27 replies to this topic

#1 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

with that being said... I love my MVP. G6R ... eh... not so much, but love the MVP and Gen 4. Timmies.

Edited by Praetorian, 03 May 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#2 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Thats great haha... Bob's just tellin the truth on this one xD

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Although I am happy to see Bob set the record straight there are a few legitimate complaints about their CS. Hopefully with the success of the V-COM and Insight they can use thebrevenue amd time to streamline operations and possibly add some more staff, just one or two dedicated support personel would do them wonders in focusing their efforts where needed.

#4 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Anything Custom will ALWAYS take longer. How do people not know this?

#5 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

I agree with everything said here.
The paintball community is filled with spoiled brats, and the industry is only fueling it by coming down the the public's standards.

This just further embeds my idea of Mr. Bob Long as a down to earth guy who understands paintball as a game, not as a business.

#6 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

I agree with everything said here.
The paintball community is filled with spoiled brats, and the industry is only fueling it by coming down the the public's standards.

This just further embeds my idea of Mr. Bob Long as a down to earth guy who understands paintball as a game, not as a business.

nothing more needs to be said than this Posted Image

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#7 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

I really wish paintballers now days waited the same time frame Custom shops made guns back in the 90's. LOL they would shit their pants.

#8 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Custom takes time. But when I oredered a bone stock dust black G6R and it took 4 months over the timeframe I got, 6 months total, to get it. Then there's something wrong. And when the ting has more milling marks than a homemilled impulse, then there's something wrong. When my case is very old and there's no orings, manual, allen keys or foam for my barrel, then there's something wrong. All this being said, I'm strongly considering getting an Insight.

But please Bob, fix your packaging, it sucked in 2005 and it's still the same.

#9 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Makes me appreciate the 1 of 2 G6R I had a year ago

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#10 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

It's not like hes giving this shit away for free, other companies seem to be able to put guns out, if you pay for something you should get it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#11 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

It's not like hes giving this shit away for free, other companies seem to be able to put guns out, if you pay for something you should get it.

Then buy a stock gun, bring it to a local place, and have it done for more money.

Or you can accept the fact that your gun isn't special, and ditch the entitled attitude. If 12 weeks is the estimate, I don't think you have the right to complain until after 12 weeks has passed.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

He talks so much crap its laughable. Hurr hurr were the last to be made in the USA, hurr hurr we only have 7 employees, hurr hurr Empire and Eclipse are bad. I wonder why it takes so long to make stuff...

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 04 May 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#13 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

He talks so much crap its laughable. Hurr hurr were the last to be made in the USA, hurr hurr we only have 7 employees, hurr hurr Empire and Eclipse are bad. I wonder why it takes so long to make stuff...

Take a deep breathe under water, then you can talk shit. :)

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Are you seriously fucking comparing BLAST to other marker manufacturers? PE JUST started getting orders of the LV1 out and BLAST is a way smaller company.

#15 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

BLAST is a way smaller company.

Clearly a valid reason to laze around after people pay for their stuff, and make up bullshit to sell their guns.

Also if you watch the video its Bob himself that says that about Empire and PE, not me.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 04 May 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

BLAST is a way smaller company.

Clearly a valid reason to laze around after people pay for their stuff, and make up bullshit to sell their guns.

Also if you watch the video its Bob himself that says that about Empire and PE, not me.

Empirical evidence of this happening would be awesome wouldn't it?

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 04 May 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#17 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

How many G6R's have you seen get 21 pods?

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

How many G6R's have you seen get 21 pods?

Do you mean to imply that the video was not genuine? Can you prove that?

This has nothing to do with them "Lazing around" either.

#19 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Tink of teh happy places,mon :)

And IMO if he puts out good quality guns that shoot well and are reliable,then its ok to wait.And, the 12 weeks is ESTIMATED.It's like complaining that packages never get here on the expected dates.There is a reason its called an ESTIMATION.

#20 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Earning that award, aren't you? :lol:

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 04 May 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#21 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

something no one has EVER taken into account with bob's efficiency is the fact that he is at a very high elevation in the mountains, i know for a fact he can run a lower dwell up there, take a look at the insight NG and the Vcom, when they brought them to HB due to the pressure difference in the atmosphere IE being at sea level they had to increase the dwell... i don't know if elevation has ever been tested on the effect of efficiency of markers but i do believe it is a major factor in bob's miraculous video's though i also firmly believe he stretches the truth a little...

also i posted this on the video on blasts page...

i love your products, and i understand where you are coming from, i can understand not being happy with people complaining about 6-7 week wait times. but i fail to see why push forward with new product when there seems to be such a backlog of previous orders that never get filled from years ago? i paid for two polish black gear drive asa's over 3 years ago, i was told they were in stock and would be there in 5 days. didn't happen. then told they are out of stock it will be a month, then that didn't happen i continued to ask the pro shop i ordered them through about it, nothing. when calling to blast i was told my order was "skipped" that the asa's had come in and then sold out again and my order wasn't filled. bitch all you want about a few weeks. but anything over a year for a company to not complete an order is just ridiculous and i can't understand how you could think that is acceptable. i'll continue to wait patiently bob, it's been over 3 years. i really hope i only have to wait a few more months but i think that shows i have a good bit of patience, and i don't think it is too out there to be a little upset having to wait so long for a simple part which isn't really custom in any way. but i guess there is a reason ANSgear took your asa's off their inventory list.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#22 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

You asked for evidence of their BS, I provided. The proof of the video not being genuine is given from the fact that a 70/4500 tank holds enough energy for about 2650 shots, assuming a 100% efficient, frictionless gun, 21 pods is 2900.

Wheres the sense in that? Sure, you can call out any manufacturer for saying 'our guns are accurate', or slightly bloating efficiency. But on numerous occasions (on camera) its been claimed, and its funny as hell every time.

Second year running would be nice. Posted Image

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 04 May 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

You asked for evidence of their BS, I provided. The proof of the video not being genuine is given from the fact that a 70/4500 tank holds enough energy for about 2650 shots, assuming a 100% efficient, frictionless gun, 21 pods is 2900.

Wheres the sense in that? Sure, you can call out any manufacturer for saying 'our guns are accurate', or slightly bloating efficiency. But on numerous occasions (on camera) its been claimed, and its funny as hell every time.

Second year running would be nice. Posted Image

Wasn't he using a 90ci tank in that video?

#24 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

bob says you have to wait for custom... but why should we have to wait for stock non custom whatsoever parts. and when they miss projected releases by YEARS i think that's bullshit and i have every goddamn right to complain, and you know what, bob said it feels like crap when people say bad stuff? WELL READ THIS BOB LONG, GET FUCKING USED TO BUSINESS! if you can't fulfill on your product then yes you have every right to be chewed the fuck out, feel like crap, and have people complain about you because you SHOULD feel bad if you make people wait over a YEAR for a product no matter what company you are, no non custom piece should EVER take that long, and i hope you feel bad because you run a shitty company if you can't keep up with multiple years PAST your "estimated" release.

he talks about large companies getting their orders before individuals, well at what point does my AMERICAN dollar hold the same value as the big companies bob?

also, he seems to not like working with "children" well i'm a 19 yr old adult. and guess what bob, you are a shitty fucking business owner.

Edited by Demon, 04 May 2013 - 10:14 PM.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

bob says you have to wait for custom... but why should we have to wait for stock non custom whatsoever parts. and when they miss projected releases by YEARS i think that's bullshit and i have every goddamn right to complain, and you know what, bob said it feels like crap when people say bad stuff? WELL READ THIS BOB LONG, GET FUCKING USED TO BUSINESS! if you can't fulfill on your product then yes you have every right to be chewed the fuck out, feel like crap, and have people complain about you because you SHOULD feel bad if you make people wait over a YEAR for a product no matter what company you are, no non custom piece should EVER take that long, and i hope you feel bad because you run a shitty company if you can't keep up with multiple years PAST your "estimated" release.

he talks about large companies getting their orders before individuals, well at what point does my AMERICAN dollar hold the same value as the big companies bob?

also, he seems to not like working with "children" well i'm a 19 yr old adult. and guess what bob, you are a shitty fucking business owner.

And what release would that be that took years? Do you have any idea what R&D issues they were dealing with?

I feel like I'm starting to sound like a BL fanboy here (which I'm not, hence why I just decided to buy a Clone instead of a spool'ed Vic V1) but holy shit you people really think you know what it's like to run their business? There has been HUGE demand for the LV1 and Insight and they've had VERY similar release schedules so far, which says a lot for a company the size of BLAST.

#26 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

i said it in the post.

BOB LONG GEARDRIVE ASA the oldest order left unfilled is 4 YEARS old, ansgear took them off their site because they figured bob wouldn't even do it and they refunded everyones money, sadly i don't get that luxury, because the money was already sent to bob through my local pro shop.

he "released it" then didn't make ANY for 4 years but took everyones money and lied about the ship dates multiple times. most recently i was told 5 weeks ago that they would be shipping in a month. so... about a week ago.. again bullshit and more bullshit.

also R and D means RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

you are not researching how to make a product you ALREADY DESIGNED AND RELEASED they just haven't been MAKING them.

if you can't keep up with your orders right now you need to either A. hire more employees to keep up with your booming demand or B. STOP COMING UP WITH NEW SHIT TO MAKE UNTIL YOU ARE CAUGHT UP!

this is just simple business practices and yes. anything over one year of wait time is horse shit.

and it isn't even just the asa's, try to get a pressure tester. that's 6 months, supercharger engine? a year. and those are the "estimated" wait times. come on. that's pathetic. bitching about a few weeks is one thing. but 6 months to a year or more?

Edited by Demon, 04 May 2013 - 11:06 PM.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#27 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

No, it was a Ninja 70/45.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 04 May 2013 - 11:49 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#28 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

No, it was a Ninja 70/45.

Thanks, wasnt sure. Obviously something was fishy there then lol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users