• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

So since I haven't got my axe I got stuck using a Spyder Victor for the day and I was shooting premium. We were playing defend the castle(8 v everyone else)I was in the "castle"(center bunkers) with one other dude and my paint just wasnt going as straight as I wanted it to. It would always to the left or right, but rarely down the middle. At one point the other guy got out and said I could use his gun, It was an older higher end gun so Idk the name. But his paint was shooting fucking fantastic! Later on he borrowed a pod said he would get me back after the game, but he just gave me a bag of All star since he looked like a ball had broken. So I'm assuming he was shooting Tourney grade paint? So was it my shitty gun or is Tourney from premium that big of a jump in paint quality.

TL;DR: Is Tourney Grade paint a HUGE jump from Premium paint?

#2 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Rec/white box paint to Tourney paint is.. Premium to tourney grade... nope.

#3 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Why was it shooting soooooooo much better than mine then? D: Was it my shitty spyder?

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

could of been a multiple of things. "YOU" could of got a bag of dimpled or oblong paint, and he could of got Top of the pallet stuff.

Paint is such a Delicate thing and makes such difference on how it's stored.

#5 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

could of been a multiple of things. "YOU" could of got a bag of dimpled or oblong paint, and he could of got Top of the pallet stuff.

Paint is such a Delicate thing and makes such difference on how it's stored.

But the whole case was like that and I got the cases at the top.

btw all star has like a perfect seam :') and its so brittle. This isn't relevant, I just wanted to say it.

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Why was it shooting soooooooo much better than mine then? D: Was it my shitty spyder?

Depends how clean the gun was and how fresh the paint was.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#7 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

I really haven't noticed a huge difference in paint unless your playing Rec Ball/White box paint Vs. High-end paint.... Even playing with "OK" paint to premium I barley notice anything, maybe 1 or 2 less flyers per 25 shots but nothing like "zomg!!! So glad I spent the extra $50 on this case!"

#8 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Depends how clean the gun was and how fresh the paint was.

The gun was squeaky clean, but I guess it probably wasn't all that fresh since I think premium is the least they sell.

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Paint can vary greatly case to case.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

I hate allstar with a passion.
We shot it a big game last year and 75% of the paintballs broke in the loader / gun. it was awful.
After shooting one case of it I decided to switch to HEAT and it could actually make it out of my gun in one piece.
And it stains, Really really bad.
I still have red stains on my headbands after several washes.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yeah I hate allstar. For the most part, it either breaks in your marker or hopper, or doesnt break on the player. And the stains...I hate the stains.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 TheRealistBaller

TheRealistBaller

I wear MoonShoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well if the spyder is without a regulator that could contribute to the problem, the ref will give you a consistent amount of air per shot instead if the gun just "guessing" and that can cause you to shoot 275 on one shot and then jump to 310 the next idk much about spiders and wether or not the victor has a reg but that's what I would think the problem could be
hey i play paintball

#13 TheRealistBaller

TheRealistBaller

I wear MoonShoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

For instance I have a mech azodin kaos I like to use sometimes for woodsball occasionally or if I don't want to be machine gunning the entire game so I bought a cp barrel and it was alright with average 35 a case paint but then I got a little cp reg and stuck it on there and played with it at the chrono and it's a nail driver even with mediocre paint. Haven't had the chance to put and really good paint through it but I'm sure it'll be awesome!
hey i play paintball

#14 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yeah I hate allstar. For the most part, it either breaks in your marker or hopper, or doesnt break on the player. And the stains...I hate the stains.

Is that why allstar is hated so much? Too Brittle?

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

No, just annoyingly inconsistant and just not that good. Its very brittle sometimes, and other times it just doesnt break. At disruptive they sell premium, allstar, and evil. Rule of thumb here is to either buy the cheapest or the most expensive paint, because allstar is crap.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 Airex

Airex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

It was probably his barrel set up. He had a better fit on the paint. But Iv had time were the pods from the same case shot different.

#17 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

the fact that your using an inconsistent gun and crappy paint is why your shots are everywhere.
109.gif

#18 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Well if the spyder is without a regulator that could contribute to the problem, the ref will give you a consistent amount of air per shot instead if the gun just "guessing" and that can cause you to shoot 275 on one shot and then jump to 310 the next idk much about spiders and wether or not the victor has a reg but that's what I would think the problem could be

He is talking about paint quality, not the gun and shot speeds. All guns are just as accurate as the next gun...and barrels don't do anything either to help accuracy.

It is the paint that was causing all the issues. Paint can very from case to case. You can stuff that originally the best stuff on the planet, but by not rotating it or storing it properly, it will still dimple and shoot horrible. You can also get a good, fresh batch of normally mediocre paint but it could be perfectly round and shoot great. Always open your boxes before you buy them.

Edited by elraido, 30 April 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#19 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

We shot it a big game last year and 75% of the paintballs broke in the loader / gun. it was awful.
After shooting one case of it I decided to switch to HEAT and it could actually make it out of my gun in one piece.

Would that have happened to be day of the dead at flag swipes?

Because I would agree! It chopped/broke in EVERY GUN and wouldn't even go through a leaf?! The only guns not having problems were the ones shooting heat.
109.gif

#20 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Because I would agree! It chopped/broke in EVERY GUN and wouldn't even go through a leaf?! The only guns not having problems were the ones shooting heat.

Yeah that was the event that I was talking about.
What team were you on last year?

#21 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

the fact that your using an inconsistent gun and crappy paint is why your shots are everywhere.

I wasn't using crappy paint?
Since when is RPS Premium crappy paint?

Edited by Garribean, 30 April 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#22 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

All depends on how it was stored, I shot RPS premium this weekend and it was hands down the worst shit I've ever used, yet most who use it love it. This batch obviously wasnt shipped/stored properly.

#23 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yeah that was the event that I was talking about.
What team were you on last year?

I was playing with citrus militia as the dead army! how about you?

I wasn't using crappy paint?
Since when is RPS Premium crappy paint?

sorry I confused crappy gun for crappy paint :(
109.gif

#24 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Personally, I've bought Premium about 4 times in the past 5 years, it is always my LAST choice as it shoots like you are describing... Do you have any of it left? Look at the paint, every premium I see isn't round, and the seam is obvious. So it shoots poorly. You can spin it, which will help (apex/flatline) but I just haven't seen any good premium in the past few years. I've passed over it many times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users