12 replies to this topic

#1 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

So, last week Sunday, Me and my buddy went out to Adventure Zone in Guthrie, OK for to check out what the new owners were doing to the place (first thing they did was get rid of the shitty Carnage paint and switch to Valken). This was the first time I played a game with an objective (That makes it a scenario game, right?). You had to either defend the fort or capture it by touching the tire wall surrounding it, depending on which team you're on. There was a youngin' (maybe 6-8 yrs old, his mom told us to shoot her and not the boy. I tried not to shoot either of them.) The kid wanted to stay in the fort so I volunteered to switch teams and ended up attacking twice. I didn't do well either time. The first time I got one person out but we never captured the fort. The second time, I got shot out without firing a shot. The area we were playing in has a lot of evergreen trees and you can see someone pretty well from the other side of them. They did't offer the greatest cover, either. The other team had bunkers they could hide behind. Is there some way of getting through the trees without getting shot? Also, at one point we had the fort surrounded on all sides and you could arc a ball over the tires and hit someone facing the other way. What can I do to still be able to shoot back (AZ doesn't allow blind fire) without getting pelted in the back of the head? Also, will these tips translate well into woodsball where you're just in the trees, trying to shoot the other team out?

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Holy wall of text batman.

#3 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Holy wall of text batman.

I get bored at work, sorry.

I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Can I get a little TL;DR? My eyes hurtPosted Image

#5 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Trees offer terrible cover, best thing to do is stand back behind the trees(not right up next to them) and be constantly moving, even if it's not a huge move, but once you get stuck in one spot, people tend to just shoot the tree and wait for that 1 ball to get through.

#6 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Can I get a little TL;DR? My eyes hurtPosted Image

Is there some way of getting through the trees without getting shot? Also, at one point we had the fort surrounded on all sides and you could arc a ball over the tires and hit someone facing the other way. What can I do to still be able to shoot back (AZ doesn't allow blind fire) without getting pelted in the back of the head? Also, will these tips translate well into woodsball where you're just in the trees, trying to shoot the other team out?

I'll just paste the questions. The other stuff was context.

Edited by Village Idiot, 05 May 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#7 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

There is no specific tip then to simply play smarter, you have to rely on your head instead of your gun. You have to play to your strengths, some might be able to use speed and agility to avoid hits, others might be able to sneak, some might use a partner to get attention then sneak in the back.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#8 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

There is no specific tip then to simply play smarter, you have to rely on your head instead of your gun. You have to play to your strengths, some might be able to use speed and agility to avoid hits, others might be able to sneak, some might use a partner to get attention then sneak in the back.

So maybe a better question would be how do I determine my strengths? I don't really shine at anything that I can see. Maybe it will come out the more I play, though.

#9 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

So maybe a better question would be how do I determine my strengths? I don't really shine at anything that I can see. Maybe it will come out the more I play, though.

You could take what you know you're are bad/poor at and try to compensate with something you're good at and build that into a strength.
Examples:
I'm not a fast runner______ so I practiced how to shoot more accurately at distances.
I'm 6' 5" and wear a red jersey______ so I run down the center of the field attracting attention so my teammates flank out of sight.
Team is a group of idiots when it comes to maneuvering_____Grab the reins and direct people where to be( but don't be a dick doing it)
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX

#10 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

You could take what you know you're are bad/poor at and try to compensate with something you're good at and build that into a strength.
Examples:
I'm not a fast runner______ so I practiced how to shoot more accurately at distances.
I'm 6' 5" and wear a red jersey______ so I run down the center of the field attracting attention so my teammates flank out of sight.
Team is a group of idiots when it comes to maneuvering_____Grab the reins and direct people where to be( but don't be a dick doing it)

See, on a speedball field, I'm okay at knowing when to move up. I might try seeing if I can incorporate some of that. I don't have to be super fast, I just have to know when and where to move, right? Maybe if I can do that and harass the other team a bit?

#11 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Movement is critical,but just as critical is awareness of players on both teams, and anticipation of there movements.
BST TIPX

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

I feel the best time to know when you're good at something is when you do something and you happen to be good at it.
That being said, it's a shame I have never been in your predicament. From day 1 in paintball I know that I am a really fast runner.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

I feel the best time to know when you're good at something is when you do something and you happen to be good at it.
That being said, it's a shame I have never been in your predicament. From day 1 in paintball I know that I am a really fast runner.

I was fast when I was a kid. Before cheese and Mexican food entered my life. I'm working on it. That said, I been pretty lucky with moving. Maybe that'll turn out to be my strong point. I guess only time will tell.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users