• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jkooomar

jkooomar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

Is it a need to have a new board for the g3 to have a new board or am I allowed to do tornaments with the curret board

#2 benjy85pb

benjy85pb

It's for the greater good.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

It depends on the model of G3 you're planning on getting or already own because with the standard G3. the stock board is now pointless as a few tournaments have now changed their rate of fires, PSP has now gone down to 10BPS I think and Mellenium has gone down to 10BPS as well, so now the standard G3's stock board is outdated because it's capped rate of fires are for the old rules and firing rates. i.e. PSP ramp of 15 and 13.3BPS and mellenium ramp of 12BPS. And you cannot change the rate of fires on the board as they're all pre-progammed settings, thus making the board, as far as I'm concerned and why I upgraded my G3's board, rather useless.

The G3 SE version however, comes with the new stock board upgrade, which is a lot more flexible and you can adjust the rate of fire settings to suit any leagues or tournaments you play in. You can even purchase that stock board upgrade for the G3 for $30, making the standard G3 much better because of the adjustable options. There are also the APE board and Virtue boards which add even more capabilities to the G3 with a greater array of options.

Over all, if you're buying or own the standard G3 and you want to use it more competitively in tournaments with capped rate of fire rules, such as PSP, then you're going to need to get a new board to comply with the rules, plus a new board gives the G3 greater flexibility.
I'LL BELIEVE IN GOD WHEN HE/SHE PHYSICALLY SLAPS ME ACROSS THE FACE!

#3 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

you will need to upgrade if you are going into tournaments w/ it i like the virtue boards

G3 Owners#4~Rotor Owners~Ninja Tank Club#4~V-Force Owners#17Parents Don't Pay(council)
If your parents don't pay for your gear CLICK HERE!!!!!

#4 jkooomar

jkooomar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

I thought the rule was 13 bps and the g3 has 13 bps ramping

#5 bigvin95

bigvin95

Watch out behind you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

No 10bps and the G3 is 13bps.

#6 freedompaintbala54

freedompaintbala54

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

they change the rule to 10 bps either late last year or maybe they r applying it to this year, but either way you need a new board
Posted Image
g3 owners club/ speedball Mafia/Bunker Baller Club/hockey players club, superloaders club
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users