• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 djrice91

djrice91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm a pump player about to play my first 2-day scenario game with my pump. I'm asking those players that have played pump at a scenario, and even theories from those that don't play pump, how much paint should I bring out with me on the field each day.

I'd like to ask for both liberal and conservative answers, since while I don't want to add unnecessary weight, I also don't want to have to go back out to the camp site 2-3 times a day.

Thanks in advance guys.

#2 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

I played a good 1-day tournament with my Bob Long MVP(it does have Auto trigger) and the Whole day I only used 750 paintballs(Bag and a 1/2) I was mostly playing like a Shock Trooper and just running into the Opponents line over and over and over again.

if you don't want to carry a dumb ammount of stuff but really don't want to go back to your car for more paint or water or whatever, do what I did... Bring a backpack!

Posted Image

Edited by Praetorian, 01 May 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#3 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

I went to a 3 day pump event and played all 3 days, Used about 200 balls myself. Buy 2 bags and work off of those.

I noticed that people with auto triggers shoot more, so take that into account.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#4 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Right around half a case for me. If I let the AT go crazy I can do more, but right around half a case seems to be about right for my pump at an all day big game.

#5 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Are you playing open or stock class? For me In OC I've shot up to 500 in a day, with stock class 200/day is usually plenty.

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

I've shot close to a case in one day before.
It depends a lot on the style of field, number of people and how you play the game.

#7 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

I run about a case a day playing a LARGE scenario with an open class pump or a case and a half too two cases shooting semi.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#8 McGoey

McGoey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

All depends on the player and how big of a fire fight you get in. I went threw a case at Canadian carnage and Sunny Lopez went threw 3-4 cases.

Edited by McGoey, 02 May 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#9 djrice91

djrice91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the great replies. In reply to some questions that have arisen, I wanted to say that I am playing modified stock class. 10 round hopper tube, with an HPA tank.

If I was to bring 20 10-round tubes out on to field. How would I hold them all? When I play speedball, I just pocket 1 or 2 tubes, but what harness would I use to hold 15-20?

Sorry for the amount of questions but I'm new to scenario. Thanks again.

#10 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

My Doc Nickle's SC Rig holds 14 tubes, but you'll be hard pressed to find one.

The WTF Stalker rig is pretty similar. Mccann USA made a nice one too but hes not taking any orders right now.

Look up the Ronin rigs, or the PBMafia rigs. They are usually pretty high capacity.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#11 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I love my PBmafia Joyride, in a pinch a shotgun belt works well too.
http://i1271.photobu...3964B8712C5.jpg

#12 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Bring as much paint on you as your airtank will shoot,then you can regas&reload at the same time.its always a bummer to run out of paint right when you get in a good firefight.Great thing about scenarios is action is constant,play at your own pace,stay hydrated,I got heatstroke at the last scenario I played and had to leave a day early :(

#13 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I run an Empire 3+4 I have two pods and a spare 13/3000 in the other pouch. I also only run a modded winchester hooper. If you're running a Sportshot or larger add another pod maybe two. If you go much more then that you're giving up some ofthe advantages of pump.
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#14 djrice91

djrice91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Posted Image

I've decided to go with this as a load out, I'm welcomed to any critiques you may have.

#15 Mr Idiot Box

Mr Idiot Box

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

For big games I use a 200 round hopper and a full 4 pod pack with a 45/45 I can play all day on that without having to go back to my gear bag.

Edited by Mr Idiot Box, 14 May 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#16 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

I've decided to go with this as a load out, I'm welcomed to any critiques you may have.

That's a pretty sick looking loadout you got there man! From experience, my friend and I combined rarely go through a case even at 2 day scenarios. That's been with both of us playing open class too. It looks like you'll have plenty of paint for being out there until at least lunch break (or if you don't have lunch break then it looks like you won't have to go back and reload very often). What pack is that by the way? My friend's capless pack is falling apart on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users