• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RobTheRook'

RobTheRook'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

hey guys im trying to get a new marker and im wondering what would be better, a extcy or a g3 spec r. give me your opinion and thoughts

Edited by RobTheRook', 26 April 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#2 PBDream

PBDream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

I've never used any dangerous power marker but i can tell you that the extcy is a great marker for the price with an awesome board. Also it's very durable and doen't need much maintenance other than basic lubing.

#3 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I don't know much about the g3 spec r, but I know that dp is a very unreliable company.
The extcy is probably the best sub 300 gun. Unless you buy used.

#4 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

The G3 spec R is essentially the exact same gun as the G4. I have 2 G4s and I think they are great. I bought them used for a song and they have never let me down. They are super fast, very easy to maintain and program, and have great features. Honestly there is very little difference between the G4 and the extcy. I believe the G4 has a slightly higher max rof but that's it. The GoG is a little cheaper and it comes with a nice case, but I hate the plastic body it has. The G4 also has a lever lock feed neck and a lever lock ASA which is a little nicer than the GoG's. You will be happy with either gun, they are both great.

#5 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

If you are going to play speedball and use ramping the g3 board isn't the best for it. It ramps just fine, but it doesn't use the normal psp 3 shot style that basically every other board with ramping does. So in a snap shooting battle one trigger pull with a g3 fires one ball, but with the extcy one pull fires three. There's lots of hate for the g3 board, but I don't know why other than the ramping.

Solution to this would be to man up and play semi.

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 27 April 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#6 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

If you are going to play speedball and use ramping the g3 board isn't the best for it. It ramps just fine, but it doesn't use the normal psp 3 shot style that basically every other board with ramping does. So in a snap shooting battle one trigger pull with a g3 fires one ball, but with the extcy one pull fires three. There's lots of hate for the g3 board, but I don't know why other than the ramping.

Solution to this would be to man up and play semi.

the G3 Spec-R is basically a G4 SE. It has alittle more agressive milling,a two piece barrel, nicer packaging and better colors combinations. I vote G3 Spec-R
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#7 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

The G3 spec R is essentially the exact same gun as the G4. I have 2 G4s and I think they are great. I bought them used for a song and they have never let me down. They are super fast, very easy to maintain and program, and have great features. Honestly there is very little difference between the G4 and the extcy. I believe the G4 has a slightly higher max rof but that's it. The GoG is a little cheaper and it comes with a nice case, but I hate the plastic body it has. The G4 also has a lever lock feed neck and a lever lock ASA which is a little nicer than the GoG's. You will be happy with either gun, they are both great.

It has a plastic body kit on it. But the frame on the Extcy is metal.

#8 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

My friend has an extcy, my other friend has a G4, which I assume shoots the same as a G3 spec r, and the excty beats it in every category-maintenance, sound signature, smoothness and efficiency.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#9 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

My friend has an extcy, my other friend has a G4, which I assume shoots the same as a G3 spec r, and the excty beats it in every category-maintenance, sound signature, smoothness and efficiency.

No not at all. The Extcy is smoother, quieter and has better efficiency I will give it that but besides that it lacks the lusters with cheap replacements that only look good on paper. The asa is a piece of garbage,the feedneck would refuse to fit my friends pinokio no matter what we tried, the trigger only has two adjustments and is plastic with no bearings what so ever,the body is plastic, its heavy, ion threaded, the board is confusing and eats batteries and the regulator is not fully user serviceable and the G4 is faster.

Edited by ccseancc143, 28 April 2013 - 05:59 PM.

It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#10 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

G3.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users