• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ryandall_kasan

ryandall_kasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'm looking to upgrading to a electronic marker and if narrowed it down to these three...Which one do you suggest is better and why?

#2 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

I have no firsthand experience with the G4

Of the Rail and the extcy, I much prefer the extcy. I find the trigger is easier to walk. It isn't perfect, but...

From an ownership point of view (never owned the Rail, just played for a day) the Extcy is easier to program in my opinion. The downside to the Extcy? Barrel threading, and an ASA that may or may not shred its own oring (not the tank's). I bought a bag of 100 orings, and after a day of play I'll perform some preventative maintenance and replace the oring. Not everyone has this issue, but I've read about it before. I don't think the Extcy's reg self-bleeds, but I'm not certain as I don't have the stock reg. I do not like the fact that this thing has an oring in the breech itself.

That's about all I can think of offhand. If you can, shoot them both, they are both great guns.

Edited by Dogg3, 05 May 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I have first hand experience with the rail, they are a great shooter. I like them way better than the extcy.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Extcy=rail> G4
Between the extcy and the rail is totally up to you, and you wont be disappointed by either. Toss a coin on it?
But the G4 is terrible.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

easily leave the g4 out. but i say extcy over rail for the on off asa, board, and case.

#6 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

PMR

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#7 ryandall_kasan

ryandall_kasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

So the G4 is out of the question? what if I can get the g4 for only $225?

#8 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Still not worth it. You can get the extcy for just $25 more, which will give you a better case, board, asa, (trigger is shit though) and more. Just saying, I would get a violent delrin trigger for it. The pmr though has an ok case, asa is ehh, board is decent, not as good as the blackheart... and yeah. Good Luck!
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I own and love my Rail. Great shooter and easy to maintain. True the board isn't the easiest to program, but if you're only playing recball, then you set it and forget it.

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Again, all dependent on the user. I say go with the eXTCy because it comes with an on/off and a better board just in case you need it. Plus the trigger isn't horsecrap like the PMR's. But if you like the feel of the PMR, why not?

#11 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

For a first electro you can't go wrong with the pmr or the extcy. Performance wise. A mid end is a mid end

#12 ryandall_kasan

ryandall_kasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

is the regulator of the extcy hard to take apart and clean?

#13 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

is the regulator of the extcy hard to take apart and clean?

Yeah You need to take out a c clip. Nbd though

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

But you won't need to service the regulator for a long time. And you can ship it in to them and they'll do it for you.

#15 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

I need to write a bot that scans this forum and automatically responds with "The G4 is not shit." every time 'G4' comes up in the title.

No the G4 is not shit, although $225 for a stock used one is a little high but not terrible. I got 1 for $150 and another for $200. See if you can get it for $200. Also make sure you throw out the stock DP lube and use something like gunsav.

Performance wise the Extcy and the G4 are roughly equivalent and both beat the rail. The G4 is faster and has a better trigger. The Extcy comes with a nice case, and has a better shot quality. G4 is cocker threaded, which is nice. Extcy is ion threaded... not so nice. I prefer the G4 but you will probably be happier with either. The rail is not a bad gun but it lacks some of the features of the other two.

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

The rail just is lacking in features, but a nice shooter regardless. The G4 is packed with features, but not too great of a shooter regardless. The extcy comes with nice extra features, and shoots rather as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users