• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wulox

Wulox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi all, wanting to get into pump but not sure on what marker to get. I know I want to play open class and I have narrowed my options down to the azodin kaos pump, the empire sniper or an autococker pump. I would preferably like to have the empire sniper, but I'm a bit tight for cash at the moment so that option is only open if I do get the cash.
Back to the actual topic of the post I just wanted to know how easy or hard it is to maintain an autococker pump as I know that many are custom built and do not actually come with a manual of sorts. I like the look of the autococker pumps but I don't want to buy a gun that I'm not going to know anything about really. The azodin kaos pump on the other hand does come with a manual and seems quite easy to maintain, but I do prefer autocockers to the Azodin.
If there is any quick start guides to autococker pumps, or a basic manual I can get from anywhere it would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

There is not much maintaining to do on cocker pumps.A little lube/oil on the bolt,and lube the reg every few cases.Other than that,just fine tuning with a q-tip.

#3 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just FYI, an "Autococker pump" IS a Sniper. The Sniper came before Autococker.

The joke goes "Slap a pump kit on an Autococker and its fixed". You just need to know basic maintenance techniques for paintball like oiling/lubing the marker and you're set.

The Empire Sniper is just a "New" rendition on the old Sniper design. If you are really concerned about the manual there are plenty of how to vids on YouTube and almost every paintball manual is available online with a little searching.

Doing a quick search I came up with this.

its a simple how to on how to lube the bolt.

There's nothing much else to say, just look up Autococker maintenance and you'll be know everything you'll need to know.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#4 Wulox

Wulox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Thanks all for the help!
Also, thank you for clearing that up Bowmasta, I didn't really understand why people also kept calling autococker pumps snipers. You can tell I'm new to pump :D

#5 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I've got a Kaos pump, nothing but good things to say about it. In the staging area, before you are playing, it might feel less refined than a higher end pump like an Sniper. But as soon as I'm on the field, I stop noticing the tiny flaws and enjoy the overall feel of the gun. It is comfortable, sturdy, and stupid simple.
My upgrades to my pump are:
Single trigger and on off (ans gold and black akp limited edition, it's 200 dollars and comes with some great upgrades.)
lurker 679 barrel
karni reg

buying used, I've spent less than 200 dollars on this gun.

Yes I will eventually change to a mid ranged autococker pump, most likely a SM1, once I feel the need. But for now, the AKP is perfect.
Oh and yes the AKP farts if you hold the pump handle forward. No, the fart is not very loud with a aftermarket barrel. No, it will not ruin your day or wreck your play style. :rolleyes: For 200 dollars, if the biggest complaint people have is the noise, then you know it must be good! ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#6 thomas mendoza

thomas mendoza

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

The autococker is pretty easy to break down I could take mine apart and back to tether in ten minutes grip frame and all and you could take the bolt out and clean a broken ball out in seconds

#7 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

The only thing I would add is I've found autococker valves to be finiky. Once they are working leave them alone. I don't take it apart down to the valve on a regular basis. Usually I only wipe the gun down pull and clean the bolt and the barrel. I clean the top ware the bolt goes after every game. But unless the gun is very dirty I only clean the lowers several times a year and the valve only when it needs a new cup seal. If I didn't rain, have a bolt chop and get paint on my bolt I assume the lowers are fine. It's over all a very simple and clean gun. Not many openings for paint, water and dirt to get into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users