• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Im thinking of buying myself a pump marker to try something new. Nothing too expensive because I don't know if i'll like it or not but I'd like to buy one to sort of challenge myself. My budget is $100-$250 and i don't mind buying a used one. Any ideas/suggestions?

#2 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

I recently picked up a Hammer 7,Im new to pump but have playing since 1995.Hers alink to my ongoing review
http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3918266
Im really ejoying the challenge of pump play,and the FS option is awesome,didnt believe the hype around FS but Im a believer now
Pump purist may disagree but bang for your buck the H7 is the best since I bought my JT Spectra mask when I started
Heres an ongoing dicussing about the H7 with many perspectives and mods
http://www.mcarterbr...ump-spyder.html
http://www.mcarterbr...mer-7-mods.html

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Since you don't mind buying used, you can get some really nice pumps. For that budget you can even get into ccm'd cockers. I would keep an eye on bsts around here.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

For 250 you should look at,
Azodin Kaos Pump ans edition (for 200 I built a killer AKP)
Cocker pump (used)
CCI phantom (new or used)

For 100 ish you should look at
Azodin Kaos Pump (used)
Hammer 7 (in my opinion, lacks refinement of AKP but has mag feed)
Trilogy Pumps (used)
Tracer (new or old)

here is how I rank 'em for a first OC pump
Nice Cocker Pump > Upped AKP > CCI Phantom > Bad Cocker Pump > Hammer 7 > Tracer > anything else.

Note: as a 400$ pump the CCI phantom wipes the floor with all of these guns with the exception of a nice cocker. Phantoms also hold value very well. AKP, not so much. However, a open class phantom for under 250 will not have as nice of a pump stroke as a AKP or cocker. I own a AKP and have shot every pump on this list but a tracer. My next buy will be either a SM-1 or a Phantom. however, I picked up a Kaos pump for 100 ish bucks and threw a lurker, 13/3000, karni reg, and APP hopper on it and love it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#5 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

i got a beautiful pump for $100 ONE OF A KIND BODY! with ccm parts. got it from a guy who builds custom pumps i could even hit him up for you. just let me know

#6 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

If there are any at your field ask to try them out. You'd be surprised what you might like.

I bought a Phantom after I saw videos from MIke/Tyger and read plenty or reviews giving them high praise and I thought it would be my end all marker, then I ended up hating it. Everyone I let use it while I still owned it loved it, but I couldn't stand it. Everything about it seemed wrong and felt wrong to me. I ended up trading it and a KP2DF for a nice custom 'Mag.

So get out there and try out some different markers. You never know, you may end up liking something you thought you would hate.

If I had to recommend a marker though it would be a PMI1SC. I love mine to death and bought it for $110.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#7 cpxballer9

cpxballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I understand why you want to buy new but really I would not close used totally out I just bought a nice trilogy pump used for 100, probably one of the best deals I have had

#8 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Pump is a mind set that allows you to have fun with anything that works. That being said snipers and phantoms (Sheridan and Nelson styles) feel very different. I found Phantoms to be lighter, modular but harder to aim. My snipers are great for open class and I feel that they point more naturally but I love stock class. I can't just easily change a sniper back and forth form open class to stock class. For this I have A PGP, P681SC, and a PPS Supper Stocker. PGP &P68SC are harder to find and lack some of the nicer things in a pump and the PPS is expensive so I wouldn't recommend them to some one new to pump.

If you want to play stock class and open class get a Phantom. For about $35 you can switch it back and forth and it's one of my favorites for stock class. If you only want to play open class get a Sniper or like copy. But remember over all pump play is a state of mind. You do tremendously more thinking then shooting when you play pump. Get something that appeals to you and go have fun.

Edited by 1shot, 03 May 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#9 Snowking63

Snowking63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

I agree.. I have never owned any other pump other than my sniper but a phantom seems like the way to go. Probably cheaper than building and messing with a sniper, but of course depends on the gun. A phantom automatically has AT, easy to switch from stock class to open class, much much lighter, simpler design and easy to maintain. Not to mention the phantom has a very low profile.
I would like to try out a phantom sometime to see how I like it. I just bought a PMI trracer which I guess could be a little more similar to a phantom than my sniper. And my bro should be getting a sniper within the next couple weeks. If I were you, I would def look into buying a phantom they are usually in your price range. But then Again, you can always get a decent cocker pump. As was said, I suggest using different snipers and phantoms next time you play to see what you like the best and always have that "pump mentality"

#10 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

if you want options and durabillity id get a cci phantom. by options like the possibilities are endless. and once you get acustomed to the pump stroke every other pump is like nothing. the pump stroke is pretty good in my opinion

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#11 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

I say a phantom too, the pump stroke gets way better after the break in time. and if you polish the pump rod youll be fine!

** Also people confuse pump stroke and pump strength, My pump stroke is very smooth! Ill put it up against any CCM out there! BUT my pump strength is a lot heaver due to the main spring, but very smooth. They are both different valve types anyways. Its apples and oranges now. Youre better off trying the ones you like.

Edited by Crashkt90, 28 June 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

#12 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

If I could only keep one of my many guns (most are pumps). It would be my VSC Phantom with it's stock, red dot, stock barrel and detent rings. If I could only chose one gun out of any in production it would be the same Phantom. It's not perfect, but it's darn close. After 11 years I finally broke something on it. Some how i managed to crack the horizontal feed and it will no longer hold the aluminum feed tube. Will cost $15 to replace, if I even do. Now it does a very nice job of holding the plastic10 round tubes (cram and jam). It still has all the original seals. I was starting to think of replacing the ball retainer. If you ever need anything for the gun Mike's just a phone call away, and individual parts are inexpensive and well made. CCI coster service is second to none.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users