they've legalized crime.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

But it is contrary to the interest of a person to unfavorable to society, so things would pretty much be the same unless everyone's morals suddenly changed and thought activities currently considered unlawful to be okay.

I love you.

#8 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I actually really want to see this movie, and I hate scary movies.

I saw the trailer on YouTube (and again while watching Duck Dynasty)

It's actually just one night a year for 12 hours. "The annual purge has begun"

Looks really good.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#9 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

it seems like an interesting concept, but I don't think the movie is going to be that great.

But it is contrary to the interest of a person to unfavorable to society, so things would pretty much be the same unless everyone's morals suddenly changed and thought activities currently considered unlawful to be okay.

IANA psychologist, mkay?

On the other hand, I'm going to go back to the idea my grandfather has "locks keep honest people honest". People locking doors isn't really going to keep a burglar out of my home/store/etc. All it will do is keep a person that is kinda sorta maybe thinking about doing something from actually doing it. And maybe deterring the lazy thief, but if they really wanted in, they are going to make their way into the building.

Likewise, if I'm a person where the only thing keeping me from committing some crime is the fact that a law is in place, that law being gone may "let me" do whatever it is.

That said, something like this would never happen in any first-world nation. Stock markets would flip a shit, currency value would drop like a rock, etc. The entire financial system is built upon the stable foundation laws provide, and without them, the financial sector would collapse. Politics need business, and business needs politics.

What I really want to know is without laws, what would prevent me from...somehow getting rid of my neighbors and "get them to sign over their property"? There are no laws, so me forging a signature isn't illegal anymore. On the other hands, there are no laws, so the deed holds no legal power; for the 12 hours the purge is active, nobody owns anything. @Cooky: I think this is why it would be "crime is legal" and not "there are no laws". A slight difference, but enough that I could wiggle through...though there would be nobody to contest my claim, so either way.

Edit: In response to the post below me:
IF YOU'RE GOING TO DISCUSS THE HUNGER GAMES PLOT LINE, PLEASE PUT IT IN SPOILER TAGS. i've yet to read the books, and i don't want it ruined. thanks!

Edited by Dogg3, 25 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#10 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Sounds like Hunger Games modified.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Moral of the story?

Word. Duck Dynasty is my recovery after a day of play.

#12 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Moral of the story?

Word. Duck Dynasty is my recovery after a day of play.

This dude knows what's up.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#13 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

The premise of the movie is that America's prisons are so overcrowded that the government sets aside one day of the year for everyone to perform whatever crime they want without consequence as a way of "getting it out of their system". I'm sure absolutely no negative consequences will come to the government, the people, and the economy from that action.

I couldn't honestly give a shit about the movie because that premise alone sounds fucking retarded and full of holes. Nobody could have that little forethought.

Edited by Antonious, 26 April 2013 - 07:26 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#14 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Its a fucking movie.... get over it... dont like it or the idea? Dont watch it...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#15 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Its a fucking movie.... get over it... dont like it or the idea? Dont watch it...

That's the plan.
Though my opinion is getting voiced regardless.

Edited by Antonious, 26 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#16 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Sounds like someone should stop being a pussy

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#17 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

ah, but john locke argued for the noble savage

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users