• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wulox

Wulox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hi guys, been out of the sport for a while but wanting to get back in. I'm wanting to start afresh with a new gun, however to afford a new gun I'm going to have to sell my PMR 2010.
The problem I have though is that I remember the last time I played my gun was having some leaking issues, I got home cleaned it and checked it through and found a damaged o-ring on my bolt. I had intended on buying some new ones but never got around to it and haven't played since.
Now that I am wanting to get back in to the sport, I don't want to sell a gun that has possible leaking issues, so I have taken pictures of the o-ring in question to ask whether this could be the cause of the leak at all.
The o-ring itself is pretty shredded, I would have gotten around to replacing it sooner but you cant really buy marker specific o-ring kits over here in the UK.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any help/input would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

#2 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Definately an issue,that oring seals the breech to the body at the noid.If your(any) marker has been sitting for a few years Id recommened doing an entire rebuild,some types of orings will dry and shrink over time.PMRs are prone to leaks in my experience,replacing all of them will limit dianosing which one is bad

#3 Wulox

Wulox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for the input! I better get replacing them then! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users