Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#52 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

Ok on another thought how well and how close would one have to be for a ball to break at 100 fps  possiabliy with the most brittle paint one could find,  I'm just curious, no real reason or side project to consider...

http://www.hasbro.co...d=4454085825001

http://www.hasbro.co...d=4400600214001

Edited by ragu, 07 April 2016 - 06:56 PM.

Watch my Paintball Music Videos Mag-fed chain-fed action
BRAND NEW: WRITE IT DOWN PAINTBALL MUSIC VIDEO #2 w/Riot Shield & Masterkey
Walk Away Paintball Music Video 

#53 BigReRe

BigReRe

The Loyal Storm Trooper of Sick Spins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

Ok on another thought how well and how close would one have to be for a ball to break at 100 fps  possiabliy with the most brittle paint one could find,  I'm just curious, no real reason or side project to consider...

http://www.hasbro.co...d=4454085825001

http://www.hasbro.co...d=4400600214001

Not trying to flame you but I hate those Nerf Rival things. It feels like Nerf is trying to challenge or "Rival" paintball, of which I am now a devout follower.

Why are you thinking about loading paint into them?(That's what it sounds like you're doing.)

"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river when you're living in a VAN down by the river! ~Chris Farley

#54 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Maybe, I'm thinking about the viablity of it first before I buy one and mess around with it but 100 fps is pretty low and the 2nd problem could be the motors that spin the balls out, might just turn that brttle paint into a flame thrower bullpup instead. 3rd is ball size

EDIT: http://www.jtsplatmaster.com/product/198/jt-splatmaster-z300-sniper   

info: Shoots 120+ feet

• Marksman accurate up to 60 feet
• 140FPS

so 100 fps should be ok for < 50 feet?  Has anyone used a splatmaster before and seen how well it breaks at what distances so I can offhand guesstamate how well the rival nerf would do?  Because that would be problem 1 down.

Edited by ragu, 08 April 2016 - 07:37 AM.

Watch my Paintball Music Videos Mag-fed chain-fed action
BRAND NEW: WRITE IT DOWN PAINTBALL MUSIC VIDEO #2 w/Riot Shield & Masterkey
Walk Away Paintball Music Video 

#55 BigReRe

BigReRe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

At the bottom of that page it says this: "The spring loaded SplatMasters shoot, up to 100+ feet and have marksman accuracy up to 50 feet."

But no I have never used one. I bet it'll be hard to find someone here who has, seeing as how it designed to get young kids into paintball.

"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river when you're living in a VAN down by the river! ~Chris Farley

#56 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

Way more people got splatmasters for shits'n'giggles than you may think. Besides, splatmasters shoot .50 paint with a plunger on a spring to make the air pressure used to shoot the paint (simply not enough mechanical energy in the plunger/spring to shoot .68 paintballs), so the paint is never physically touched by the shooting mechanism. Also, the splatmasters are terrible. They usually only get about half the FPS they're advertised for, constantly break paint, and the pistols are the only ones that can reload with another magazine. The shotguns and rifles are the only ones capable of decent velocities because you can stick a bigger spring inside, but they're the ones without magazines so you're stuck hand feeding paintballs into the feed tube when you run out. They also break all the time.

tl;dr - There's no reliable way to shoot paintballs other than compressed air.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 April 2016 - 11:27 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg

#57 BigReRe

BigReRe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

I have no proof (nor do I wish to seek any out) ,but I have heard a lot of good things about the splatmasters. Many of those good statements completely contradict your negative ones....

Could Wolf have been wrong?

#58 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

I worked at a field that had 30 splatmasters that got used every weekend. I know better than your gossip.

Wolf is a sponsored mouthpiece for the industry. He's not reviewing, he's advertising, and that's a BNIB splatmaster. Just wait until it's had several days of use.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 April 2016 - 05:06 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg

#59 ChloricName

ChloricName

RIP Jared Rice (12/18/14)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

I worked at a field that had 30 splatmasters that got used every weekend. I know better than your gossip.
Wolf is a sponsored mouthpiece for the industry. He's not reviewing, he's advertising, and that's a BNIB splatmaster. Just wait until it's had several days of use.

Qft.
Their ok for shits and giggles. I'd still rather put a fifty cal kit in my ego and throw my Nokio on it ha feel.

#60 BigReRe

BigReRe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:12 PM

My ignorance has been my undoing!!! Curses!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users