16 replies to this topic

#1 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi there members of TechPB!
I'm new here, and as my first post I have a question to ask anyone who has experience with the GoG eXTCy:

I just recently sold my Tippmann so I can buy a gun better suited for speedball. After research, I have concluded that the GoG eXTCy is a great choice with a price that works for a teen that works for his money and buys all his gear with his own made money.

I was inside my local paintball shop and asked if I could hold one. They said they didn't carry them because GoG's have "too many leaking problems."

So my question is, to those who know, do they leak a lot/at all? If they do and are not worth it I'm also considering a DP G4, PMR, or a used Empire Axe, but the Axe is the least likely because I still need money for a nice hopper and tank. But from what I've read on various threads the eXTCy is one of the best >$300 buys. Let me know please and thank you!

P.S. I already have a nice mask so I'm good on that and no need to ask :tup: :D

#2 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

The extcy is a great gun. I've never heard o fleaking problems though. A g4 will be more likely to leak. But anyways, do you have a price range that you can spend on a tank, loader, and gun?

#3 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

You used the wrong comparison symbol. It should be <300.

Either way, the only time I had a problem is when I didn't reassemble the bolt right and the ASA oring got damaged.

The first is my fault. The second is a design flaw, but an easily fixed one. Yes, I do realize this is statistically insignificant.

Edited by Dogg3, 30 April 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Whoever said that is full of it. Theyre probably a dealer for a different company and will try to sell you one of that brand of marker. Go with the eXTCy, you wont be disappointed.

#5 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Even though I've had bad expieriences with the eXTCy, I never had a leaking problem. They're definitely trying to sell you something else.
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#6 PBDream

PBDream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

I own a gog extcy and have close to 15 cases through it, shooting 1 case every time i play. All i do is lube it every day before i play. Nothing more, nothing less and i've never had a problem with it.

#7 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Aw damn it I did use the wrong symbol. Whatever who cares. @iNicker, I'm looking for used stuff but if I don't have any luck I'll go ahead and buy a new Invert Too loader. A buddy of mine is selling me his nice tank so I'm good there. For the marker alone I'm trying to stay under $300, and I will be sticking to around $100-120 on other used gear.

From what I can tell the dude at my local shop didn't know what he was talking about, so I'm going to go ahead and buy the eXTCy. Thanks to all who replied.

#8 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Aw damn it I did use the wrong symbol. Whatever who cares. @iNicker, I'm looking for used stuff but if I don't have any luck I'll go ahead and buy a new Invert Too loader. A buddy of mine is selling me his nice tank so I'm good there. For the marker alone I'm trying to stay under $300, and I will be sticking to around $100-120 on other used gear.

From what I can tell the dude at my local shop didn't know what he was talking about, so I'm going to go ahead and buy the eXTCy. Thanks to all who replied.

extcy is a great choice. i know you are trying to stay under 300 but for 325 you can get a used axe. and to save some money, you can get a halo too for like 40 used, so you can use the money you save and pick up an axe. you wont be dissapointed.

#9 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

extcy is a great choice. i know you are trying to stay under 300 but for 325 you can get a used axe. and to save some money, you can get a halo too for like 40 used, so you can use the money you save and pick up an axe. you wont be dissapointed.

I'm trying to find some for less than $350 but haven't had any luck. If I do I'll spend a little more and get the axe. Otherwise I'll go with the GoG

#10 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

check here on the bst. there should be some under 350. and if not, talk them down to 350.

#11 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

check here on the bst. there should be some under 350. and if not, talk them down to 350.

Yeah I'll be looking. Also I'm not planning on getting too serious at paintball, but really just once every few weeks-month with some friends. I just wanted a gun upgrade so I can keep up with them. The price of the eXTCy fits really well for me, but I'll still be looking for Axe's.

#12 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yeah I'll be looking. Also I'm not planning on getting too serious at paintball, but really just once every few weeks-month with some friends. I just wanted a gun upgrade so I can keep up with them. The price of the eXTCy fits really well for me, but I'll still be looking for Axe's.

just because you have a nice gun, doesnt mean you are going too "serious" all it means is that you care for the sport and want to have a great time.

#13 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

just because you have a nice gun, doesnt mean you are going too "serious" all it means is that you care for the sport and want to have a great time.

Well I know that, but I just meant that I don't think its worth dishing out a bunch of cash on paintball equipment if I might not even be doing it in a few years. If I still am then I would sell whatever gun I ended up getting a buy better gear. But I have found some sweet deals on Axe's that I might go ahead and get.

On a side note, I was browsing craigslist and found a 2013 DP G5 with a tank and hopper for $300. Think its worth it?

#14 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Well I know that, but I just meant that I don't think its worth dishing out a bunch of cash on paintball equipment if I might not even be doing it in a few years. If I still am then I would sell whatever gun I ended up getting a buy better gear. But I have found some sweet deals on Axe's that I might go ahead and get.

On a side note, I was browsing craigslist and found a 2013 DP G5 with a tank and hopper for $300. Think its worth it?

That's on you. Dangerous Power has earned themselves a bad reputation for shitty customer service and recently not so great markers. The G5 itself hasn't been in rotation long enough for a lot of people to use it, but there seem to be more people that like it than those who hate it. The G4 had a lot of leaking and bolt stick issues for more than just a few people, and the G3 had a board that was widely disliked. The G5 has basically the same bolt engine as the G4, so theoretically bolt stick could still be an issue. However according to DP the G5 has an "INGENIOUSLY DESIGNED BREECH" meant for creating an "anti-bolt sticking motion". I don't know about you, but the fact that they even had to include something on a bolt stick prevention measure makes me concerned.

#15 maxt_63

maxt_63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Assumed so. I've read no so great things about DP. I'll just stick to to GoG or keep looking for cheap Axe's.

#16 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Assumed so. I've read no so great things about DP. I'll just stick to to GoG or keep looking for cheap Axe's.

Good choice lol.

#17 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've seen two gog solenoids fail after like 30 cases, but gog will fix em for yah. The bolt system is great and I've played with my buddies before, smooth and fun. Good buy for 260!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users