Photo

What makes you mad when you play paintball?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

When people call fields "maps" and paintballs "bullets"
It's not call of duty. jeeeeeeez

#52 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

I also hate when people think ramping takes less skill. It takes the same amount of skill probably even more.

Not true. Prior to ramping in the days of uncapped semi, ROF for the pros was far higher than that of the capped semi or ramping of today. You just had to train your fingers to be able to shoot those speeds effectively in game while still concentrating on the game itself.

The ONLY thing ramping did was made it EASIER to shoot high rates of fire thus removing a skill that was once required to play at the highest levels.

FACT is ramping started as a way to cheat. It allowed players that choose to cheat more time or faculties to concentrate on the other aspects of the game AKA make it easier AKA requiring less Skill. If it did not make the game easier no one would have opted to cheat by using it to begin with and it would never have been made main stream. Like it or not that is FACT.

But all I was saying is I don't think it should Ever be allowed at a recreational level. And I simply choose myself to shoot only markers without ramping as a personal choice as I am a bit old school in that regard.

So if Im in open play along with a bunch of D4-3 players we shouldnt use PSP so we can focus on movement and laning?

People will shoot the same speed either way, having used both semi and ramp all it changes is how easy it is to hit your ROF cap when shooting one-handed, etc.

#53 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

This.

#54 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

This.

#55 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

I also hate when people think ramping takes less skill. It takes the same amount of skill probably even more.

Not true. Prior to ramping in the days of uncapped semi, ROF for the pros was far higher than that of the capped semi or ramping of today. You just had to train your fingers to be able to shoot those speeds effectively in game while still concentrating on the game itself.

The ONLY thing ramping did was made it EASIER to shoot high rates of fire thus removing a skill that was once required to play at the highest levels.

FACT is ramping started as a way to cheat. It allowed players that choose to cheat more time or faculties to concentrate on the other aspects of the game AKA make it easier AKA requiring less Skill. If it did not make the game easier no one would have opted to cheat by using it to begin with and it would never have been made main stream. Like it or not that is FACT.

But all I was saying is I don't think it should Ever be allowed at a recreational level. And I simply choose myself to shoot only markers without ramping as a personal choice as I am a bit old school in that regard.

So your saying that ramping takes less skill because you dont have to concentrate on walking at a high rate? Well I walk alot faster on semi than ramping without even trying. Maybe if your a new player you need to concentrate on walking but tournament players dont. And if you dont ever shoot ramping how do you know?

So then I ask you if it does not make the game Easier. Why then was it used as a cheat to begin with? It gave the player using it an edge by making it EASIER for them to put paint down range effectively.

Also I said I never have nor will I ever own a gun with ramping. BUT I have tried shooting many guns with that option. But for on the field play in my old school mind (been playing for 15 years aka prior too ramping started) its still just a cheater mode I will refrain from, and there's no better way to do that then not owning a gun capable of it.

And let me ask you what's your definition of a skill.

In the English Dictonary skill is defined as:

Definitions
noun

special ability in a task, sport, etc, esp ability acquired by training
something, esp a trade or technique, requiring special training or manual proficiency
(obsolete) understanding

So let me ask did you not need to train your fingers to walk a trigger effectively. Is it not a special technique unique to this sport? There for by not needing to do this any more it has taken away a skill once required.

Edited by TinyBear, 02 May 2013 - 10:22 AM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#56 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

So your saying that ramping takes less skill because you dont have to concentrate on walking at a high rate? Well I walk alot faster on semi than ramping without even trying. Maybe if your a new player you need to concentrate on walking but tournament players dont. And if you dont ever shoot ramping how do you know?

So then I ask you if it does not make the game Easier. Why then was it used as a cheat to begin with? It gave the player using it an edge by making it EASIER for them to put paint down range effectively.

Also I said I never have nor will I ever own a gun with ramping. BUT I have tried shooting many guns with that option. But for on the field play in my old school mind (been playing for 15 years aka prior too ramping started) its still just a cheater mode I will refrain from, and there's no better way to do that then not owning a gun capable of it.

Definitions
noun

something, esp a trade or technique, requiring special training or manual proficiency
(obsolete) understanding

So let me ask did you not need to train your fingers to walk a trigger effectively. Is it not a special technique unique to this sport? There for by not needing to do this any more it has taken away a skill once required.

Is it a skill? Yes. Do I see it as being intrinsic to the sport and something that actually matters? No.

There have been plenty of times in paintball that "walking" the trigger has either not existed or been unnecessary. RTs are the perfect example.

#57 FeedMeBacon

FeedMeBacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

when i run out of bacon
people who post "First after Mike, errrrmerrrgerrrrd"
ballers who brag about themselves/their team
ballers who brag about other ballers
kittens
human beings
YOU KNOW THE RULES...KILL EM ALL AND KEEP MOVING

#58 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

What did kittens ever do to you?

#59 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

teams that don't want to move up

this drives me up a fucking wall. sure our team in a scenario has 20 more people but when we are pushing the pace and pushing the other team back and I get hit, on the way back about 30 feet from our spawn I see people trying to sneak around. seriously? all the action is about 90 yards up field. get your asses up there. if I can walk by you hiding behind your bunker or your "sniper spot" casually with my gun down because I cant even hear the shots from here, I think its time to MOVE THE FUCK UP!
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#60 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Definitions
noun

(obsolete) understanding

To me, skill is being good at something. Go ahead take a player who plays psp and put him up against a player who plays nppl. Same division, both on semi. The NPPL player may or may not win. People who play on ramping mode don't depend on their gun to do the work. Your pretty much calling all of the PSP pro players cheaters. Now to an extent they are due to wiping and stuff, but walking the trigger isn't hard. Its nothing that you have to think about while playing.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#61 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Definitions
noun

(obsolete) understanding

To me, skill is being good at something. Go ahead take a player who plays psp and put him up against a player who plays nppl. Same division, both on semi. The NPPL player may or may not win. People who play on ramping mode don't depend on their gun to do the work. Your pretty much calling all of the PSP pro players cheaters. Now to an extent they are due to wiping and stuff, but walking the trigger isn't hard. Its nothing that you have to think about while playing.

Dear god, not this arguement. Ramping is an option, & if you think it's stupid, don't use it. The PSP & NPPL are equal formats in my view because both suck & are awesome in their own ways. End of discussion.
I am a raccoon.

#62 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Definitions
noun

(obsolete) understanding

Dear god, not this arguement. Ramping is an option, & if you think it's stupid, don't use it. The PSP & NPPL are equal formats in my view because both suck & are awesome in their own ways. End of discussion.

Who made you boss of our interweb fight.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#63 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Definitions
noun

(obsolete) understanding

Walking the trigger isn't hard at all. Walking it at a consistent 12+BPS is.

#64 Pyroga11z

Pyroga11z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

http://www.techpb.co...p?showforum=532
Maybe move that there?
Also getting bunkered while checking a player while your reffing.
Posted Image

#65 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Definitions
noun

(obsolete) understanding

Walking the trigger isn't hard at all. Walking it at a consistent 12+BPS is.

Not really

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#66 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Diving into snake where your pants get pulled down on the slide and you get rug burn on your pecker.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#67 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

^ :mellow: :blink:
uhm.. what? Never had that problem... Only problem I have had is dive into the snake and it starts to deflate.

#68 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Praetorian

#69 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Having a bunker collapse on me.
The A in the center decided to finally give in to it its air leak, and collapse right on top of me when I was under it shooting at the snake insert. Felt violated.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#70 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

Private parties that think they don't have to listen to the rules.

#71 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

STUPID FUCKING FIRSTTIMERS! (Okay, this might not fit in here, and it might warrant its own rant thread)

About a year ago my team had this reball thing at a local festival. Never ever had to scream so fucking much in one day in my entire life. Imagine having to ref 10-14 year olds for six hours straight. They would take off their mask, blatantly ignore hits ( one guy played with a fucking down vest(if that's what it's called, google translate wasn't to much help)) and another put on his mask upside fucking down when i told him to put it own again. You festering bag of human human fecal matter. Arguing with the refs when they weren't allowed to fuck around to their hearts content.

Do you know what was the worst part of it all?

Spoiler

/rant

But i really don't have anything to complain about. Maybe the whole ramping thing, once i was pinned down behind a bunker once and my enemies shot like atleast a 3/4 of a case at me, really excessive if you ask me.

o8qo.jpg

#72 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

When fields only allow capped semi because it's not "fair". And as far as ramping goes, the only advantage it provides is consistancy, it's good for learning when to refill, but it's not like ramping ruins the game, it allows you to maybe shoot another 2-3 bps if you are a slow shooter.
What I Rock:
Marker: Clone GT/Etek4 Pooty style
Mask: Grill/i4
Hopper: Spire/Rotor
Deadmau5 beanie

#73 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

When fields only allow capped semi because it's not "fair". And as far as ramping goes, the only advantage it provides is consistancy, it's good for learning when to refill, but it's not like ramping ruins the game, it allows you to maybe shoot another 2-3 bps if you are a slow shooter.

That's how my field is, but if you wanna ramp then you go play with the advanced group, which is just speedball.

#74 djjoshyg

djjoshyg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

My local field isn't to bad Aaron Tholey really cracks down on everything. But other fields I have had some terrible things happen.
O-BLOCK and 3Hunna we commin.

#75 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

My local field isn't to bad Aaron Tholey really cracks down on everything. But other fields I have had some terrible things happen.

You play at Vintage? How do you like it out there, Ive thought about making a trip there sometime this summer.

#76 Airex

Airex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Poison ivy

#77 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Poison ivy

And stinging nettles

#78 TrisquitG

TrisquitG

Budget Balla FTW!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

That one guy that takes shit up the ass...

And people who hate on little kids for playing... (personally i think its cool! i wish i could have gone at a younger age!)

People who brag about their gear yet suck and have no skill...

And that one ref that walks around like he owns the place!...

maybe getting shot at will really turn her on .... then yu can do her with your mask on .. sortof a whole darth vader thing ....
**heavy breathing** ..."WHO'S YUR DADDY" .. **more heavy breathing** .... "I'M YOUR DADDY" ...

lol

#79 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

When the feild says they are "closing" and I have to "leave" this is Amurica, I do what I want!
What I Rock:
Marker: Clone GT/Etek4 Pooty style
Mask: Grill/i4
Hopper: Spire/Rotor
Deadmau5 beanie

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users