Photo

Fields of Battle? Prepare your wallet...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Downloaded the new Greg Hastings Fields of Battle game last night and really enjoyed it until I ran out of paint. At this point you are forced to spend actual money on paint or be stuck in paintball pistol hell using the Tippmann TPX... Now im no game developer but isnt this a death wish for any FPS like game? Having to literally pay for a constant supply of whatever ammunition you are using paintball or bullets or whatever in any game is ridiculous. Hopefully it changes but so far I have seen nothing on the interwebs that would lead me to believe they will...

Overall fantastic game, very fun fast paced action that changes with every field but this issue up top will not be overcome unless they let you spend the virtual coin you earn from matches on paint rather then actual money which I repeat is a deal breaker. So as it stands 1/5 would be my rating change it so I dont have to use money to buy paint and it would be 4/5 for sure...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#2 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Not to mention you have to use coins to get in events. They give you 100 to start, and you have to pay 20 for entry. When you do the simple math, you can only play five games, unless you run out of paint. This idea of buying every item with coins you have to purchase because you can't earn them at a decent enough pace is just rediculous. It's way too common in free games. In their defense though, how else do you think they could profit from it?
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

The TiPX seems to work pretty good and its easy enuff to take first with that once ya set the controls to your taste and get use to it. And you win coins back up too 200 coins per round in first second or third so. Essentially if ya play pistol and win a few rnds every now and then the game is completely free.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

The TiPX seems to work pretty good and its easy enuff to take first with that once ya set the controls to your taste and get use to it. And you win coins back up too 200 coins per round in first second or third so. Essentially if ya play pistol and win a few rnds every now and then the game is completely free.

While this is true you cant get any markers or more paint for the 98Custom without paying for it? They would make money through upgrades or just charge for the game itself? I would pay 99 cents, 1.99 or even maybe 4.99 for the game itself if everything was accessible with coins I could win in the game? Its retarded to think that people will constantly pay into a game that will literally give them nothing in return... and by constantly I mean I ran through a case in about 30 minutes 100 gold coins are 1.99, a case of 2000 paintballs is 25 gold coins so you get 8000 paintballs before you pay another dollar ninety nine into the game... The fact that you have to constantly pay money to play the game at a level that is fun is just beyond comprehension.

#5 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Who the hell would play a simulated paintball game that charges you? When you could just do the real thing.

#6 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

Who the hell would play a simulated paintball game that charges you? When you could just do the real thing.

Thank you... my point exactly...

#7 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

wanted to download this, now i have no desire.

way to fuck up another one Greg.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#8 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

How do you switch to the TiPX?

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#9 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

You switch to the free shooting TiPX automatically as soon as ya run out of paint.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users