7 replies to this topic

#1 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is there a way to make a mech ion drop in kit yourself easily. I want to mech my ion but I don't have the money.
[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#2 zcannon14

zcannon14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Also what is the point of making it mech. And would I be able to still walk the trigger with mech
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board

#3 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Since you want BOB AND a mech, your best bet would probably be to sell the Ion for $75 - $100 (depending upon upgrades) and buy a Enmey. You'd probably end up spending the same money if not less.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#4 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Unless you want to spend some serious $ on Clippard parts a walkable mech isnt feesable
I converted my Ion to mech just for kicks,also can run CO2 if Im at a field that only has CO2.No batteries ,eye wires&board to replace,also wanted a trainer gun for my 12yr old nephew before he went electro to learn marker safety
You can make your own mech Ion\PMR using an Autococker 3way,probably the cheapest but more difficlt mod,you can also make a pump Ion or PMR using an AC 3way too
Agree with above poster,almost better to buy an Enemy unless you really want to mod an Ion or have one laying around
If you want a walkable mech search "mech ion vespa" on PB nation

#5 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

You can buy the valve for $10-$20 . Then just mount it inside ans use a dual tail oring bolt
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#6 zcannon14

zcannon14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

You can buy the valve for $10-$20 . Then just mount it inside ans use a dual tail oring bolt

O
Awesome can u show me a link

Unless you want to spend some serious $ on Clippard parts a walkable mech isnt feesable
I converted my Ion to mech just for kicks,also can run CO2 if Im at a field that only has CO2.No batteries ,eye wires&board to replace,also wanted a trainer gun for my 12yr old nephew before he went electro to learn marker safety
You can make your own mech Ion\PMR using an Autococker 3way,probably the cheapest but more difficlt mod,you can also make a pump Ion or PMR using an AC 3way too
Agree with above poster,almost better to buy an Enemy unless you really want to mod an Ion or have one laying around

Hey can u show e a vid or walk through on how to make it pump and mech with a AC 3way

WTB upgraded ion board

#7 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

O

Hey can u show e a vid or walk through on how to make it pump and mech with a AC 3way

Heres the kit I used for my mech Ion and 2011 mech PMR done by Deathwish&Yoda on MCB
http://www.mcarterbr...le-thread*.html
Not done by me but its the link i'll use when i get time to build one
http://www.mcarterbr...ow-reality.html
Hardest part will be fitting everything in the frame
heres the link for the "walkable" mech too,not my project either
http://www.pbnation....=mech ion vespa

Edited by Punisher068, 17 May 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#8 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

O

there are two options for valves
the most popular is the clippard SMAV-3 because it's small and easy to mount
http://www.clippard.com/part/SMAV-3
I'd actually recommend the Fabco MSV-2 because they are supposed to be smoother and have a lighter pull due to the lever actuator
http://store.fabco-a...il.php?prod=MSV

The 3-way method works but if you don't already have one lying around it is better to just buy either of the aforementioned valves, because in the end it will cost you only about $10 more to use the valve and it will be less likely to fail.
If you're interested in doing the 3-way mod still, it's very simple:
All you do is use a pen spring to spring load the three way, so it stays open by itself, then mount it behind the trigger. When you pull the trigger it actuates the now spring loaded 3-way and fires the gun. When you release the trigger the spring resets the 3-way and brings the bolt back. You can message me and I'll walk you through it in more detail.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users